Your Favorite Futurama Moment

Oh, I remembered another!

“One Zero Zero One One Zero One One… One Zero Zero One…Two…”

Grunka-lunka
dunkity-gredient
please don’t ask about the
Secret ingredient!

I love those guys.

[QUOTE=shizaru]
The Grunka lunka song:

  • Asking questions in school is good way to learn
    If you try that stuff here you might get your legs broke
    We once found a body face down in the slurm
    It could easily happen again to you folks
    So keep your head down and keep your mouth shut
    Grunka lunka, lunka dunkitty dut!" *
    [/QUOTE]

Professor Farnsworth: “Tell them I hate them!”

[QUOTE=sandra_nz]
Oh, I remembered another!

“One Zero Zero One One Zero One One… One Zero Zero One…Two…”
[/QUOTE]

That’s another favourite line of mine…

Bender: I had the worst nightmare ever. Zeros and ones everywhere… I think I saw a two!
Fry: It’s okay Bender, there’s no such thing as two.

(quoting from memory, not exact)

Bender, to a distraut Leela: BWA-HAHAHAHA – oh, gosh, you’re really upset? Here, let me laugh harder –

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[QUOTE=Surbey]
I love all of the professors useless/overly complicated inventions. They are just wonderful.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, sure, everyone wants to save Hitler’s brain, but when you put it in the body of a shark, suddenly you’ve gone too far.

The best episode is surely Time Keeps on Slipping, and the greatest lines haven’t even been mentioned yet.
Bubblegum Tate: Nothing. There’s nothing at stake and no threat, beyond the shame of defeat!
Farnsworth: This will not stand! I’ll take you on, you air-balling bozos.
Tate: You, old man? Sweet Clyde, laugh derisively at him.
Sweet Clyde: Heh heh. Heh heh heh.
Farnsworth: Not a moment too soon. While you were gone the Bubblegum Tate held a press conference to announce that I was a jive sucker.
Leela: I don’t know what you did, Fry, but once again you screwed up. Now all the planets are gonna start cracking wise about our mamas.

My favorite “Good News” moment:

In Deep South, when the Professor offers Fry a large pill…

Farnsworth: “This is a chance for Fry to test out my experimental anti-pressure pill.”
Fry: “I can’t swallow that!”
Farnsworth: “Well then, good news! It’s a suppository.”

Another Deep south moment. Zoidberg discovers his (underwater) house has burnt down.

Zoidberg: How could this have happened?
Hermes: That’s a very good question.
Bender (Picks up smoking cigar butt) : Ah, so that’s where I left my cigar.
Hermes : That just creates more questions.
From the pilot :
Bender: From now on, I’m going to beng **what **I want, **when **I want, **who **I want.

From A Head in the Polls: The sign outside the building where Richard Nixon and Jack Johnson/John Jackson are having their debates reads “Tonight: Presidential Debate. Tomorrow Night: Vice Presidential Yo’ Momma So Fat contest.”

In the episode where the Holoshed comes to life and Evil Lincoln, Jack the Ripper, and Atilla the Hun are rampaging throughout the Nimbus, Zapp tries shooting them with a laser gun.

Atilla the Hun: No shoot firestick in space canoe! Cause explosive decompression!
Zapp: Spare me your space-age technobabble, Atilla the Hun!

Also from the same episode, it’s worth it to pause it to read the activities that Amy has on her schedule before she sets it to Mommy-mode.

This is kind of odd, but does anyone else get creeped out by Roberto? It’s his voice. And the stabbing motions.

[QUOTE=Arien]
This is kind of odd, but does anyone else get creeped out by Roberto? It’s his voice. And the stabbing motions.
[/QUOTE]

Which reminds me of another favorite occasional character of mine: Malfunctioning Eddie, the used car salesbot.

Nurse: Now, don’t say anything to surprise him. (leaves)
Eddie: Nice to meet you.
Fry: Actually, we’ve met before.
Eddie: WHAT?!?!!?!? (head explodes)

And when Amy went to buy her car and offered more than the sticker price. I loved how the salesman (seen through the window in the background) runs into Eddie’s office, they join hands and jump twice with glee, then the salesman returns. “He’s not too happy.”

Leela: I was just curious because of the armed guards.
Grunka-Lunkas: Grunka-lunka dunkity darmedguards…
Bender: SHUT THE HELL UP!

[QUOTE=JacksonRoykirk]
“Jurassic Bark” was on Adult Swim again. I promised myself I wasn’t going to sit through it again. The only damn thing that makes me cry to watch. Me, a crusty 49 year old, too damn old for cartoons. So naturally I had to TiVo it. Then I watched the ending over and over from when Fry said, “He forgot me a long, long time ago.” Listening to the song and watching Seymour waitiing in vain in front of the pizzeria. Damn show, manipulating my emotions. Of course our dogs never forget us. The shortest separation seems like an eternity to them. Then I erased it. Until the next time it’s on. Then I’ll promise myself again I’m not gonna watch it. And set my TiVo again. That’s one damn powerful episode and I can’t break its grip on me.

Damn.
[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I actually keep this episode on my DVR and watch it when I just feel like having a good cry. It’s so heartbreaking, and, as you said, incredibly powerful.

“Luck of the Fryrish” gets to me quite a bit too, as does the end of “Leela’s Homeworld”, with the montage of Leela’s parents secretly taking care of her as she was growing up.

It’s really just a great show.

I don’t find the last episode of Futurama to be the funniest, but it’s definitely one of the best written. My favorite part is near the end of the episode, after Fry had traded his hands with the robot devil in order to paint a holophoner symphony for Leela and is now performing his piece in front of an enthralled audience. Amazingly clever. Almost jaw-dropping.

The scenes in question.

From “War Is The H-Word,” Bender’s top 10 most frequently uttered words:

10. “Chump”
9. “Chumpette”
8. “Yours”
7. “Up”
6. “Pimpmobile”
5. “Bite”
4. “My”
3. “Shiny”
2. “Daffodil”
1. “Ass”

Each one of those words was uttered by Bender at least once in the episode.

And the follow-on to that is when they change the bomb to explode with the word that Bender says the least.

Of course Bender starts going through (un)likely words.

My favorite: Antiquing?

[QUOTE=Arien]
This is kind of odd, but does anyone else get creeped out by Roberto? It’s his voice. And the stabbing motions.
[/QUOTE]

And the fact that he looks like a hammerhead shark.
I have to practice my stabbin’!

[QUOTE=Pushkin]
the Egyptian-esque aliens describe how they came to Earth to learn pyramid building and space travel from the Egyptians :stuck_out_tongue:
[/QUOTE]

“. . . and how to prepare our dead so as to frighten Abbot and Costello.”

Fry: He he, also Wolfman!

Bender is standing next to the head of Lt. Sulu and Sulu says:
“Doesn’t this thing have an auto-destruct code or something? Like One-Alpha, 2-Beta, C” and Benders head explodes.
First time I saw that one I didn’t see that coming and blew my soda out on the coffee table!

Any time any one of them says “Let me ax you a question”, I laugh out loud.