WTF did I just hear?

Nope, I wasn’t even near there. Or was I?? I can’t remember, I was too drun…Aaaaaaaaah

Have you seen their possums? They’re all cute and adorable and things! They have enough fur to cover themselves decently! They have to be protected because people make coats out of them! If I ever saw somebody wearing a coat made out of American possums I’d either wet my pants in terror or die laughing. Possibly both at once.

I would definitely second that. Heck not even in heat. Last time I stayed at a mate’s house I slept on the settee in the same room as his two kittens and they made me jump a couple times late at night. I got my revenge though by making a kitten’s mewing which really freaked 'em out. hehehe.

If you only heard it the once Lobsang could you have dreamt it? That’s happened to me before, just as I’m falling into sleep.

My Street is riddled with cats so I know well what strange noises cats can and do make. But the noise I heard sounded distinctly human.

In fact, looking back, it could almost have been vampire-like. :frowning:

I was sat at my computer when I heard it.

It could be a zombie.

Yeah, it distracts from their good qualities.

Not really. The possums around my way are evil, rodent-faced rodents with immense incisors, frightening sharpened claws and blood boiling with…with…AAAIIIIEEEEE…

:smiley:

( Second-Hand Possums: band name )

Cartooniverse

If they were in Ireland, they’d be opossums.

Yeah, Seamus and Molly O’Possum and all of the wee O’Possums.

Not really. The possums around my way are evil, rodent-faced rodents with immense incisors, frightening sharpened claws and blood boiling with…with…AAAIIIIEEEEE…

:smiley:

( Second-Hand Possums: band name )

Cartooniverse

Thief.

:wink:

Ar? :confused:

Just want to say that this thread is providing hilarity on a somewhat difficult day - thanks guys!
Aussie possums are rather sweet, especially Tasmanian ones. (I have no idea why).
How freaky are American possums then? Are they the Keith Richards to an aussie possum’s Ronan Keating or something?
Hey, Lobsang, is The Keith in the Isle of Man by any chance? Could explain the sounds. :smiley:

So, what did they see through your open window? :smiley:

Only marsupial in North America, the opossum is.

I flattened one with my car on the way home last night. He was foraging for food in the fast lane of a major US highway. Opossums are fearsomely dumb, and have poor eyesight. Not a good survival combination. Good thing for them they’re as prolific as flies.

I used to have to walk over a bridge across Rock Creek Park in DC to get to work. I’ll never forget getting a day’s worth of amusement from all the fascinated/terrified urbanites one morning when a large, stupid possum climbed up on the bridge railing.

“Oh my God! What is it?”

Me: “Stay away! It’s poisonous!” :slight_smile:

I picked it up by the tail (in an impressive Croc Hunter display) and chucked it back into the park.

City folk.

Here’s an American possum. Ugly little bugger, ain’t he? Do the Aussies have cuter ones? Can we set up some kind of exchange program?

I think they’re cute.

Baby opossums make kittens look ugly. :wink:

Some folk eat American possums; I don’t about Antipodian possums. Are they tasty?

When I was in Australia, my Aussie friends referred to it as “chundering”. After a fun night of beer and clams on the beach, someone would invariably have to lose a load. They would hang over the railing on the boardwalk, yell out “WATCH UNDER!” and then hurl.

Are possums and opossums like matter and anti-matter?

Maybe what Lobsang heard was the explosion of a possum and an opossum meeting.

Mainly what we Americans see of possums is our headlights reflected in their moonpie eyes before our cars hit them.

Keith Richards is undead. Possums are just oblivious.