Yes, you *do* need the money that bad, you oversensitive twat. (Hooters for Neuters)

I like Hooter’s food. Seriously, you can get crabs there really cheap. The women are incidental.

I’ve never had bad service there, either- actually, it might be the best service I’ve ever had at a restaurant.

The uniforms aren’t lewd, IMHO. Kind of reminds me of what girls wore in Gym Class when I was in School, which isn’t such a great memory anyways, having been a fat, awkward, unathletic kid. Now I get to eat Chicken Wings instead of running laps.

You can’t see Villaraigosa’s legs. He doesn’t have any. What fills his pantlegs are large, serpent-like tails. Trust me on this one.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Tee hee.

Have either of you every actually been in a Hooters? Granted, it’s been about ten years since I’ve visited one, but the outfits were shorts and t-shirts, just like women wear around town on a hot day anyway. Aside from the booby puns, everything else about the restaurant was basically like a Denny’s with better food–no stripping, no intimation of stripping–the waitress had a bra under her t-shirt, for goodness’ sake.

The animal shelter should fire the grumpy, misguided woman and accept the money.

Though on the big balance sheet for saving kittens, a lot of men would come out even.

She’s pretending? Shit!?!

Pittsburgh Brewing Company (makers of that swill, Iron City Beer) for years donated use of their facility along with tons of beer to the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank for the Pittsburgh Blues Festival. It was a huge hit for many years. Then, the Food Bank decided that “beer” was “bad” and they moved the festival site to an alternate (lesser IMHO) location, where beer was sold.

beggar/choosers and all that. :frowning:

Or…they can find another city that doesn’t get all indignant accepting money from a group of well-meaning people, and what city would be more than happy to use the money to spay and neuter their animals?

Beverly Hills.

I had heard this on KABC news last night that BH interested in accepting the charity money. I was drifting though…so did anyone else see that last night?

I think this is a point that really needs to be driven home. Someone before spoke of perception and how that may negatively effect the SPCA drive, but maybe the city could help show that Hooters really isn’t that bad of a place. I’ve been to Hooters a few times and I can say that it’s no different than any other male-oriented restaurant: pretty girls in skimpy things carrying beers and greasy food.

At Toby Keith’s restaurant the waitresses wear tight, black “booty shorts” (shorter than at hooters), high heeled cowboy boots, and shirts that are unbuttoned so the bra is seen, as well as tied up so the stomach/ back shows. They all also have on a ton of makeup.

I’ve been to countless sports bars where the women wear tight black short shorts and “referee” tops tied up and cut up to expose all the good stuff.

I just don’t see how the city is doing anything good by propagating an image of Hooters that simply isn’t true and also insulting the restaurant chain in a big, big way. If I was the owner of Hooters (or the ones in LA, at least), I’d be pissed. Either that or I’d just go to my giant room of money, roll in it, and laugh at the idiots working politics in Los Angeles. Then I’d go find a charity that is actually willing to accept donations.

No honey, she really thinks you’re totally sexy and wants you. < not to you specifically, as I have no idea what you look like > You didn’t know? Hot 20somethings with augmented 36D-24-34 measurements get turned on by 40 something, beer gut having, balding fathers of 4 more than anything in the world. Maybe if you tip her big, she’ll ask for your number! SCORE! :wink:

I knew there was a reason I’d regret moving from Glendale.

Seconded.

Hmmm, I only have two teens, and I’m not balding. Does that make me more or less attractive?

Less attractive, duh!

:: runs off to have a pillow fight with my large breasted college coed friends :

Um. . . did I mention that I am a state certified pillow fight referee?:wink:

What about me, I only have one, I’m refusing to admit I’m balding, but I had a 22 year old sit on my lap last week and tell me she’d “totally do me” if I weren’t married.

And NO, Ms. SmartyPants, she was not being paid. She was drunk. :wink:

Here’s your pillow back. You may want to adjust your top, you’re uh…falling out.

::not looking::

::yeah right:: :smiley:

OMG STOP EXPLOITING ME!

: runs off to buy some new shorts that have my ass hang out. But you better not look- that’s fucking exploitation!! :

I promise I won’t look at either your ass or your lovely breastages.

::: crosses fingers:::
I won’t. I Promise.
OW! Stop hitting me.

Shouldn’t that be 24/6? see you in church.

NOT.

Nope, I’ve never been in a Hooters and I never intend to. And here’s why: I was a waitress. Then Hooters came along. Up until then most people going into a family restaurant could be shamed into behaving themselves and treating the waitresses as useful serving people rather than sex objects. But with the advent of Hooters, undiscerning people started to think that all waitresses at all family restaurants were on display and receptive to sexual overtures. It did not make it more fun to be a waitress.

As for its being a family restaurant, yes I know that that is the image they like to convey. If you’re cool with your impressionable preschool-aged daughter or son absorbing the lesson that young women ought to be attractive, subservient, and open to sexual overtures, that’s your business and I wouldn’t dream of interfering with your parenting. I am also heartened to see so many people in our generally germ-phobic society who don’t mind long hairs in their food as long as they fell off the head of an attractive young lady.

DiosaBellisima’s use of the phrase male-oriented restaurant made me cringe. Do we have female-oriented restaurants? Because maybe I could get on board with all this if I could go out and eat steaks served to me by college-age men with washboard abs and soulful eyes who pretend they’re flattered by a middle-aged woman coming on to them. Oh come on, I’ll give you a bigger tip, honey.

But I digress. My feelings about Hooters have nothing to do with the subject at hand. I reiterate my original point that if Hooters wants to donate money to the animal shelter they may quietly do so. What the official mentioned to the op objects to is the good name of the animal shelter being used to promote a for-profit business that in the eyes of many is a blight on America.

To preempt the expected comments: no, this is not the biggest issue I have to worry about.

You got any evidence whatsoever that there’s a connecton between the two?

There aren’t enough :rolleyes: in the world.