Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini

No one knows. Between the locker room, the blanket, and the water, we never get to see the bikini.

The song.

It would appear to be, as I always suspected, a yellow bikini with dark brown or black dots.

It’s yellow with orange or red dots.

Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny. That’s all that comes to mind.

I picture a yellow bikini with black spots. The song first surfaced a long time ago, and today’s bikinis are much teeny weenier and itsy bitsier than they were then. Some of today’s IBTWYPDBs don’t have enough fabric to cover a baseball. There’s barely room for three polka dots. :wink:

Gryffindor colors, of course.

Yellow with black dots. Any other way is wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yellow with either black or colored dots, but never white dots.

Paul Vance has said that the bikini which inspired the song had yellow dots. No word on what the background color was.

His wife was the one who bought the bikini in question but, being too chicken to actually wear it, altered it to fit their two-year old. It’s the daughter who is hiding in the locker, blanket, and water, too shy for anyone to see.

Yellow with red polka dots. And the woman has nice hooters.

Actually, it is yellow with black dots, but the dots are fairly large. (The suit, of course, is itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny)

ALWAYS have pictured it as yellow with polka dots - but strange that I’ve never assigned a color to the dots :dubious: Not sure what that says about me…

I always pictured Yellow with Black polka-dots and being in the style of the Beach movies of the Sixties.

Actually I tend to picture the young Tuesday Weld wearing it.

Jim

I had the idea that the picture sleeve of the record might have an artist’s conception of the garment in question. (No luck–it’s a picture of Brian Hyland.) But doing a Google image search on the terms “itsy bitsy teeny weeny”–even without getting to the bikini part–led to some quite interesting results (even with “moderate SafeSearch” on). This was the funniest result, though. There’s your answer: black with yellow polka dots.

Yellow, with black dots.

another for yellow with black dots.

and the bikini is so small it is considered indecent exposure if one ever wore it out in public.

Look at how the words go when you guys describe your idea of it:

Yellow with black polka-dots
Yellow with blue polka-dots
Yellow with red polka-dots.

What is it about yellow polka-dots that’s so hard to understand?

But I feel like I hear a pause between yellow and polka dot. So it’s not yellow polka dot bikini. It’s more like yellow, polka dot bikini.

Yellow with white polka dots, as was the fashion of the time (my mom had a blue with white dots suit).