Your first true love

The lovely Ms. HAT. I may not have known what I was talking about when I told her I loved her, but I meant it with every fiber of my being. She was 16, I was 17, it lasted less than a year, but she truly changed my life like few others ever have, before or since. I don’t miss her, barely even think of her, but will always be grateful to her for showing me something I never believed was possible: that I could not only love, but be loved in return. It was an eye-opener, and the world has been very different since.

Steve. We were both in the Army, stationed at the Presidio of Monterey. He introduced me to Reuben sandwiches and Tom Lehrer. Less than a year after meeting we got married. Not quite 4-1/2 years later we divorced. :frowning:

Mary Anne. She and I discovered the joy of sex together. Our love burned with the heat of a thousand suns.

She and her family were killed by a drunk driver.

Oh man. I’m so sorry.

Wow, Clothahump. That’s beautiful. And horrifically ugly.

Penela Sue Griebel – yes, that was her real name. She was a sophomore, I was a senior, I was desperately in love. When she dumped me for another boy, I lay on my bed and tried to die.

I got over it.

Of course, the only reason I signed up for classmates dot com is to see if she does.
She hasn’t.

Part 2.

Helena and myself stayed together until at age 18 I enlisted in HM Forces. I wasn’t called up but I figured as my country had looked after me since birth it was only fair that I repaid her in some way. Sex incidentally was still the undiscovered land

Anyway after basic training I was transferred to the RAF to be trained as a Special Operator and it was here that I met Alice.

By the cringe she was a fine buxom wench and no mistake…I thought she was deformed at one point but no, those lumps on her chest were breasts…and what breasts they were.

So here I am, a lowly private under the spell of L/Cpl Alice Norcliffe, totally smitten was I, the world had meaning after all…even if that meaning was more or less confined to Alices upper torso for the first 2 months.

After that initial breaking in period she introduced me to the lower half and I was even more smitten, I had discovered sex at last…and I was only 19.

Bugger me, after another 2 months of unparalled delights she only gets herself transferred overseas leaving me once more contemplating suicide.

I got over her, was discharged having reached the dizzy heights of Corporal and on my 3rd day home stumbled out of a boozer straight into the arms of the lovely lady who was destined to become my wife.

Life up to that point had been a mixture of highs and lows so far as my love life was concerned…it was, however, to get much better.

Maybe I’ll tell you about it if you wish

Well, my first true love was unreciprocated, but I still remember the boy after all these years, so I’ll post it. I was 12 years old, we were doing a “getting to know you” thing in class, and I was looking for “the guy with the blue eyes”. I came upon one with his head bent over the desk, and I said, excuse me? He looked up at me with those piercing blue eyes and I felt my mouth go dry and my knees grow faint. That was the first time I had ever felt attracted to someone who wasn’t a movie star but someone I knew.

My first “real” true love was my first boyfriend. Him and I were together for only 18 months but we were head over heels for at least the first 12. I’ll probably never love with that intensity and complete loss of self again, nor would I want to.

And what a lovely name it is!

The bitch.

My first true love (on my part) was Mulder on The X-Files.

My first true love (on his part) was some silent, socially awkward kid who lurked at the back of the pool in our swimming lessons and had some sort of creepy fixation on me. I remember getting splashed by and chased around the deck by him a couple of times, and mostly getting stared at. A lot.

This probably tells you a lot about me now.

First? Probably Forrest Maiselles - when I was in Jr. High. But that was Jr. High. It almost doesn’t count.

Real love? Tom Lempera. High School and after for a bit. I still dream about him and wonder “what if”…

Great. Now I’m freakin’ sad…

And now my previous post feels kind of stupid. I’m so sorry, Clothahump. offers retroactive hugs

I didn’t find true love until I was 37, and she was a border and 1200 miles away. The possibility that this could be the best thing to ever happen to us was so strong that we went for it. I emigrated from Canada and we got married when I was 39. We’ve been married for nine years. The fact that we’ve never had a fight must say a lot about how right we were.

Geez, I’ll never forget her… Terry something or the other. We were in 1st grade and she was the cutest little blonde with a button nose to boot. Our teacher, Mrs. Smith, introduced us to sex. In the school play, The Wedding of the Flowers, Terry was the bride and I was her adoring groom and in front of the entire school I got to lean over and kiss the back of her hand. Our classmates screamed aloud at the scandalous act.

My first true love was my best friend Joe, who I’d known since the 2nd grade. He had a crush on me in middle school but nothing came of it, then our sophmore year in high school (or rather, the summer before), I suddenly realized I was madly in love with him and we agreed to “go out”. For a couple weeks I was in absolute heaven, then I started getting the feeling that something was off. Kept pestering him about it but he denied there was anything wrong and insisted he loved me with all of his heart.

Eventually he dropped the bomb: he did love me, but he wasn’t in love with me because he was gay. He’d told me years before that he was bisexual and that was fine with me, because I could still be included in that equation, but now he had realized that he was definitely gay and it wasn’t fair to me to stay with me.

I wept. I screamed. I cursed. I threatened both him and myself. I tore up his pictures and smashed the jewlery he’d given me with a hammer and stabbed my bedpillows with kitchen knives and cut off all my hair (yay, high school angst!). And eventually, somehow, I got over it, though it certainly put our friendship through the wringer. Amazingly, we came out the other side closer than ever, and remained best friends all through high school and beyond. I was at he and his husband’s wedding, and he was at mine. We were always the one person that the other could turn to in times of crisis, and we still told each other at every oppourtunity how much we loved the other.

We’ve fallen out of touch since I moved away from Oregon, but we’re still friends and always will be. God I miss him.

going off to cry now

I was 17. We split up when I was 21. He then asked me to marry him. :rolleyes:

Well, he did have a Mustang, and he was a year younger than me, and we were just kids, after all.

Will! Call Grace!

Well didya, huh, huh?

Oh wait…he’s an asshole right?