JESUS IT"S COLD!!!!!

Here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland it dropped 20 f***ing degrees last night, and I woke up to 15 degree temps. That’s nasty enough by itself, but I was pumping gas this morning, and a freezing wind came through that literally took my breath away. It was like I’d been hit with a cold ray. It was like cold bees were attacking me.

GOD it’s Cold!!!.. * whimper…whine*

Yeah.

We’re already on this there, scoop.

My husband wasn’t feeling well this morning so I had to start the car to warm it up myself this morning. When I came in I gave him the biggest hug and thanked him for all the times he’s done this for me in the past.

Just so you know, my husband pretty much insists starting the car on cold mornings for me. It’s one of the many reasons why I love him and don’t deserve him.

Was it a 1920’s style cold ray?

We’ve been dealing with those kind of temperatures for a week now. I’m glad to see that we’re finally fobbing off that arctic air mass on some other states.

I hate to be the tough Canadian, but 15 degrees farenheit ain’t too bad

That converts to roughly -9 Celsiius.

We routinely get -20 degree weather here in Saskatchewan, and I’ve been out in temps as low as -60 celsius. You can literally freeze to death in five to ten minutes. Though right now we have been having some wacky weather. I drove a three hour drive in Saskatchewan yesterday. My journey began in above zero temperatures, I eventually hit a rainstorm, saw a rainbow, and by the time I had reached my destination I had been driving through a blizzard for an hour. Strange stuff.

Well, it’s -24C here in Montreal right now. That’s about -10F, I think.

COLD!!!

At least it’ll be a white Christmas. No chance of the snow melting by the weekend.

Fifteen degrees! Pish!
[mocking tone]Oh no! It’s 15 degrees! Whatever will I do?[\mt]
I see you’ve never been to northern New York. :wink:

I walked outside this evening wearing shorts and a t-shirt after coming out of the gym. It was a nice pleasant 65º F, and it felt great.

Damn you Neuroman…damn you…

(puts on thermal underwear)

That’s where I am right now. It was -17 when I went to my car this morning, -35 with wind chill. Right now it is -21, but no wind.

Oh, and for out Canukian friends, that corresponds to -28 (-37 w/ windchill.) The -21 is equal to about -30.

It’s Skiing Season! Yay! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah we have been suffering in the high 60’s most of the week.

Yeah!!
:cool:

Can I tell ya how lovely it’s been that the gas prices dropped just as I started wasting gas using my new remote starter to warm the car up? :::happy dance:::

14 degrees here in Pittsburgh (and probably even colder here in the North Hills). Looks like we’ll have a white Christmas this year.

I’m pretty near to astro, so I’m experiencing the same weather. I’ll admit that I’m a total wuss when it comes to cold temperatures, but the thing that’s really getting me right now is that it was a really sudden change. That’s harder to deal with for me. And the wind doesn’t help.

It’s 1.6 F here with high winds and a snow cover. And I have to walk across two gargantuane parking lots tomorrow morning before 7:30 am. I would love 15 degree weather.

Yeah, there’s nothing like single digits or less to make 15 F seem balmy.

Amateurs.

has been walking outside in -35 Celsius weather

:: Nods agreement with Kythereia ::

(Has slept in an unfinished uninsulated house in -35C temperature.

The house was designed to be heated by the sun, and was actually +6 inside, so all I needed was a huge pile of blankets. But still, getting out of bed was not fun. Neither was using the outhouse in -35 weather.)