Survivor 10/28: Anger, Threats, Tears ... & Coffee

Based on the title of this week’s episode, I’m predicting some early correspondence from loved ones – but we’ll see if that pans out. Typically they do this much later in the season, when there’s only 7 or 8 people left, but perhaps it’s for letters or something.

Anyway, spoilers below. Read if you dare.

[SPOILER]If you caught last week’s spoiler box, people “in da know” predicted the final 3 boots prior to jury selection. While this week’s boot hasn’t been officially confirmed, the betting line seems to favor John Kenney, the “mechanical bull operator” and holder of the “Stupidest Profession Tagline” in Survivor history.

Again, I know some of you were pulling for the guy, so my apologies. Heck, I even got some new-found respect for him the way he separated the women to determine tribal alliances. But these are NOT the smartest women we’ve ever seen on Survivor, so maybe getting taken by a flimsy ruse by a barroom himbo isn’t exactly the litmus test of choice.

If John manages to hold on this week, the other candidate for elimination is Julie Berry, the cute youth mentor with the braids.

Also, if you’re looking for pure conspiracy theory, there are rumors afloat of another Michael Skupin-type episode in which someone is hurt and must be Medivacced off Vanuatu. That someone is rumored to be the aforementioned Julie – and I have to admit, the rumor makes sense. Up to now the poor girl has flown so far under the radar, she’s skimming the bellies of Stealth bombers. I can’t imagine she’ll piss anybody off shortly before the merge, but maybe I’m wrong. It’s happened pretty frequently.[/SPOILER]
If you can’t root for Sarge, there’s just something wrong with you. He seems to be the only one with his head screwed on right. It just scares me, because those people inevitably never win this game.

Chastain86, it appears that you and I are plugged into the same spoilers, so I’m surprised you haven’t heard more about the meddevac survivor. I read in a few different places that it’s Julie, due to an asthma attack. Mr. singular has asthma, and I’ve seen attacks that are pretty freaking deadly, so if there’s a smoke inhalation episode, that would definately send her out.

I can’t even think of someone I want to win. I wish they’d have a little more Chad - his highlight so far has been to bitch about sleeping arrangements and peeking at Julie (which was some funny stuff). I’m hoping this means he’ll be around for a while.
And I’d really like to find out what the mysterious hold Scout has on her tribe is based on. She pretty much hoses up any challenge that requires more than opening a door, and she scared me with the worst flash since Lil and her heinous granny panties. Ooo, I just made myself urp a little.

Nor reading the spoilers, not readng the spoilers, not reading the spoilers…
:eek: No, I’m not!!
Anyway, the “coffee” in the title is interesting. In a thread from the All-Star version, I made the comment that giving them coffee was funnier than giving them booze. Let them all detox from their Starbucks addictions for a week or 10 days, and then offer up some caffeine and see what happens.
Most of them (Survivors in general) are boring drunks anyway, it seems. They either get maudlin and weepy, or loud and obnoxious. It’s much funnier to see them all hopped up on java, IMO.

Holy crap, 8:10 Friday morning and no responses?
It really is the Most Boring Survivor Ever.

I figured it’d be John after the first five minutes after they all complained about him being lazy. Then they threw out bunch of red flags about Chad and Julie, so I knew it had to be John, especially when his was the only vote they showed being written down.

The coffee bit was good. Rory’s funny after three cups of coffee. He was raring to go, wasn’t he?

Yawn… what a snoozer. It showed promise with Rory promising a scorched earth ending, but he wisely held his temper and enjoys another 3 days on the beach.

I’m still pondering what the men had in mind when they voted out John and killed their chances of ending up with equal number of men and women at the merge. It seemed obvious to me that the men should’ve thrown the immunity challenge just to save Rory and vote off one the women.

The best thing about this episode was the electrified tree trunk. Well they had to have somewhere to plug in the “shameless sponser of the week” coffee maker. :rolleyes:

Because the men had alienated John by keeping him out of their alliance against the “younger, better looking” players. Had they kept him just because he was a man, as soon as the tribes merged (which usually happens when they get down to 10 players), John would have had every incentive to form an alliance with the women against Sarge’s alliance. John has been a dead man walking for weeks.

I think the men, correctly, decided to recruit Twila, and perhaps Julie, to their side. Twila was a bit of an odd woman out on her tribe and doesn’t have much incentive to switch back to the women’s side, esp. since she’s said that she much prefers men’s company to women anyway.

Add Twila to Rory, who knew he was on the chopping block thanks to Ami’s big mouth, and you’ve got a solid majority. Kudos to Rory for kicking ass in the sling shot competition.

Blame Tivo. Marketers can no longer count on people watching commercials and the producers need someone to pay for the show.

Ami continues to plummet. She seems more interested in having a female alliance win than have Ami win. Has the person who led the massacre EVER reaped the benefits? Cut the “girl power” crap out and play the game. Your here to win a million bucks not make Survivor history.

Rory has gone from a total idiot to my favorite player. He is playing the game well and giving EXCELLENT confessionals. He completely showed up in the two challenges.

Julie has also been showing me something other than her ass. She has made a few good moves.

Overall, things might actually get interesting come the merge…if the merge comes.