[QUOTE=gredbioz]
Leela: Somebody ought to teach you a lesson, Zap!
Zap: Is it a lesson in love? Because if so, I have a very sexy learning disability. What do I call it, Kif?
Kif: (groan) SEX-LEXIA.
[/QUOTE]
There’s one segment with Kipf and Zap Brannigan that always cracks me up. The scene opens with Brannigan sitting in a chair saying, " . . . . and that’s why you’ll never make captian, Kipf." It’s funnier to imagine the lecture which must have proceeded it.
Amy Wong: You’re going to Nigel 7? Kif’s on patrol near there, you could drop me off on the way!
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: We could but we won’t. It’s a spaceship damn it! Not a prom limousine!
[angry]Ooooooooooooooh!!
If anyone needs me I’ll be in the Angry Dome!
When the ship goes back to the 1940s and they find Fry’s grandfather, Fry and Bender are trying to protect him. They take him to an isolated cabin and lock him up. As they are driving away the cabin gets nuked.
Bender (to Fry): And you are outta here!
In the garbage meteor episode the crew is watching to see if their garbage rocket will hit the incoming meteor. Time slows down and we hear the heartbeats of different crewmembers. When they get to Bender it’s a drum solo riff.
My memory of the context is vague on this one, but Nixon’s head was throwing a robot party(?) that was actually a trap(?). He gets up and does a quick little “Who’s ready to party with Nixon?”
The robots go wild. Nixon’s head says, “Great! I’ll…be right back. …Okay, headless body of Agnew, let’s blow this joint!”
And a besuited body leaps up, grabs Nixon’s head, growls, and runs for a waiting helicopter.
I was watching it with friends, and I fell off the sofa, I was laughing so hard.
I just watched Jurassic Bark and it about made me cry. That’s a terrible touching story. I don’t know what it is about faithful dogs but it gets me every time.
I like how the coolometer, a device measuring coolness, is measured in increments of metric Fonzies. Hermes and Fonsworth’s sons measure over “40 Mega-Fonzies”
For me, it has to be the episode “Put Your Head on My Shoulders”, where I unexpectedly heard the song “Moons of Jupiter” from one of my favorite obscure bands, Scruffy the Cat. I’m hoping that means I share some sort of musical taste with the writers…
From the episode in which Lurr, ruler of Omicron Persei IIX, wants to grind up various bits of Fry’s anatomy to use as an aphrodesiac:
Lurr: This Jamaican jerked chicken is delicious. Perhaps I shall have the human’s lower horn jerked, as well.
Bender: <off-screen> Wouldn’t be the first time! Woo!
Same episode:
Ranger: I’m Ranger Park, the park ranger.
Fry: I get it!
I use “I get it!” all the time when someone tells a really obvious, easy joke. Nobody ever gets it.
I like the one where Fry is abducted by aliens and they take his nose. The aliens later want Fry’s ‘lower horn’. Fry and Bender have some hysterical throwaway lines talking about the lower horn.
Lrrr: “Interesting. The trousers conceal a tiny secondary horn.”
Fry: “Hey, what’ve you heard?”
Lrrr: “Guards, seize him! Prepare to harvest the lower horn.”
Leela: “You two have deep relationship problems that can’t be solved by an aphrodesiac.”
Fry: “However huge it might be.”
Lrrr: “Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I’ll have Fry’s lower horn jerked.”
Bender: “It’s used to it! Woooo!”
Lrrr: “This human’s lower horn is one of God’s creatures. A living thing. And all living things, large and small-”
Bender: “In this case, small! Woooo!”
Lrrr: “- have dignity and a spark of the divine.”
Leela: “Well, Fry, it looks like you get to hold on to your lower horn.”
Bender: “As usual! Woooo!”
[QUOTE=Marley23]
“Quantum finish” is one of my favorite Futurama geek jokes, but that’s just because I get it. I know for a fact that Futurama did other jokes that were so geeky, I didn’t even know they were jokes. And there’s absolutely no way that most of their geeky viewers would have gotten them. The multiple references to the number 1729, for example.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=MacTech]
from The Problem with Popplers;
<Lrrr> I think there was something funny in that hippie… People of Earth, I’ve learned something today, i’ve learned that…whoa, dude, my hands are HUGE!…and they can touch anything but themselves…oh…
[/QUOTE]
Also, when he’s negotiating with Zap, “Will you stop eating our children ?!”, while Zap munches away.
[QUOTE=Kayeby]
From Fear of a Bot Planet when Fry and Leela are trying to infiltrate the robot city and the guard robots are trying to figure out whether they are human:
Guard Robot #1: Administer the test. Guard Robot #2: Which of the following would you most prefer?
A) A puppy
B) A pretty flower from your sweetie or
C) A large properly formatted data file? Guard Robot #1: CHOOSE!
(Fry and Leela confer) Fry: Is the puppy mechanical in any way? Guard Robot #2: No. It is the bad kind of puppy. Leela: Then we’ll go with that data file. Guard Robot #2: Correct. Guard Robot #1: The flower would also have been acceptable.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that one is awesome! Hahaha. I laughed out loud remembering.
My favorite moment:
Announcer: And the winner is…
<hypnotoad stares at him>
Announcer (in robotic voice): The hypnotoad. All glory to the hypnotoad.
<hypnotoad stares at the crowd and does his thing>
Crowd (in a perfectly synchronized manner): Clap - Clap - Clap - Clap
From the Deep South episode; Fry: “You know what I like best about you, Umbriel? You find me fascinating even when I’m not claiming to be a jewel thief or a lion tamer.” Umbriel: “Lions? There are sea lions on the land?” Fry: “Yep. We call them land sea lions. I tame them.”
From I, Roommate; Farnsworth: (on phone) Oh, how awful. Did he at least die painlessly? To shreds, you say. Well, how is his wife holding up? To shreds, you say.
From The Why of Fry: Nibblonian leader: Does he not know? Nibbler: He does not know. Nibblonian: He knows not? Nibbler: Knows not does he. Nibblonian: Not he knows? Leader: Enough!
I like that Futurama can make such emotional episodes, like Jurassic Bark and Luck of the Fryish, and some that are full of geeky references (even if I don’t get them), but I really like that some of the jokes they make are very blatant and easy jokes. They’re especially funny when you listen to the commentary and you hear how much fun they have working on the show and how fun they all actually seem.