"'Your son has killed two kafirs. I slit their throats with a dagger'"

Are we to assume Truthseeker1 was also a casualty in this war on terror?

As always

Ah! consider me informed. (and just to say that my initial post certainly wasn’t using that tactic)

Yeah, highly unlikely that we’ll see Monty defending Mormonism.

First the Duke lacrosse players and their SUVs, and now this.

Is there any doubt that SUVs are the root of all evil?

That shows the true face of American college boys.

Well, of course not! Mormonism is fuckin’ nuts! :wink:

And no cheerful, glassy-eyed, annoyingly clean-cut Muslim missionary in short sleeves and a tie ever knocked on my door.

The first Truth Seeker ( a good poster ) I believe was a casualty of a far more insidious conflict back in 2004 - pay to post ;).

You misspelled tent.

Many people on the board agree with you.

They would phrase it as “religion is a poison for society,” though, because their agreement arises from a belief that includes almost all religion, not simply Islam. They would object to your phrasing, since it suggests an objection only to Islam.

I don’t agree with them, or you. I think Muslims are theologically in error, but not “poison,” in any meaningful way. And of course I argue that Christianity is a positive influence on the world.

I’m not familiar with the incident described. But I just took a look at the article. Does anyone know where this transcript came from? Was the attacker’s home phone being bugged, or was the jeweler’s phone set to record calls or something? Because the transcript shows the uncle starting the recording in the middle of the transcript. Who was recording the conversation up to that point? The article doesn’t say where they got the transcript – was the existence of a transcript already known and discussed in the media prior to this article?

Ah, but have you stopped masturbating to pictures of Dannie DeVito yet?

:wink:

You mean “Islamism”, not Islam. They’re two completely different things. Islam is a religion. Islamism is a political movement often accompanied by violent jihadism. I suggest that you read the book Radical, by Maajid Nawaz before you post more nonsense.

Is sugared porridge halal?

I was wondering the same thing actually… Do they have a recording device that picks up sound from 30 seconds ago, cuz that would be truly amazing!

I’m guessing that the “before” is literally accurate; the idea that the OP might educate himself instead of posting more nonsense is probably too much to hope for.

I suppose there could be some kind of recording app on a smart phone that has a 30-second buffer or something. It’s always buffering and just saves from then forward when you hit the record button, maybe? I dunno.

Thanks very much for the info. I of course had no clue about any of this until you came along. So, what practical steps are you, personally, taking to eliminate this ‘poison’ from our society? I’m only asking because if moaning about it on an anonymous message board is your sole contribution, it seems pretty weak to me. Just saying.

I couldn’t help but be impressed how articulate they both were in a time of incredible stress! If someone had a transcript of any of MY calls there would be a few words missed due to my occasional mumbling, and that’s without the adrenaline rush of having committed an unspeakable act!

Here’s a wiki on the attack. From what I gather they are saying, all the deaths were from gunshots or explosives. Maybe I don’t read so well. Maybe they got the story wrong. Maybe they just haven’t found they guys with their throats slit. Or maybe…

Dial-up and an AOL disc

"Nasir, you never listen! I asked you to go next door and take care of those hayfevered asthmatic chain-smokers who keep me up every night! I asked you to kill those two coughers! Coughers!" :smack: