Yay, stomach bugs...

A night or two ago, my cousin’s toddler son suddenly began throwing up overnight. Next morning, he seemed fine, and I visited in the afternoon. I visited again today, and played with the older sister, who’s three and a half. She seems perfectly fine. Suddenly, she throws up and has the runs. While they clean up, I spend time downstairs closely with her little brother, who seems fine. All of a sudden, he later throws up again too!

Neither has a fever, but now I’m kinda concerned about my own health, especially since everyone in this house is stumped as to what’s going on. Worse, their newborn cousin is also visiting!

Ugh, I really don’t want anyone else to get sick here. I just got back from a Christmas trip, and I need to get back into the groove of my regular life. At least I can take Pepto or something if I do…

Welcome to the club!

I drove a friend to the airport on New Years Eve. I felt fine going out there, but on the way home, I felt a couple of burps coming on. Oh oh, that never happens to me.

Less than an hour later I’m talking to the great white throne. I spent New Years Eve on the couch, and crawled into bed about 6:00 a.m., just as my friend sent me a text to say he was home.

This bug had gone through a couple of close families over Christmas, and now, today it’s hit the 5 year old daughter of a friend.

It hits quick and doesn’t last long. If it does, I don’t think Pepto will help.

For the past couple of days I’ve had persistent nausea and a slight fever. Not too bad, but just enough to put me in a bad mood. :mad:

Last January, however, I got the same type of thing but much worse. I was puking and shitting so much I needed emergency IV fluids. So I suppose I should feel thankful it’s not that severe this time.

I hope it doesn’t become a yearly thing.

UGH, my husband is currently leveled by a nasty, nasty stomach bug. It’s so bad that he is not only sleeping on towels, but has made a path to the bathroom out of them. I’m sleeping on the couch and passing him gatorade, water, and meds through the door. In fact, I should go check on him now…