YAGT (Yet Another Gmail Thread) No invites, just tools and stuff

I know there are a couple of invite threads already, but I wanted to share a Gmail related thing I’ve come across and see if anyone else had tips or tricks or whatever.

Google released a program called Gmail Notifier that sits in your systray and checks for new mail every two minutes. I was using a Firefox extension to check my mail, but I like this one better because:
[ul]
[li]You don’t have to have a browser open[/li][li]It can play a sound when you have new mail[/li][li]It can make Gmail your default email program, so it will use Gmail when you click on a “mailto:” link in your browser[/li][/ul]

Anyone else have something cool to share?

Very cook Berkut.

Anyone know of an easy way to import my address book? I didn’t see an import option.

There is a link in the upper right hand corner of Gmail labeled “Contacts”, and in that window there is an import option. It appears to only import .csv files, so you will probably have to export your address book in that format first.

Thanks again Berkut!

http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html

“GmailFS provides a mountable Linux filesystem which uses your Gmail account as its storage medium.”

I haven’t tried it, but it’s an interesting idea.