You might be an Okie if...

Mathis Brothers Furniture will be selling living room suites to the Evil Coackroach Overlords. Those guys are really starting to creep me out. I mean, more than usual. I’ve lived here in OK for 17 years and they haven’t aged a day and they’re all tan and I think those smiles are surgically done.

Goldie’s are still around, thank gods. We have one in Stillwater.

Don’t know about the rest of them.

And Braum’s sounds like a good idea for burgers tonight, now that you it.

How horrible to admit that after reading that…I AM AN OKIE! I tried to deny it, I wasn’t raised in Oklahoma. I’ve lived there off and on all my life but being born there with native Okies as parents ruins you somehow I guess. I’ve actually ordered chicken fried chicken a few times, I like it. I’ve giggled over newscasters trying to pronounce Okmulgee. Oh the shame!

Steak Sandwich Supreme.
Yum
and of course

Braums

triple yum

Argh.

I live 15 minutes outside of Miami. On I-44, 2 miles before the Miami exit, they put up an annoying little commercial-type sign that spells out the pronunciation for you. Below “Welcome to Miami!” they actually printed “My…am…uhhh…”

How appropriate. The first thing one should be prepared for upon entering Miami is the slackjawed “uhhhh…”

There’s a Big Ed’s in the strip mall on 122[sup]nd[/sup] and Penn. Those big friggin’ burgers still exist.

For anyone who doesn’t know about the tasty deliciousness of Braums, let me give you an idea.

I grew up in a town out in the panhandle of Oklahoma called Shattuck. There is a corporate farm that employs a large number of the people of Shattuck. The farm is owned by Braums. The farm grows and cubes alfalfa so that it has a quality food product for the cattle that braums owns, to produce a better quality milk, to produce their tasty and delicious ice cream and milk.

The have a pretty good website for explaining it all.

E3

Oh boy, Johnnie’s. I don’t care if it doesn’t have plates or not, that sauce was real good.

My ex is from Oklahoma. Before I met him, I didn’t know that the word “dog” could be pronounced in three syllables.

Yay!! An Oklahoma thread!!!

It’s true…all true.