Your favorite sandwich(s)

Tuna salad is my go-to, but I prefer tuna melts.

Also…no grilled cheese? I suppose I could’ve clicked “other,” but I didn’t.

Holy fuck I am so hungry now.

Never had a Choripan or even heard of it,but it sounds delish,I know whats for lunch tomorrow.

Huh–for years I was mystified by their appeal, until this past summer when I tried making them with tomatoes from our garden, coupled with some really good bacon, and they damn near brought tears to my eyes. I voted for BLT, but only because I finally had some that weren’t fucked up with a subpar tomato or mediocre bacon.

A good Banh mi is a thing of beauty, and a club is pretty easy to make taste delicious, and a good burger is bliss, so those were my other votes.

California Club! Avocados make everything better.

Favorites in this order:
Burger
Turkey with dressing, cranberries
Meatloaf
Bacon, tomato, red onion, smoked salmon, cream cheese on a bagel
Peanut butter and mayonnaise on white bread

Muffaletta, baby!

All of the above?

#1: Hamburger, if that also includes Cheeseburger, as the cheese is simply a must.

#2: Sloppy Joe, if it’s a proper Sloppy Joe, and not the sandwich people seem to think is a Sloppy Joe here in New Jersey, which is more akin to some sort of horribly misguided Reuben.

And 3-5, though I like them all equally, so I can’t rank them in any particular order, would be BLT, Ham and Cheese, and Meatball.

I voted other, thinking of the long lost and lamented Veggie Power Sandwich of my youth. Reading other posts reminded me of some great tuna I have had in tiny italian delis - anyone have a recipe for something like that?

cheesesteak, gyro, pbj and burger.

Alas, no cheeseburger, grilled cheese, baloney or liverwurst . . . or my favorite, cream cheese and tomato (with a paper-thin slice of onion).

No cucumber & watercress sandwiches? What do you people eat at high tea?

Oh man am I jonesing for a banh mi now!

No Chicken Parm? Madness!

I forgot my lunch Monday. I might have gone to Subway since I have loads of work to do and it’s right on the corner, but on a whim I walked down to Pike Place Market and decided I’d get a sausage from Uli’s. As I was selecting sausages to take home, needscoffee walked up and handed me a bahn mi! :smiley:

Suffice it to say that we are going to have to agree to disagree on this point.

I’ve told this before. I went to the Edwards AFB NCO club for lunch one day (in the '80s) and ordered a cheeseburger with avocado. The woman at the counter said, ‘You’re from California, aren’t you?’ I told her I am, and asked how she knew. She said, ‘Only Californians put avocados on their sandwiches.’

The worst Subway sandwich is always better than any sandwich I try to put together myself. No matter what the ingredients, they are always just OK, never really good. Bread is stale. Stuff falls out. Too…dry. Can’t go wrong with Swiss cheese, sliced tomato, and hot mustard on marble rye, grilled on each side in a little butter, dill pickle on the side. Nom! In Cape Cod I had something similar, three kinds of cheese, hot peppers, and sprouts on a grilled pita bread, thrown together by a very busy, harrassed worker, and it was perfection.

Poor lonely Bun Kabab. It’s basically just a spicy burger/chicken sandwich if you’ve never had one.

And in case no one knows what a Choripan is, it’s a chorizo sandwich.

The Reuben’s sister sandwich, the Rachel, is my fav. Rye, roasted turkey, coleslaw, swiss chesse, and Russian dressing, then grilled. Mmmmmm!