Your favorite sandwich(s)

Turkey sandwiches, especially when it’s from a home-roasted turkey.

Also anything from a real Kosher deli, of which there are fewer and fewer.

LOL me too =)

I prefer German style, with shredded cabbage instead of lettuce.

If not available, in no particular order grilled cheese, BLT, or right after thanksgiving rye with turkey, stuffing, cranberry jelly. The BLT or grilled cheese has to have cream of tomato soup with it.

I voted for Roast Beef, but it doesn’t say hot or cold. I like cold Roast Beef with swiss cheese and tomato with mayo.
I don’t see Braunschweiger or Liverwurst on your list. I like it with raw onion and mayo. It’s funny but I hate regular liver and onions.

The first one that came to mind was the banh mi. I voted for a bunch of stuff, but banh mi and a proper pulled pork sandwich (not from the crockpot or braised in the oven, but actually smoked) is perfection itself, too.

Cheesesteak (provolone) with pizza sauce and onions. Not picky about which Cheesesteak joint comes from, so long as it’s somewhere near Philadelphia and the roll is right.

It’s been years. :frowning:

Not only is a BLT a good sandwich it is the most consistent when ordered in any restaurant. It is my go-to order when in doubt of the cuisine.

Great list, DCnDC! I saw a sandwich identification quiz on Sporcle.com a month or so ago, and it looks much like this.

Yes, I feel one of the major pluses of the BLT is it’s near impossible to fuck up (though I’ve visited a few places that came damn close).

Thanks but I’m still regretting the omission of the grilled cheese. I can’t imagine it not being a top vote-getter. It was on the list I wrote out before typing this into the poll, but somehow I skipped over it.:smack:

Agree that the BLT is the perfect sandwich.

It was good to see mention of the meatloaf sandwich.

Muffuletta deserves a shout out.

I’ll have a fried egg sandwich at home every few months.

I picked three:
1.) Roast Beef
2.) Ham
3.) Tuna Salad

I haven’t heard of quite a few of the items on the list, however…

There’s no way I can choose. I’m a sandwich whore.

I voted BLT, but what I really mean is the Ultimate BLT, which is a BLT with a fried egg on some type of a crusty bread.

Like this.

You already noticed your omission of Grilled Cheese, so I won’t castigate you for that.

I note you listed ‘tuna salad sandwich’, but not ‘tuna sandwich’. Where I come from, there’s a difference. A tuna sandwich consists of a mixture of tuna and mayonnaise between two slices of bread. A tuna salad sandwich adds pickles, relish, etc. to the tuna.

Tuna sandwiches are a favorite in our house; tuna salad sandwiches are not allowed.

A nice MLT: a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe.

They’re so perky. I love that!

I once got mustard on a BLT - virtually inedible ( I await the screams of dismay from those insisting that mustard must always go on BLTs :wink: ). I love mustard, but for some reason mustard on a BLT strikes me as a sin. Overpowered the bacon, which should be the dominant note.

The fact that this has so rarely happened to me, seems to indicate that most may agree.

Of the choices listed, I voted for the trusty hamburger, a noble sandwich of fine character. My favorite sandwich, though, is the Brooklyn Bridge from Macado’s, the best of their lineup of more sandwiches than you can shake a stick at.

Rare roast beef, turkey, ham, and swiss cheese, served hot on a big, crusty French roll. Mmm. I know what I’m having for dinner tonight.

Were we able to vote for more than one? Because I checked the boxes for a bunch including egg salad, club, patty melt, bacon sandwich, fluffernutter, and croque monsieur (though I prefer the croque madame with egg oozing down over the top). The list included mostly sandwiches I love, a few I merely like, and only one or two I’ve never eaten. I love sandwiches!

The Kentucky hot brown deserves a mention, and its distant relative the open faced roast beef with gravy. Which reminds me of the Thanksgiving night sandwich featuring turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. Hell, any sandwich with gravy. I make a fab sausage sub with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese–no sauce (or gravy ;)), just some mayo and mustard.

What? I can’t pick a bean beef & cheese burrito?

I voted for five - cuban, cheesesteak, patty melt, gyro and french dip. I’m not sure I could choose just one - a french dip at Phillippe’s or a cheesesteak at Gino’s? Or a good cuban from any number of places?