You know you're getting old(er) when

I often see criminal case files and, looking at the DOB of a defendant, can remember very clearly what I was doing the year he or she was born.

My dad said it was a sobering moment when he first voted for someone for President who was younger than him. I don’t think I’ve done it yet, but the election can’t be too far distant when I do.

I mentioned Robert Redford once and my eldest son (born in 1996) asked, “Who’s Robert Redford?” My wife and I stared at him, dumbstruck. We discussed it with him and realized he has seen Redford in movies like All the President’s Men; he just didn’t remember the name. But still!

Redford was in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Endgame, so those might have worked.

Yeah, this one really hits hard! :frowning:

Good point, yes, although at the time those movies hadn’t come out yet.

So your feeling of getting old is itself old?

It’s even more depressing to think that a great many of the actors in them passed away long ago. :frowning:

Deleted

A fate that gets us all, sooner or later.

Well, now that you mention it…

Never try to find an old love on the Internet. Just let it go.

I did a search a few years back. She’s now 62 and has had three children, but I remember her as she was at 16.

Ain’t nothin’ can make you feel any older than that!

I got this from an old (but not that old) comic strip:
“My phone was in my pocket and I thought I was getting a call but it was just my leg vibrating”

I don’t know if everyone’s legs started vibrating when they get old, but mine did.

You realize that you have obtained wisdom over your long life, but the younger generations aren’t interested in it.

I became invisible to young ladies quite some time go so they don’t call me anything.

A friend said that whenever he notices how pretty a young woman is, he tells himself “Relax, she’s too young for you.” Then thinks “Hmmm, wonder if her mother’s available?”

I’m older than him, so I told him that wouldn’t work for me…
their mothers are too young for me.

Be grateful for that. If you did become visible, it’d be because they think you’re a creep.

I’m not sure I get this one. What else is it, other than an exciting, action packed sci-fi adventure, with a bunch of sequels, prequels and spin-offs?

I’d argue that’s more a youthful outlook; most oldsters are busy shaking their fists and complaining that modern music “isn’t real music”, whether it’s heavy metal in the 80s and 90s, or rap-influenced music in every decade since the 1980s. And they’re usually mired in past decades in their own musical choices.

This one I really don’t get. I mean, my mental vision is that some neckbearded dork is performing a detailed analysis and critique of “Thundarr the Barbarian” or the “Super Friends”, and it’s making me chuckle a bit.

I actually had something similar happen to me; I saw a dorky-ass teenager/young man and a really good looking woman- tight jeans, good hair, etc… walking together in a store and though “Wow, she’s hot. Why’s she with that doofus?” until I got closer and realized she was his mother.

Instantly felt about 40 years older right then.

A two hour long youtube video analyzing What’s Opera, Doc?. And others spending two hours watching the video!

Speaking of YouTube…

I’m starting to think that not wanting to sit through some hyperactive doofus blathering for 15 minutes reviewing something and just wanting a review article with a summary paragraph must mark me as old.

Almost every time I google " reviews", the first third of the search results is YouTube videos talking about it. And I almost always skip them, because I don’t have the time or inclination to wait through someone’s video review, when there are probably much faster and more concise reviews that are text/photos.

Most people eventually outgrow the idea that they have attained wisdom. Give it time, kid.

When you start enjoying the music playing in grocery stores.

When you start getting mailers from cemeteries.

When you don’t have to ask to get a senior discount.

Undoubtedly and TBF, I wouldn’t blame them. Still makes me a bit sad.

I’m just an old dog on the porch raising his head when the mailman goes by, then lowering it again.