RedFury, Xploder: shame on you

Followed by . . .

Those comments are petty, vicious, and utterly devoid of compassion. You should be ashamed to have exposed them in public.

Bullshit.

linky?

… not to mention bizarre.

Just because this forum permits ridiculously offensive behavior, doesn’t oblige anybody to practice it.

Start with post #396.

Of course given the history of the board there is nooooooo reason for anyone to be skeptical. Right.

Sorry for forgetting the link. Thanks for providing it, nightwatch Trailer.

Uvula Donor
[ul][li]Petty[/li][li]vicious[/li][li]devoid of compassion[/ul][/li]Which of those characterizations would you care to refute? Or does the drive-by-profanity demonstrate the full range of your rhetorical aresenal?

fruitbat
If a man tells me he might die soon I may certainly be skeptical. That grants me no license to spit in his face and call him a lying asshole.

This could mean so many things:

1. Liberal is very ill and doesn’t have long to live.
  2. We’re all going to die because of a nuclear holocaust or the Rapture or something.
  3. Liberal isn’t going to renew his SDMB subscription but the man behind the words will live on.
  4. It’s going to be one of those fake internet deaths ala WallyM7.
  5. The hijack of all hijacks in a thread complaining about hijacks.
  6. Some kind of metaphoical hoo-ha that’s over all of our heads.

or my actual choice

1. Drama queen bullshit.

Maybe Liberal will illuminate us.

Ture, and I chose not to do that. At the same time I can hardly blame those who find the timing suspicious and who believe they have seen this scenario played out before.

The part you didn’t mention just now. The part about “being ashamed.”

Nothin’ like the mention of death to take the heat off you when a thread’s not going the way you like it. Seen it happen too many times to believe it anymore when someone throws a stinkbomb from left field.

**RedFury **and **Xploder **called him on it. Schoolmarm Spiritus Mundi scolds **RedFury **and Xploder.

Like I said: Bullshit.

hajaro - if you wish illumination from liberal I suggest you inquire of him through email or in another thread. I have no desire to turn this into a referendum on the accuracy of his statement. Many people appear to feel that the medium of a message board absolves all manner of crass and repulsive behavior.

I do not.

Ah, so we have established that you believe that being petty, vicious, and utterly devoid of compassion is acceptable behavior.

Apparently your own schoolmarms failed in their duties. How sad.

I don’t quite understand the whole Liberal issue. I’ve been hanging around here for nearly five years now, and participating in threads everywhere except Great Debates, and I just can’t seem to muster the same kind of anger towards Lib that so many others seems to harbour.

Liberal, my sympathies (although you say you don’t want or need them, you have them anyway).

Wait a second, WallyM7 isn’t actually dead? Has that been verified?

I agree here featherlou. I don’t know why or how but it seems there is a monthly quota of Liberal related pit threads. I still don’t understand why people don’t just ignore him.

Yeah, innit? I must be going to that hell I don’t believe in, too.

Feel free to go tsk tsk tsk and act all righteous and stuff. I know that makes people like you* feel good.

• “people like you”: Smug, self-righteous douchebags. Your particular religion matters not; I’m not anti-Christian.

Oh it would be much more convenient if we had the referendum here, all our Liberal reading in one place. It will be simple enough for you just not read those parts of the thread.

just kidding :stuck_out_tongue:

You fascinate me Uvula. You don’t believe that somebody who is vicious and petty should be ashamed of themselves.

What does make you ashamed Uvula? Nothing perhaps? Oh, and I don’t care what your religion is either: I just find it interesting when somebody admits that they lack a sense of conscience. Just for future reference, you know.

But maybe I’m overinterpretting your remarks.

That thread was dying of its own accord. The line about mortality was buried pretty deep inside the paragraph: it could have easily been ignored. Except by those who are petty/vicious, etc.

Well, given his posting rate I would have to say that ignoring him is a rather tall order.

Uvula
[ul][li]You are completely ignorant as to what I believe, yet are comfortable deriding “people like me”.[/li][li]You defend pettiness, vicousness, and cruelty, and imagine that only someone smug or self-righteous could possibly feel differently.[/li][li]You mistake the license to use profanity for a mandate to avoid thought.[/li][/ul]
Sad is a gentle description.

CarnalK
Kidding aside, you could certainly do so. I would, of course, immediately seek to have you banned. :eek: