Yes, I know my life has changed forever.

Last Thursday, the 1st, my wife and I welcomed our first child into the world, George Patrick. He was a healthy 7 pounds, 5.5 ounces. We couldn’t be more excited!

He actually cooked a couple of days longer than expected. Turns out he really didn’t want to come out, and she had to have a C-section. According to her doctor, he was higher than he’d ever seen a baby. Apparently he was comfortable.

He’s named after George Washington and Patrick Henry. If someone asks if he’s named after Dubya, they get a dirty look.

I just wish everyone would stop telling me how my life has changed. I know it has. 2007 has seen us buy our first house and have our first kid. If I don’t know it by now, I’m not gonna figure it out.

Here are some pics!

Imgur

Congratulations! That’s a beautify baby!

Yep, he’s a keeper!

Your life will change forev— er, I mean, congratulations! :smiley:

What a cute kid! You know, with feedings and doctor’s appointments and what not your life is really going to…what?

Seriously, congratulations. And I like the name too. Speaking of presidents, if my sister, born in 1959, had been a boy my folks were going to name her Dwight.

Congrats! Things will never be the same! :smiley:

What?

Congratulations! Beautiful baby! I love the name George.

Not to be repetitive, but

A. That’s a cute kid.
B. No, we mean it. Your life is going to change. In ways you haven’t even thought of. It’s quite shocking, really.

Not much to say but Congratulations!

Beautiful baby, diku! Congratulations to you and your wife!

Congratulations! He’s gorgeous!

Congratulations. Just happened to me as well - my GF gave birth to a son a month ago, and nothing has been the same since. Probably never will. Most things change for the better, though, so don’t worry.

Thanks for sharing pictures. I was starting to have a not so hot day and seeing your beautiful and smiling family cheered me up considerably.

Congratulations!

Aww cute. Congratulations to you both!

I think being called daddy for the first time is one of lifes greatest pleasures.

Probably right behind your child calling you daddy! Can’t wait.

Oh, my goodness! He looks JUST LIKE his Mama! (And he probably looks just like you, too. Isn’t it weird how they look just like both of you?) What a cutie!

And it isn’t the big things, like buying a new house, that people mean by “your life will never be the same again.” It’s things like coming home after a long day of work to find out you’re not off the clock - your homework has just begun, as your sobbing wife hands you a screaming tot and goes to the bathroom on her own for the first time today. The first time you get a call from your best friend to go to a concert tonight and you have to say no because you don’t have a babysitter and you suddenly realize you have no idea how people actually get babysitters, you’ll know how much your life has changed.

I can sympathize with the comments. In 2005 my wife and I purchased our first house and welcomed our first child to the world. The comments were incessant. Honestly though, it’s 2007 now and we’ve had a second child and my life still doesn’t feel any different than before 2005. I feel more responsible and sure my “me” time is less, but really, I don’t feel the change in the manner I was lead to think it would change. And you’re 100% correct, what you don’t know, you will learn. Make it up as you go along, that’s what we’re doing. Different things work for different people. We listen to all of the advice…but rarely use it. Like whiskey to calm a fussy baby…sigh

My heartfelt congratulations!!!

Oh my god look at the baby! Daww!

Awwww! Congratulations!
He’s very cute, with his sweet little bald circle head. :slight_smile:
And I love the name George. We considered it (after George Washington Carver) for our son as well.

Of course our lives change when we have babies. Isn’t that one of the reasons we have them?

Congratulations. Wishing you a lifetime of luck and joy with your new family. :slight_smile:

Oh my ! What an awesome baby! I’ve always loved the name George. ( I made lotsa moola off of babysitting a little boy named George when I was a Teen. That money …oh…that tax free money…is now our deck…which needs to be ripped out and replaced after 14 years of abuse.)
What a precious moment for all of you.
Thanks for sharing!