You are granted three magically bottomless liquor bottles. What are they?

It won’t change over time.

Uuhgh… grappa. <Shudder>

1. Copper Fox Rye, not that rare or expensive, but IMHO the best rye out there for Manhattans.
  2. Hendrick’s Gin
  3. Oban, 18 y.o.
  1. Either The Macallan Cask Strength (if I consider the wishes of my wife) or Highland Park 20
  2. Pappy 20
  3. Whichever one I didn’t choose for #1

[ol]
[li]Capt. Morgan Private Stock rum[/li][li]Ketel One vodka[/li][li]Gentleman Jack whiskey[/li][/ol]Now I’m set for life.

Gotta put Louis XIII cognac at the top of any list like this. It seems as if at least two previous posters agree with me.

As for Scotch, 25-year-old Bowmore is the one I enjoyed (and savoured) the most. So, it’s number two.

But no list of good booze (especially one of bottomless bottles) can be complete without the Macallan 30-year-old.

1. Midleton 26 Year Old Pure Pot Still
  2. Some type of Balvenie, I’m not picky
  3. Maker’s Mark probably.

I’m not very imaginative. I’d be dead in a year if I had even one bottomless bottle.

1. Fernet-Branca, this is my favorite thing on the planet

2. Louis VIII cognac (like cognac and it sounds delish)

3. The Macallan Fine and Rare 1926. if you are going to do do it might as well swing for the bleachers.

Capt

1. Pisco - Torontel or Albilla, Mosto Verde, 4 Gallos.

2. Rum - Añejo Reserva - Brugal

3. Whisky - Johnnie Walker Blue (I don’t like whiskey, but I’ve got friends)

1. White rum. Probably Havana Club (the Cuban kind), or barring that, Mt. Gay Eclipse Silver.

2. Gin. Leopold Bros. Navy Strength.

3. Whiskey. Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve or Elijah Craig 18 yr.

A bottle of Powers Irish whiskey. Just plain Powers, no single-malt or extra-aged or anything, just plain Irish whiskey.

A bottle of Laphroig 15-year old. Lovely.

A bottle of gin. Nothing fancy, Gordon’s will do just fine.

That should pretty much cover it for me.

Kahlua
Amaretto
*ummmmmmmm *- dunno what else. I don’t drink much.

http://michaelvenske.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

Liquor, not liqueur. Neither are 35% alcohol.

Glenlivet
Los Azulejos tequila
One of the Yahara Bay bourbons for whiskey-sours

I like the cut of your jib.

1. Herradura Anejo
  2. Glenfiddich 18
  3. This 30 a shot scotch that this bartender in Rochester gave me right before I moved. He told me I would never forget it, but alas, I have forgotten the name. I was already buzzed when he broke it out, so I may be an unreliable narrator, but I swear, I remember it as the nectar of the Gods, dancing on my tongue like a prima ballerina.

Kayaker, what is it about us and forgetting 30 dollar scotch shots? Maybe they put something in it to make us forget!!!

Bombay Sapphire
El Tesoro de Don Felipe reposado tequila

…and the third one would either be Maker’s Mark bourbon if I’m thinking more about myself, or Stolichnaya vodka if this is more about friends

Really? 3 bottomless liquor bottles, and you’d pick Jack Daniels? Out of all the bourbons and Tennessee whiskies out there, that’s the one you’d pick if price is no object?

That’s akin to someone offering you unlimited lifetime hamburgers from anywhere, and choosing McDonald’s Quarter Pounders.

1. Canadian Club Reserve
  2. Stolichnaya
  3. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum

I thought about going high-end, but ultimately these are what I drink, not because they’re affordable, but because it’s what I like.

Perhaps they want to cook. Jack Daniels makes some excellent sauces and marinades.

Even if not, Jack may be inexpensive, sure, but it’s a strange and beautiful thing. The world is richer for its existence. Not quite like McDonald’s.

Still, do you have any recommendations for Tennessee whiskies? Always good to expand one’s horizons.

If someone really loves the taste of Quarter Pounders over all other burgers, then it makes perfect sense. Thelma’s answer I understand. I don’t understand posters who are saying, “It doesn’t have to be the best, I’ll just take…” If they mean that the ‘best’ is the best in their own opinion, I can’t understand not going with that.