You are granted three magically bottomless liquor bottles. What are they?

1. Louis XIII cognac
  2. Russel’s or Woodford Reserve Bourbon
  3. Good vodka

My first would be Baluarte reposado tequila in the gold label. Next would be Macallan 18 or 25 year old. Finally I’d probably take Elijah Craig 12-Year-Old. I think I could live with just that, though it would mean I’d start drinking again which would be a bad thing. But I’d be drinking really, really good stuff anyway. :wink:

(I’d also need an endless box of cigars to go with the above)

Glenfiddich 15
Macallan 30
Everclear (Because a swimming pool bonfire would be awesome, yo)

1. Grand Marnier
  2. Cointreau
  3. Drambuie

Actually, as a gamer, my mind went to “does it work if stolen?” if so, I will let others get theirs and come take them at some point! Further, as a gamer, does the wrapping renew? Infinite supply of Crown Royal bags? I’m there! Although, I suppose that would make them less valuable as I give them to all my gaming friends!

Unfortunately, I don’t know names of the alcohols, so Patron, which I happen to know, a good whiskey and a good rum.

Good question! Thanks!

vislor

I’ve become a huge fan a few local Chicago products:

1. Leatherbee gin - the Vernal Edition in particular is amazing, but their standard editon is quite fine.

2. Koval 4 grain whiskey is amazing.

Both of those are small company Chicago area products.

And then a tough toss-up … a more traditional Islay Scotch, yes, some mature Laphroaigh, is very tempting … but probably for the variety, if it has to just be three:

1. A good Mezcal like a Del Maguey Chichicapa.

Bombay Sapphire gin
Cruzan rum
A scotch of my husband’s choice–he is always switching his “favorite”

Hmmm, a friend fed mrAru and I a seriously fantastic sipping rum at his bar in Key West, so I would have to go with that [unfortunately I can’t remember the name of it, I will have to find out but we probably can’t afford to buy any:(]

We both like potato vodka, but we would have to audition the different ones to find the best one. I know we have had Chopin and Grand Teton and it is a draw between the two right now.

Hm, torn between Drambuie, Irish Mist or Godiva. I could go for any of the three as they are all good for coffee and milkshake drinks.

Hmmm, I’m more of a wine drinker, but I do like the stronger stuff for making mixed drinks…

1. Smirnoff 100 proof vodka - I like to sometimes add a shot of it to a diet soda/juice in the evening
  2. Cointreau - great for sidecars and cosmopolitans
  3. Bombay Gin - for martinis and gin & tonic
  1. Lagavulin 16
  2. Pappy van Winkle 20
  3. The family-made mezcal that the bartender at a local Mexican restaurant shared with us (his only two customers) last summer.

Around the same time, another friend’s brother-in-law brought some moonshine he’d made in rural Georgia to town. Lord, but it was good. I considered adding that, but quickly came to the conclusion that it would kill me.

[ol]
[li]Chivas 18 year old scotch (hey, I like it)[/li][li]Belvedere vodka (same rationale)[/li][li]Tequila (brand I had a shot of recently that was $30 a shot. Starts with an “F”?)[/li][/ol]

1. Sailor Jerry
  2. Bulleit Bourbon
  3. Monopolowa Vodka

I really should replace the vodka with gin, but vodka is more flexible.

Dewar’s.

How do single malts work? Does the character of the whiskey change a bit over time, or is it just a representative batch? I’d go for Bushmills 10 year as one of my choices, but only if it was from five or six years ago, at least. Picked up a bottle last year and it was kind of disappointing.

[ol]
[li]Booker’s Bourbon[/li][li]Bushmills 16 (Ahh, make it 21 since it’s free and magical.)[/li][li]Grand Marnier Cuvée Spéciale Cent Cinquantenaire [/li][/ol]

1. Rum (any of several will do – let’s go with Flor de Caña 12 yr)
  2. Mezcal (some leathery reposado from the edges of Oaxaca’s central valleys)
  3. Bourbon (I’ll let our Upland South experts pick it for me)

For mixed drinks, any vodka gets honorable mention, but the above three are great straight.

I like relatively cheap drinks so I’d have to choose ones that my husband would drink.

Glenrothes 1985
Port Ellen 1980 16yr old
Macallan 1928 50yr old

The first one he finished the bottle and the remaining bottles all seem to be in the UK. Cost of the scotch + shipping means he’s not getting another bottle soon.

The second he is saving the last couple ozs. I’m not sure what the occasion will be but the bottle is barely hanging on.

The third is his “buy when we win the lottery” selection. I think he touched the outside of a bottle once :slight_smile:

Absolute Vodka
Cutty Sark
Automobile-grade ethanol :smiley:

I only need one: Jack Daniel’s.

Whiskey doesn’t change once it’s in the bottle. There’s no guarantee that a bottle of Macallan 18 bottled in 1980 tastes exactly the same as one bottled in 2010, but it’ll be pretty close.

Oh, I know that. I was asking with respect to the OP’s magical endless bottle rules. If I wanted single malts in my big three, would I get one batch or would it change over time to reflect the most recent batch? If I didn’t specify a batch, what would I end up with?