Xploder Goes To The Store Once Again...

Ya know, you’ld think that I’d have learned after going last time and coming back with 22 packages of steak…
I went to the grocery store a bit ago for the purpose of buying pepperoni. Nothing else. So what did I come home with?

1. Three huge cans of corned beef hash.
  2. Six huge bags of beef jerkey.
  3. Four cases of pop for the kids.
  4. Eight packages of biscuit mix.
  5. Four boxes of Focacchia Bread mix.
  6. Four huge packages of cube steak.
  7. Four pounds of mozzarella cheese.
  8. Three tubs of sour cream that I thought was cottage cheese.
  9. Fresh roasted gralic - two jars.
  10. Three packages of portobello mushrooms.
  11. Two dozen toy mice for my cats because they seem to have lost the other five dozen ones that I’ve bought over the past three weeks.
    Where’s the pepperoni you might ask? Of course, I forgot it.

The worst thing is that my wife is home today and got to rag on me about it as soon as I got home. I go to get some pepperoni to make pizza and spend $120 on stuff i didn’t need.

Maybe I should start up a Grocery Shoppers Anonymous Group or something…

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee…

Well, hang on, now.

Pizza:

1. Four boxes of Focacchia Bread mix.
  2. Four pounds of mozzarella cheese.
  3. Fresh roasted gralic - two jars.
  4. Three packages of portobello mushrooms.
    (and the pepperoni you didn’t buy).
    You also forgot the 12 cans of pizza sauce.

Afternoon snacks to eat while watching old movies with the kids:

1. Three huge cans of corned beef hash.
  2. Six huge bags of beef jerkey.
  3. Four cases of pop for the kids.

Breakfast:

1. Eight packages of biscuit mix.
  2. Four huge packages of cube steak.

Entertainment (hey! you can eat the snacks while watching the cats play with the mice! that way, you’ll know where the mice go and save in the long run!:

1. Two dozen toy mice for my cats because they seem to have lost the other five dozen ones that I’ve bought over the past three weeks.

Legitimate mistake:

1. Three tubs of sour cream that I thought was cottage cheese.

These you can take back to the store and exchange for cottage cheese. Why you needed cottage cheese when you have beef jerky and pizza, I don’t know. Anyway, you’ve got to go back to teh store anyway to buy that pepperoni.

It’s all good.

Oh, and the pizza sauce. Don’t forget that.

I don’t think I’ve ever gone into the store for a gallon of milk and come out with only a gallon of milk. But I can’t just pass up the good deals, ya know? Who can ignore the siren song of “Buy One - Get One Free”?? Or a special treat for my daughter who works so hard…

I know. Weak.

No need to go back for pizza sauce…I have four number 10 cans of it :slight_smile: I usually buy eveything in bulk anyway as I have teenagers and they have a LOT of friends…

As for the sour cream, no harm done as it’ll get used up pretty quick.

The mozarella…dammit, I already had two big bags and never realized it. Not to mention the fact, even though I’m gonna, that I already have eight boxes of Facaccia bread here in my storage/computer room. I figure I’ll just slice the mushrooms and then cook them in a brown sauce to smother over the steaks :slight_smile:

Sometimes I just out and out scare myself…

Nah that’s not weak…weak is when I go to get something knowing that I’m gonna get a bunch of other stuff because it looks good/is on sale and then not getting what I came for!

Then again, I just went back and got the pepperoni but forgot to get disposable pizza tins.

I am mister pathetic here people…