a song that sums up your life

Well, maybe doesn’t ENTIRELY sum up your existence…

But the one that you relate with a la the guy from Seinfeld who zoned out whenever “Desperado” came on.

For me, it’s an obscure one, but I will go with Donald Fagen’s (off of the The Nightfly) “Walk Between the Raindrops”. It seems to suggest that true love doesn’t really exist but -hey- that’s not so bad.

My sisters life can be summed up by one song. “Oops I Did it Again” by Brittney Spears. Sad ain’t it. You got feel soory for anyone who’s life can be summed up by a gag Brittney Spears song.

As for me, the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls always summed up how I was feeling pretty well.

A couple of years ago it was I Am a Rock by Simon and Garfunkel, but I got over that.

-Willing to Fight, Ani Difranco (gad i loves 'er)

[Edited by Coldfire on 02-10-2001 at 08:56 PM]

Metal, by Gary Numan.

Though I like the NIN cover as much as the origional. I don’t know if it really sums up my life but it does demand my full attention when I listen to it.

Nobody Listens by Bad Religion

Lyrics deleted.

Moderator Notes: either you post a reasonably small exerpt of a song, or the entire lyrics with a link to a website where they are published with permission. Thanks.

Coldfire

[Edited by Coldfire on 02-10-2001 at 08:55 PM]

Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty.

It’s just SO perfect for me.

(And of course, it will probably change in 6 months, but…)

I’m Alright by JoDee Messina. I’ve recently moved back home with my parents, and I’m running into a lot of old HS friends.

Lyrics deleted. See note above.
Coldfire

[Edited by Coldfire on 02-10-2001 at 08:57 PM]

Please follow the rules, guys.

My song would be Cold Fire by Rush, surprisingly.

I can really relate to “She’s So High” by Tal Bachman.

Joni Mitchell, “A Case of You,”
http://www.jonimitchell.com/Frames1.html

I can’t get a closer link; you have to scroll halfway down and click on the “Lyrics” bar. It’s the ninth song on that page.

I don’t know why, but this song always reminds me of myself, like I’m singing it about myself. Sounds weird, I know, but I relate to the singer and the guy in the lyrics, and it breaks my heart. Joni’s voice is breathtakingly flawless anyway. I love hearing it.

Hmmm, of late it would be One is the loneliest number by Three Dog Night or Slip Sliding Away by Paul Simon.
I am lonely and nothing is under my own control it feels like. So they both fit.

My songs are by (what a surprise) The Monkees. “This Just doesnt seem to be my day”
“I guess I should have stayed in bed,
my pillow wrapped around my head
instead of waking up to find
a nightmare of a different kind
she went away (not this line though)
This just doesnt seem to be my day”

and “Love to love”
“They say you need love to love
you gotta have love to love
they all say it works that way
but if it’s true
why do I love you”

They dont always apply but when they do they hit it right on the head.

Lately, I would have to say “She’s So Cold” by the Rolling Stones.

Also, I concur on “She’s So High” by Tal Bachman. That one too, is poignant.

No, I’m not at all bitter; why do you ask?

I still gotta maintain: the theme to “Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark”

Two main movements of an adventurous dude, with a few minutes of a middle movement of Marion, the pause I take for a little love. Overall, it’s an adventure in music, which I think suits me.

Other than that, we’re getting into Dire Straits, and that’s probably too many songs to list for one main song here.
Tripler

I’m gonna have to go with the Theme to the Dick VanDyke Show. Not the one where he makes that smooth little shuffle around the ottoman, but the one where he trips and falls on his face in front of his company.

Hrm. A song for my whole LIFE? Hell, I can’t pick a song that describes my mood right NOW half the time…

After some thought, gotta go with “Marathon,” by Rush.

And as for the song lyric that sums up my life, it’s from “Prime Mover,” by Rush - “The point of a journey is not to arrive.”

Garth Brooks, The Dance.

I used to be a “catapult” by the Counting Crows:
I wanna be the knife that cuts into my hand And I wanna be scattered from here in this catapult What a big baby Wont somebody save me please? You wount find nobody home…

Feeling a tiny bit better I was able to listen to Malibu by Hole (Courtney Love)
Crash and burn All the stars explode tonight How d you get so desperate How d you stay alive Help me please Burn the sorrow from your eyes Oh, come on be alive again Dont lay down and die…
For you by Tracy Chapman pretty much sums love up for me. http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/9541/11a.html
Right now I want Hary Nillson with Coconut what can I say? I am a silly girl :smiley:

Nacho4Sarah I am just singing along to “A Case of You” by the way… hehe

"Paint Your Wagon"
“where are you going?
I ain’t certain.
When will you get there?
I don’t know.
All that I know is I am on my way”

Sigh.

Gotta go with “Dammit” by Blink 182.
Yes, it’s by a group some might call pop, but they actually are a real band with good music.
The song just seems to describe my life right now.