You're the producer/director of a comic book movie: make the fans angry!

I think what would piss off the fans more would be, Wonder Woman gets tied up a lot, ALWAYS gets naked. Maybe go back to the kinky Wonder Woman of Marston’s day, cranking up the volume to modern-day fanservice levels. Oh, SOME people would LURVE the “always gets naked” plan, but I think the majority would be pissed as hell at it.

. . . or, how about a canon-faithful adaptation of “Archie Meets the Punisher”?

Oh go to Archie Comics. Archie becomes the most annoying hipster ever. Veronica is a wealthy, pretentious goth girl. And Betty is a slutty cheerleader type. Jughead is a gamer, of course.

The “happy ending” to my Wonder Woman movie would be Steve Trevor proposing to Diana Prince and her happily giving up her powers so she could settle down to life as a housewife.

Damn, I did not see DrFidelius’ post before I posted my plan. GMTA I guess.

Ooo, Wolverine as he was originally conceived (but never executed): a man evolved from a wolverine.

Make a JLA movie. Don’t tell anyone before release that the centers around that giant Indian guy and Hawk and Dove.

Justice League of America:

The protagonist, Tori Olafsdotter (Kimberly Oja), a meteorologist working at the Eno Meteorological Institute who will later become Ice. New Metro is then attacked by a tornado being controlled by a terrorist calling himself the Weatherman (Miguel Ferrer). The Flash (Ken Johnston) diffuses the tornado using his speed while the other members of the JLA use their powers to save civilians.

Tori stumbles upon a hidden device in the lab where she works. While investigating its use, she spills water on it and it strikes her with strange blue electricity. She is unharmed and leaves the lab for home freezing everything she touches. En route she sees a man drowning, when she attempts to rescue him the water freezes around her. That night she is abducted by the JLA and interrogated, believing her to be the Weatherman. They release her and Tori believes it was all simply a bad dream.

And who are the JLA? The Flash, Green Lantern, The Atom, Fire & Ice, and David Ogden Stiers as the Martian Manhunter. One look at the costumes and you, too, will be glad this TV turkey never aired.

Oh, and the giant Indian guy was Super-Chief.

I’ll go you one better. Make a movie out of Bob Kane’s Batman.

Instead of batarangs the caped crusader uses a glock. Sideways.

Spider-Man starring Jayden Smith as your friendly neighborhood wall-crawler.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is… Captain America!

In the movie, an enemy called Captain Germany will use a perfect British accent.

I’d pay to use the name “Superman” as the title of a movie that otherwise has little to do with the DC comics character. “Clark Kent” is an alienated (heh) young man who flees his conservative upbringing in rural Kansas for the art scene in New York. He tries to express his existential angst in his art, but gradually comes to the conclusion that no one can appreciate his insights because he’s so much more advanced than the rest of the human race. The movie ends with him jumping off the roof of the Daily Planet building, and his “flight” is stretched out to a five-minute fantasy/dream sequence.

A shot-for-shot remake of Superman II, huge budget for special effects, star cast carefully chosen (no Nicolas Cage,) but with the change that Superman is wearing a pair of tightly-whiteys as part of his iconic costume through the whole film.

First, film another Spider-Man film reboot–but do it as well as possible. Lots of polling, comics experts and fans reviewing the script and casting, experts on set throughout filming to vet changes and advise the director, who will be a comics fan as well. Study the successful comic-book adaptations carefully. Participate in the community both before and after the release. Motto: “This time we’re getting it right.”

In the sequel, reveal that the “Ben Parker” who died in the reboot was actually a clone. The “real” Ben Parker is actually Professor Miles Warren/The Jackal, who has secretly been using Peter as a guinea pig for years. Peter’s powers didn’t result from the spider bite, but from being a genetically altered clone; his illness from the spider bite just triggered them to manifest a little sooner than expected. When Spider-Man confronts the Jackal, he finds himself facing an army of Peter Parker clones. Most of them are wimpy mooks, but a few have an assortment of superpowers, combined with disfiguring mutations. The ones with powers are expies of some of Spider-Man’s regular rogue gallery, so he gets to fight Rhino-Peter, Morbius-Peter, and so forth. When the inevitable river of flame begins rolling your way, express surprise and dismay at the fickleness of the fan community.

You have to set them up before you can knock them down. :smiley:

That’d work great, for some Spider-Man continuities.

Judge Dredd - spends a large part of the film out of uniform, and his face visible. Have him played by an actor considerably less than 6 feet tall. And he speaks with a funny accent.

Richard Simmons is…Wolverine!

Justin Bieber as… Deadpool

Uwe Boll’s Sandman

Howard the Duck 2

Marvel and DC Present: Daredevil vs. Batman - both played by Ben Affleck

V for Vendetta 2: He Got Better

Batman fighting the Joker, played by leftover footage of Heath Ledger and Ed Wood’s chiropractor from behind.

Blade vs. the Tax Man

Not making at least one new bad guy, e.g. the new Batman will fight Bane and Talia al Ghul, Iron Man will fight Ben Kingsley, Spider-Man and the Lizard, etc. Note this isn’t the same as reoccurring Magneto, Green Goblin, Lex Luthor.