Yum! Popcorn!

I have the TV on in the background, but the subliminal messages are pretty darn powerful tonight – less tha a minute after seeing an Orville Reddenbacher ad, I had put a bag of (no-brand) popcorn in the microwave. I was delighted that there was some in the cupboard, because I haven’t had popcorn in months.

It’s yummy. All that salt, all those chemicals in the ersatz butter…

I have forever sworn off of microwave popcorn. I bought my Schneider’s TheaterII Popcorn Popper for five bucks at a garage sale, and have never looked back. Oil-popped popcorn is one of the best foods that this world has to offer. Especially when you pop it in coconut oil. YUM!

Mmmmmmmmmm. Popcorn with:

[ul]
[li] melted butter and pizza seasoning[/li][li] melted butter with garlic salt[/li][li] melted butter with cinnamon and a wee bit of sugar[/li][li] melted butter and Italian seasoning[/li][/ul]

Good stuff. Yum. But not all at once.

Melted butter and Montral Steak seasoning - eh, a little too spicy for me.

You don’t need a fancy pot like that, Standup Karmic. I just use a regular pot with a lid.

Put enough oil in the pot so that when the kernals are in, it comes a bit over halfway up the side.
Fill bottom of pot with one layer of kernals.
Put heat to full blast.
Put on lid.
When the popping slows down, remove from heat and dump into big bowl.
Salt to taste.

You can use any oil you like. You don’t need butter! Although if you want, you can cook it in butter instead of oil, but the butter has a chance of burning.

If we have the motivation I’ll make popcorn in our walk, covered with some vegetable oil. Beats the heck out of the microwaved stuff.

But I’ve been addicted for years now to popcorn with chocolate covered raisins. Sweet, salty, chocolatey, a little bit sour, with chewiness and crunchiness. A little bit of heaven in every bite.

The microwave stuff seems to absorb “atmospheric moisture” ( for lack of a better term) more rapidly than traditionally-prepared stuff. That being said, you simply must try Act II Buttery Kettle Corn]Act II Buttery Kettle Corn