So, did I pop her cherry or not?

I met a girl when I was 16. We went out a few times, nothing much happened. About a year later, we ran into each other by accident. We started talking; one thing led to another and we ended up spending most of the day together. I was the only kid still living at home and my parents were out of town for the weekend. We had a rather old dog who couldn’t hold his bladder more than about six hours, so I had to get home to let him out. I invited her to the house and she accepted. I swear, I had no intentions of doing anything but letting the dog out. Anyway, after the dog did his thing, it was mid-evening and we decided to watch TV. It wasn’t too long before we were making out; and she was actually being much more agressive than me. We eventually went to my bedroom, had alot of foreplay, then had sex. When we were done, I was shocked to see a lot of blood all over the sheets. Being 17, I was really classless and just blurted out something like “Jeez, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were a virgin.” At that point, she was obviously embarrased, but denied that she was a virgin, though she never offered an explaination for the blood. She went on to say that she had had sex with her previous boyfriend several times.

We dated about a month and had intercourse about a dozen times. Never again did she bleed. I’m sure she wasn’t having her period, as she wasn’t wearing a tampon and there was no blood on my hands, even though we did a fair amount of foreplay. I guess I’ve always assumed I popped her cherry and she denied it because of my rather classless way of asking her.

I guess my question is - is it possible that she was not a virgin, but had not had her cherry popped yet? Or, would there be any other reason that a woman would bleed down there? (besides giving birth or surgery, etc; which obviously wasn’t happening).

Yes, it is possible that she was not a virgin, yet had not had her “cherry popped.” The hymen does not always break the first time a girl has sex.

Some women’s hymens never break, only stretch to accomodate the penis. In talking to a few women about this, a couple have told me that they never bled.

If she’d only had sex a couple of times, and it was fairly recent, it’s possible that the torn hyman might bleed again if it wasn’t fully healed. I seem to remember bleeding the first few times.

Unexplained vaginal bleeding could be serious. Do you know where/how she is now? I believe it can be a sign of some cancers, but my medical knowledge mostly comes from the Reader’s Digest. Still, I wouldn’t mess around with something like that.

Back in high school my health teacher tried to convince us that hymens don’t bleed - when a girl has sex for the first time she’s usually unprepared/nervous and therefor not lubricated enough, so the blood is actually just from vaginal chafage. Since sex is so mental for women (guess you could read that a few ways), unless they’re psychologically into it things don’t come together right.

It’s also possible that she started her period while you were having sex. It’s happened to me (to be exact, my partner) several times.

I’ve started a bunch of my wife’s periods that way.

Did you look down and say “I’ve been shot!”?

They always like that…

I knew a lady who still had a hymen after having two children. Not to be confused with Hymen.

I have bled for no particular reason from intercourse every once in a while - maybe every 6 months or so. I have a very sensitive cervix. I also sometimes have what is called break-through bleeding - 7 days before a woman’s period is due, progesterone levels dip (which is the hormone that keeps a period from coming), and if you don’t have a whole lot of it to begin with, you can get breakthrough bleeding. Sex definitely brings on my period and makes breakthrough bleeding worse. Not sure why…

So I would say no, I don’t think you popped her cherry.

Sometimes excellent sex will start my period. Perhaps that is what happened.

Sex will sometimes start my period too. If there was a lot of blood that is probably what happened.

She was probably too embarassed to talk about it. At 17 with a new guy I would have been.

She also could have had a cervical cyst. That’s a cyst that forms on the cervix and, during sex, can get um…knocked around and start to bleed.

I speak from experience (the guys side).