"Yeah Right" Statements

I got eamiled the following:

There is a feature in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and greater that you may not even notice – it’s called AutoCorrect. AutoCorrect works in the background to automatically correct common mistakes) in the “http” and “ftp” portion of addresses that you type into the Address bar.

So you see, MS watches out for you always.
It’s that last line that make me spit.

“Yeah, right.”

By George Bush:
“Read my lips. No new taxes.”

Yeah, Right!

Comments by elected officials to the effect that their extra-curricular relationships with interns of the opposite sex were not sexual in nature.
Yeah, right.

Actual copy from Fox:

As with the first series, Temptation Island 2 provides an emotional, dramatic and heartfelt look into each person’s feelings about their partner, their relationship and often times, themselves.

Yeah, right.

“The check is in the mail”

Yeah Right!

“If this message has reached you in error, please click here and you will be immediately removed from our mailing list.”

“It’s not you. It’s me.”

“The Dallas Cowboys-America’s Team.”

We can still be friends

In vocabulary two negative terms can indicate a positive but two positive terms can never equate to a negative.

Yeah right

[sub]Must be the exception that proves the rule.[/sub]

“Please wait, Setup is configuring your computer to run Windows”

“The Supreme Court decision to stop the Florida recounts and award the 2000 Presidential election to George W. Bush was reached by impartial means and by following the letter of the law and prior precedents.”

Yeah, RIGHT!

Microsoft Works™ :smiley:

Of course I’ll still respect you in the morning!

I’m from the government and I’m here to help you.

One size fits all.

I can quit any time I want to.

Lose five pounds the first week!

Dear Penthouse Forum: Well, I never thought it would happen to me, but…

Please stay on the line, your call is very important to us

The enclosed survey is to assess how Management at name of company is doing. Please take the time to fill it out because your opinion is important to us.

I really respect your feelings, but…

[sub]From Friday’s Associated Press wire[/sub]

Presidential adviser Karl Rove met with two lobbyists from the pharmaceutical industry last month while he owned nearly a quarter of a million dollars worth of stock in a pair of drug companies, the White House acknowledged Friday.

“Karl was fully aware of ethical regulations and has abided by them at all times,” said White House spokeswoman Anne Womack.

“Earn up to $100,000 by working at home!”

“FREE 7 DAY MEMBERSHIP! Click here now!”