Cristi Lamb (Persephone) R.I.P.

I’m Cristi Lamb’s husband, Tim. I don’t know most of you people, but I know that she has friends here that she loved dearly. I’m typing this here as this very page was left on the computer from where she left it…

I came home last night at about 3:00 AM and found Cristi in the bathtub. There was no pulse, no sign of life. I called 911. They said she had been dead for hours. The kids are fine and with me at a friends house. No one knows for sure, but I’m guessing that she had another epileptic seizure and fell into the bathtub. I’m typing through tears and having a very hard time.

Many of you have her cell # and I’ll keep it with me, but for now I’m using it to contact family.

Can anyone get ahold of Patrick Malone??? Although Cristi was my wife, we were on our way to divorce. Patrick is her boyfriend - I’ve known all about it for a very long time. If someone would be so kind as to contact Patrick, and tell Patrick that he can contact me if he likes.

The kids don’t know that mom is gone. She just got out of the hospital from having a hysterectomy days ago, and the kids just think that she’s back in the hospital I don’t know how I’m going to tell them. But, they are fine right now, and in good hands.

To all of her dear friends here, I’m so sorry. I probably will not be visiting this board, so please don’t bother to respond here. Just pass the message to anyone who you think ought to know.

We had big marital problems, but I still loved her. I didn’t want anything like this to happen. I still cared about her deeply.

I can be reached by email at:

timjonlamb@hotmail.com

Oh my god.

I’m so sorry.

Holy…
…well, there just aren’t words. My sympathies and condolences, naturally, but there’s really nothing else I can say.

Sympathies and condolences, of course, but I have a very big and dumb question. What is her screen name? There are very few Dopers I know by their real names, and I don’t recall anyone who just had a hysterectomy.

I didn’t know Persephone but I could tell from her posts that she was a sweet and caring woman. My deepest sympathies go out to all of her friends and family.

R.I.P. Cristi.

Haj

My first reaction of course is denial. I hope this isn’t true. Although I didn’t know her personally from what I read of hers, Cristi seemed like a fun, loving person who tried to do the right thing. I’m sorry for you and your children’s loss. Her presence will be sorely missed.

Doh. I should have looked closer at the OP. Persephone…

Tim, are you being serious? What’s going on?

I don’t pray but I’m breaking that rule for you and your family today. What an awful thing to happen… I am so so sorry.

Give you strength, brother.

It’s Persephone, the user name of the OP (written by her husband, using the name).

I’m so sorry.

Here’s Persephone’s thread about the surgery.

This is too awful. My deepest sympathies to you, your family, and all her friends.

Persephone?! She is the one who always jumped to the head of the pack to take the lead whenever anyone had a need. She collected money, handled correspondence, kept accountings, and saw to it that sentiments were turned into action. She is the very personification of love — goodness put to use.

I didn’t know her in real life but I know many people on this board know her well and love her. My sympathies to you and everyone here who will I’m sure be shocked by this news.

I’ll report this thread to the mods in case they aren’t aware of it yet.

Moderator’s Note:

The mods are very aware of this thread; thank you to all those who sent e-mails. I will be moving this thread to MPSIMS as a more appropriate venue.

Our deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathies to all of those involved.

John Corrado

Damn, damn, damn, damn.

I’m sorry to hear this.

Tim, thank you for letting us know. Although I’d never met Cristi, we had interacted here, and I’m going to miss her.

And Patrick, you have my e-mail, let me know if you need a shoulder.

Ric

Maybe our eulogies are a little premature. I hope that’s true. Please let some of her board friends and the Michigan Dopers confirm this.

I just got off the phone with TruePisces and she’s trying to get some more info…

I’m really hoping this isn’t true… :frowning:

Let’s hope Cranky is right. Persephone is one of the dopers I’ve always enjoyed and would miss deeply.

I met Persephone a year or so ago, and she was lovely, elegant, sweet and charming. I’ll remember her as she was then: laughing and chatting happily over tea at the Algonquin, a friendly and nice gal.

[Administrator Hat ON]

We hid this thread briefly while we confirmed the news. Patrick was contacted by Tim at lunchtime.

[Administrator Hat OFF]

This is just terrible, terrible news, and my sympathies towards Christi’s family and loved ones. I hope you guys make it through OK.