Z-type. Best flash game I've seen for ages!

The better a typist you are, the better you’ll be at this game.

Nice soundtrack too!

Oh the irony :slight_smile:

Z-type, even. It was bound to happen. :smack:

Edit: Also, in my enthusiasm to post this, I forgot myself. I should have posted this in The Game room. Could a willing mod please correct the title and move it to The Game Room?

Moved MPSIMS --> Game Room and fixed title.

Pls. report the post if you need mod help (you can report your own posts now) – waiting for a passing mod to notice you need something isn’t the most efficient way to get things to happen.

Level: 22
Score: 1932
Accuracy: 86.7%
Headache: Present

Level 41
Score 8461
Accuracy 96.2
Fun 85%

Final: 11,400 (not sure what level…just short of 50 I think…why doesn’t it tell you that on the score screen?)
Accuracy: 97.4%
Playing again: never

aaaaaagh the letters! THE LETTERS!

Love it. It’s amazing how little you need to make a great game.

Wave 64
Score 015538
Accuracy 95.6%

Now to go put my wrists and fingers in some ice…

Holy crap that website sucks. I tried it three times. Two times in Chrome, where I got to level 20 before it crashed. Third time in Firefox where I was at 65ish and it crashed. I give up. There needs to be a difficulty setting, because it takes too long to get to anything difficult.

I’m sorry to disagree but that was the complete opposite of my idea of fun. Played if for less than 60 seconds (my job involves typing at a screen all day, now you want me to do it in my free time without the benefit of any intelligent discourse with it?)

I only played the first 15 levels or so before I got bored. It is a nice idea, but I thought of a couple of different ways to make this into a really cool teaching game.

1. If the words flashed and then disappeared, it would completely reinforce the whole touch-typing aspect of the game. When you look at the keyboard, you might miss seeing the word for each new item. The difficulty level could be adjusted by having the words visible longer before they disappear, or reappear every so often.

2. If you are typing a word and make a mistake, you should have to start over. It would reinforce spelling.

3. I can also see where this could be an awesome vocabulary tool. Perhaps 3 or 4 words are descending and a definition flashes on the screen. You would then have to type in the word that matches the definition.

Still, the basic game is pretty good.

Got to level 8 before I got bored.

I’m weird then, but I thought it was fun. Played it last night for an hour or so, and got to level 62 I think. I only came back to this thread because it has the link to the game and I’m too lazy to bookmark it. :slight_smile:

I’ve been a touch-typer since childhood, though. It was kinda funny, because I actually did have to start looking at the keyboard once in awhile to see why I was screwing up so badly after level 50. Maybe there’s something wrong with my “m” key but that one wouldn’t type for shit. On a laptop.

The game has room for tons of improvements though.

I got to level 20 and was pretty bored with it because it didn’t seem to be increasing the difficulty all that much with each round, but thought I’d stick with it to level 40 just to see, and then it overheated my laptop somewhere around round 33 and caused a catastrophic shutdown.

So, not exactly my idea of an awesome game, no. :smiley:

Finished level 25, got bored and closed it.

The Typing of the dead was better.

I think it must be pretty slow on my computer, because the spaceships didn’t even have a chance to get on the screen. I’m a pretty good typist, but not preternatural (that would have been a good one).

‘preternatural’ and one of those letter sprays.

(I’m off to find out what ‘preternatural’ means)

edit:

apparently there’s a way to spell that word that’s even harder - ‘praeternatural’

Another one for having the site crash.

Oh, and I use a netbook, so I didnt have the minimal resolution needed, and I had a smaller keyboard.

Yeah, the game stuttered a LOT.

I got to level 51.

I would love to know my stats, but I’m not sure how the game ends, frankly.

Guaranteed kept fouling me up.