Sugardope II or the sap will rise again...

… As it does every spring.

Yes, boys and girls, it’s that time of year again. Due to the seemingly success of last year’s Sugardope (patent pending), I have decided after numerous requests (actually two, you know who you are :wink: ) to repeat the experience. Since this is only a preliminary thread, I will suggest dates for it and see how it works for the various people interested in attending. As the excitement grows, more detail will be forthcoming.

Now the dates I have in mind are in March and they are (drum roll please) :
[ul]
[li] the weekend of the 5[sup]th[/sup] to the 7[sup]th[/sup][/li][li] the weekend of the 12[sup]th[/sup] to the 14[sup]th[/sup] (additionally we can go to the St-Patrick parade this weekend)[/li][li] the weekend of the 19[sup]th[/sup] to the 21[sup]st[/sup][/li][/ul]

Please indicate which one you prefer.

Any of the three work for me.

I’ll be there.

SO MUCH MAPLE PRODUCT. I am getting sick jsut thinking about it. Mmmmm maple. Sooooo goooood. so many regrets afterwards. Sooooo gooooood.

Everyone needs to go to Sugardope

I knew I could count on you CC. For those of you who don’t know what we are talking about, Sugardope is about a Québec tradition. Every Spring we try to gather at a sugar shack and gorge ourselves on food and maple products.

Hey hey! Found this through your sig, detop!

I SO want to go, and I’d give you a date if my freakin’ palm-pilot actually decided to turn on. I hope it’s not broken 'cause I haven’t backed it up since I put my entire life into it.

Anyway, I will check back soon, but I am very interested in coming.

Yeah, I certainly would love to make another appearance. It doesn’t really matter to me which weekend. I’m just thinking about another eight-hour trek through frozen upstate New York and Quebec!

You’re both welcome and I am looking forward to see you again. I put the link to the thread in my sig, because I tought I may have announced it a little bit early this year and the weather has proven me right since we’re in a deep-freeze presently :smiley:

I don’t seem to have anything on the schedule for any of those dates at present.

I’d be interested in a return to Sugardope. It’s hard to plan for March this soon, but the first two weekends look okay. The last weekend is definitely out for me.

um, where’z it at? Montreal? Q. City? St. Louis du Ha! Ha!?

I’ve been wanting to 'fest(er) for aeons…mebbe I can do this one. All dates look good to me so far.

All the dates are fine with me, but the St-Pat’s parade would be a nice plus. Are we talking about a Montreal-area event?

Last year, we went to la cabane à sucre L’Hermine in Havelock, just outside Montréal. If everybody was satisfied with it we could go back there again this year, or I could look for another one. An advantage for this one is that it is close to the US border. And yes it seems that the St-Pat week-end will be the one, being the most advantageous so far.

Plus it has a llama!

And let’s not forget the goats. I wonder if they’ll remember Curious Canhuck ?

I’ll be there, of course. Not sure if jeremy evil will be able to make it, though.

Any weekend is good for me. Whatever weekend the most out-of-towners can make it. JeffB and Duke, glad you two are interested in joining us again! :slight_smile:

Obviously we need people with cars, right…?

detop, if you need help planning other weekend activities, I’m available, as always. I really think we should go back to Club Date in the Village for karaoke. We finally went last year at Doperéal II, and it was hilarious.

Know what, detop? We should make Sugardope not just about sugaring off, but other québecois things as well - like BBQ chicken at St-Hub. We should go back there for dinner! (Plus, it’s close to Club Date, Cabaret Mado, and all those other fun places. And it’s not expensive.)

I think you just set the program for Friday evening :smiley:

Hehe. Glad I could help…

The unlimited free coleslaw was great. I love the crèmeuse; I buy it at Provigo sometimes. And that cake I had for dessert… yummmm.

Have you thought of a Saturday dinner? I think we should consider going back to Mazurka (where we went for Poutinedope), because everyone seemed to like that, and they gave us the whole upstairs room. And it was cheap. And filling. :smiley:

Err, crêmeuse… I think.

Although I liked it also, I don’t think that after an afternoon of pigging out at the sugar shack, Polish food would be the best choice :wink: . Lebanese, perhaps or Peruvian maybe, there is a nice little Peruvian restaurant in Verdun, cheap and plentiful but not heavy food.

I’ll make sure I’m free that weekend, looking forward to seeing you guys. Eonwe, will you be passing through Plattsburgh when you come from Burlington? If you do could I hitch a ride with you?

:smack:

I wasn’t thinking.

Yeah, something definitely lighter. Maybe a place with lots of salad-type things on the menu…? Sammiches?

Just throwing ideas out.