Your life in a song

Ever hear a song that is clearly talking about you?

I’ve gone through several of them over the years. For a large portion of my life I felt a strong connection to Desperado, but I think I’m over it now. Lately, it’s been Gold (ripped off by the 2002 Olympics Committee for their closing ceremony, but originally written for the musical Camille Claudel).

Yes, I am weird.

Always Lift Him Up is an old song about being kind to someone who’s having a rough time of it, not kicking him when he’s down. The song’s a bit more religious than I am, but it still nails me right down.

“The Impossible Dream” from Don Quixiote’s Man of La Mancha pretty well describes my life…BTW, it is a very uplifting song.

Phil Vasser’s: Just another day in Paradise
yup that’s my family and me.
I don’t even like the song

Lately it feels like The Ballad of Dwight Frye.

Roadwalker, I know that song, that’s awesome that you chose that to be “your life in a song”! Everytime I hear that song it makes me think of growing up and having a family of my own.

If I were to choose a song about my life, it would have to be my all-time favorite song, “Good Friends, Good Whiskey, and Good Lovin’” by Hank Jr.

For some reason that I’m not quite certain of, I identify with Midnight Rider (Greg Allman?)

Aenima - Tool
man, sometimes I feel like Cali should just fall right off, and on the bright side I already know how to swim

I’ve mentioned this before: Once in a Lifetime by the Talking Heads.

A thread like this was started about a year ago, and my answer then was Life’s been Good to Me So Far.

Looking back on the year since then, I’m sticking with that answer.

‘Should Been a Cowboy.’

Every time I’m doing some unpleasant tedious bit of housework I start singing that song.

‘Mutinneer’, because he was mine.

‘Jeannie Needs a Shooter’, just the title, though.

The Dance…

The New Radicals’ “You Get What You Give.”

“You’ve got the dreamer’s disease…”

Most mornings, also, I think the Beatles’ “I’m Only Sleeping” is pretty damn accurate…if a bit less life-defining. :smiley:

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads, I have done alot in my life.

Sometimes though it is Defy You - Offspring.

Recently it’s Our House (is a very, very fine house) CSN - closing on a house.

Elvis Costello- “Everyday I Write the Book”
I’m an aspiring writer, also it sounds kinda upbeat, like me. I also have been through a relationship like the song describes.

For a long time it was Desperado. Now it seems like it is “MY Way” by Frank Sinatra.

“Once in a Lifetime”- Talking Heads

"You may ask youself
What is that beautiful house?
You may ask yourself
Where does that highway go to?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?
Am I wrong?
And you may say to yourself
My God, what have I done…
Here comes the twister
Same as it ever was/ And the days go by

I love that song. The words sound sad but it makes me laugh.

Stop killing and start walking.
boy that sounds like a song right there