Poll: Unfortunate Times to Sneeze

I’m sick with a cold. Hence, much sneezing ensues. So, I’m trying to keep myself entertained by thinking of bad times to sneeze. So far I’ve got:

applying eyeliner
oral sex
driving

C’mon, amuse me!

Performing a root canal
French kissing
Performing a circumcision

When you’re hiding behind a thin curtain in a room full of Nazis

Sneezing while landing a jet is awkward. Most of us in the business have done it once, and it’s usually good for a few gray hairs. There’s only about a 5 second window where it really matters, but …

Well I started having a sneezing fit during my drivers’ exam.
That kinda sucked.

The other day I sneezed during sex and my boyfriend couldn’t stop laughing, apparently it feels funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneezing while clipping a cat’s claws is…interesting. Like trying to hold onto a furry hand grenade. With teeth.

::trying to catch breath after 10 minutes of hysterical laughter … not entirely successful yet … ::

Mrs. Disguise just brought home a new kitten this morning … I sneezed just as she handed the little “furry grenade” to me …

kitten still missing in action …

suspect she’s being held hostage by bed springs …

pictures at 10 …

::snickers while stumbling around lookin for that damn first aid kit::

Gunfight.

–Cliffy

Just before a gunfight.

Whilst doing the “I-have-to-pee-really-really-really-BAD-but-I-am-nowhere-near-a-toilet” Dance.

Mouth full of food.

Oh, that’s bad.

While peeing (men).

While trying to stop a bloody nose.

Right after vomiting.

While operating a table saw.

White shirt, just finished eating pickled beets. Instant pink tie-dye.

From experience.

While having a bout of diarrhea… and you’re not near a toilet.
While trying to discreetly release a fart.
While building a house of cards.
While setting up dominoes to be knocked down.

When it’s that time of that time of the month.

Sorry, guys.

Well call me Mr. Butterfingers!

While doing almost anything in a laboratory: dissecting, handling microscope slides, streaking bacteria on agar, decanting supernatants, using a microbalance… Thankfully the glass on the front of tissue culture hoods doubles as a sneeze shield. So does the plastic shield used during radioactive procedures, but then you have to make sure you put the radioactive material down before you sneeze, so it doesn’t splatter around if the sneeze makes your hands shake.

Working in a lab teaches you to sneeze into the crook of your elbow, not your hand. That way nothing from the sneeze gets on your hands, and nothing from your gloves gets on your face.

At home: sneezing while pouring boiling water into a mug for tea. That can be painful. Especially if you’re holding the mug.

While doing a shot of tequilla (note: also a bad time to laugh)

Singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Superbowl.