Zoo cancels free days

Totally agree. I’m flagging that post. Posting that shit in GQ is totally uncalled for and deserves a warning.

You don’t think the mentally challenged should be allowed to go to the zoo? That’s pretty harsh.

You make Rodney Anonymous cry!

Mentioned in the OP but not emphasized–the Zoo has not canceled the Free Tuesdays entirely. Just for the rest of the summer. When it will be broiling here…

Since the OP has access to a computer, I trust he’s checked out the discounts already offered. For example, if you’ve got a Metro (mass transit) card, you’ll get $2 off adult admission or $1 off children’s admission. Kids under 2 are free–children’s admission applies from ages 2 to 11. (And there’s a Senior discount, in case Grandpa or Grandma wants to come!)

Was the cause of the hard-on determined?

The Memphis Zoo revised its “free day” policy following some trouble in 2010.

Free-for-all at Memphis Zoo

and

Violence at zoo free day

I’m not sure if the two incidents were related, but a coworker told me that her 14-year-old son suddenly announced one day that he needed a ride to the zoo. This made coworker suspicious, so she called other parents and learned that a flash mob was scheduled for the zoo that day. Her son didn’t get to go.

Zoo rules were changed so that children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult during free times.

The elephant saw a really hot female elephant 45 years ago, and he never forgot.

Except we’re not in GQ.

Wow, those prices are insane. The Omaha Henry Doorly zoo which is as good or better than San Diego only charges $13.50 for adults, $12.50 for seniors, $9.00 for children 2-11 and kids under 2 are free. Guess it’s all about location location location.

We’re not? Then why was lance strongarm so shocked, SHOCKED, to find such tasteless humor here?

He or she must be a real jerk-off.
And thank you for the set up, mhendo.

Let’s go to the zoo and watch the monkeys do it!

DO WHAT? Don’t leave us in suspense!

You know what’s really fucking tasteless jerk off? You. You robbed all those great athletes of their deserved victories and glories with your steroid, blood-doping cheating ass.

Vive la France!!!

Is this the new “Lets go down to the quarry and fuck like monkeys”?

Pfft. Tickets to Disney’s zoo (sorry, “nahtazu”) start at $88.40 for 3-9 year olds. It is pretty good, though, in a… well, it’s pretty much how you’d expect Disney to do a zoo, I suppose.

Fling poo at you.

Put all the animals together in a single space, and have them sing songs?

I love the St. Louis zoo, and can’t wait until my son is old enough to visit. Plus with the free art museum & Forest Park right there, I can let him run around until he’s tired, then wheel him around the exhibits a bit. The nice thing about free museums & zoos is that you don’t feel obligated to stay in order to “get your money’s worth” if someone just isn’t into it (or is having a fit).

My grandmother lived in St Louis during the World’s Fair & reminisced about it all her life. The giant bird cage at the zoo dates back to the Fair. Interesting infoon funding…

Houston’s Zoo is newer. The City of Houston supplies some funding but private & corporate donors, memberships & admissions have to make up the rest…

I haven’t been in a while; this story has inspired me to plan a visit. Once we’ve got a bit of cool weather! In October, possibly…

In the meantime, the Houston Museum of Natural Science has a New Hall of Paleontology! With air conditioning…

Hardly.

Word of advice RE: San Diego Zoo Tiger Exhibit

Those are some dirty, filthy, despicable animals with *very bad attituteds *and very nasty specific skill sets. Trust me, **do not **approach the railing!