Your Talents

Aw, c’mon Satan.

White Wolf

“Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.”

“Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.”

I can clap with one hand…is that a talent?
I can also drink beer on autopilot…until i fall over.

I’m with Satan. (shaddup!)

I don’t have any real talents.

Except…

Well, I wrote a story for American Literature I’m kind of proud of. You can read it here–

Click here.

I really debated whether or not to put up the link, and I’ll probably regret it.

Ooo, another chance to show off :slight_smile:

My drawings

I don’t know if this is “real art,” but I used to get my kicks drawing with Windows 3.1 paintbrush. Haven’t done it in a long time, hence the dates on some of these. One of these days I’m going to figure out how to make “real” graphics for my pages so I can stop copying them (legally) from other people’s collections. I also gotta get a scanner so I can show off my hand-drawn stuff, too :smiley:

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

I’m not a hunter, but I am a good tracker.
I also get along well with a variety of animals. This includes rabbits , cats, wild mink; & once, a cerval.

Attention C#3!The inside of your musty head is a exercise wheel;
in which two gerbils, Vanity and Credulity by
name, tussle fruitlessly over the walnut that
represents your banal & pointless existance.

Ai Yue Ha n & Gr8Kat - Those were Gr8!

Coming soon…

The Legend of PigeonMan

I can draw, I can write, I can act, I can design websites, I can make people laugh, I can listen.

And I know how to change my sig.

:slight_smile:

“To me, socks are like sex. Tons of it about, and I don’t seem to get any.”

I can go from zero to smug in 0.4 seconds.

Match that.

I have many “knacks”, but no real talents. I can draw clever doodles, write clear prose
(all evidence here to the contrary), and honestly swim very, very well. Like Vonnegut, I may be too tall and too gawky on land, but in the water I’m graceful. I’d swear I was supposed to be a dolphin and got shunted into a human body by mistake.

I like most people and have enormous patience.

Gad, this is boring. I love music, but can’t sing or play an instrument w/o sounding like a cat in heat. I enjoy it, but everyone w/in earshot winces. Hence a huge reverence for people who can make music…

In short, standard issue human, no stellar talents, making the best of it,
Veb

I’m a really good cartoonist and artist. I’m also a pretty good actor and singer, even though I never get to use those talents for good use.

I’m also good at helping people out when they need some help in their lives. Many people say I should be a therapist because of how helpful and caring I am.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking.
Fun with HTML (tutoral)
Give someone an F.U.

Well, I’m brushing up on my [non-]ability to draw stuff. I used to sing in my choir.

Once.

Then SterNo pointed out that there were many things much worse to be changed into, than a beautiful, young woman.

For instance, you could have my life!

I can think. Some here would say it is a hidden talent.

That which a man had rather were true he more readily believes.

I can make anyone laugh. ( If I can’t, they are either deaf or German.)

When the mood is somber, I can get people to laugh. When it is frivolous, I can get them to think.(I’m great a funerals. Book me now for 2000, openings still available!)

I am the one you want around in an emergency situation, whether medical, automotive or personal crisis.( Although with Personal crisis I will usually go into my Prolytising Mode and spew, " This all could have been avoided if you had used your goddamn head.") I don’t panic and think things through.

I give great advice ( see above)

I can take a secret to the grave.

I can drive a farm tractor (this makes me a man among the men in my area and a borderline dyke to their wives.), riding lawn mower, 1 ton pick up, and five speed stick shift.

I am a damn good writer.

I travel light.(For this I should win a Nobel Prize.)

I’m a cheap date.

I’m an excellent volleyball player.

I can grow a 30 x 50 garden from seed and be the envy of the neighborhood.

I can recite most of Cat In the Hat (with three different accents for effect) by heart.

My Ob/gyn says I’m one of her favorite patients and that I could have her children for her since everything goes so smoothly and I don’t whine about little things. So, that’s something to be proud of.

Children love me.
Dogs adore me.
Husbands treat me like their little sister.
Wives are not sure what to think of me.
I can rock a baby for hours and sing MY GREATEST HITS at full tonsil. ( Look for me on KTEL)

I’d really like to see some of you artists’ work! Do you have any in an online kind of situation?

PigeonMan is here, click below. Pleeeeeease?

:wink:

“To me, socks are like sex. Tons of it about, and I don’t seem to get any.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

I can drive by smell.

I can make vast quantities of intoxicants disappear so quickly it violates Einstein’s theory of relativity.

I make the people I work with laugh.

I’m very kind.

I love to read and have a great memory.

I’m good at crossword puzzles.

I’m a good mom…I encourage my daughter to be creative and I try to help her be the person she was born to be.

I love rock music and I would do great on Rock and Roll Jeopardy.

Gail
“Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend–
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again…”
-Steely Dan

I’m not sure if this is a “talent” or in “fifteen minutes of fame” but I got First Runner up in (temporary defunct) the Washington Post’s Style Invitational once.

To lying, cheating, stealing, and drinking.

Always lie to save a friend, cheat death,
steal your love’s heart, and drink with good friends.
—*Madison Michele

I have a page two now! Once upon a time, I played around with The Draw so I could create ANSI’s, but got bored with it before I got any good. Still, here are a few examples of what I did:

My drawings, page 2

If you have Netscape, try this link:
My drawings, page 2

I knew trying to add a Netscape link was a dumb idea, cuz I’d screw it up. C’est la guerre.
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/gr8kat1/KatGen/katart2.htm

Trying it again