I once mistakenly believed ...

… that the name of one incendiary device in particular was a “Mazel tov cocktail.”

Your turn.

I thought the Yuletide carol was about a ‘one horse soap and sleigh’.

…that people had to work to make “enns meat.”

…that the way girls got pregnant was by drinking pee.

Ha! That sure would solve a few of the worlds problems!

…that the Champion of the World was Muhamma Dali.

… that when my Dad went of to work to “break rocks” that that was actually what he did. With a sledgehammer.

I thought everything was in black & white in the old days…

That there were tiny men sitting in my radio playing and singing songs.

oh…I forgot. I also used to jab pins thro the speaker fabric hoping to get one of them :smack: .

…that I could dance. There was alcohol involved.

I thought that human beings were actually human beams. (Not beans, like a lot of kids seem to think.)

I also thought that Jimmy Buffet was saying that some people claim that there’s a woman aflame, but he knew that it was just his old grandpa. Song makes a lot more sense now.

That the witches in Macbeth were chanting about plumbing problems:

“double double toilet trouble.”

That turning the steering wheel somehow made the car go. When I first saw someone driving without turning the wheel, I was stunned.

Back when I was a little Goy, I thought the lyrics were, “With the Cross of Jesus Dragging on the Floor.”

I still curse like a Christian:

JESUS, wisernow! Pins? Hear any tiny little screams?

when i was probably five or something, i thought the word “bastard” had either something to do with a pasture or a pastor, but i wasn’t sure which. either way, i got in trouble for it.

Until recently, I thought when someone said “Gotta go pay the bills” that they were actually sitting down and writing checks or paying their bills online. Then one day I was mysteriously enlightened by the sudden knowledge that what they actually meant was having to work. :smack:

I used to think that Audrey and Katherine Hepburn were sisters.

I, uh… used to think that too. Ignorance fought.

Oh, and it’s Katharine. I figured everybody knew that :wink:

I used to think VACANCY meant you could have sex in a motel and that NO VACANCY meant you couldn’t. I wasn’t entirely sure what sex was, but I knew it happened in a lot of the motels we passed on our trip to Cinncinnati. :smiley: