update

Well, I guess certain folks will be happy, but snark has called off our relationship forever.
He says I am just not a good enough Mormon, like he is.
It’s too bad, but for the best, I am sure.
I don’t think he is capable, emotionally and otherwise, of having a relationship with anyone, male or female.
I wish him the best, but he will be stuck in his parents room probably forever.
So now esprix can be vindicated.
And it is probably best for my son, as some have mentioned also.
p.s.don’t flame me,please or I will show up at your door with a photo of Cecil Adams naked…

Vanilla, I certainly wouldn’t say that the end of your relationship is a good thing, but it could very well be better that it end now rather than later, when a break-up would involve lawyers and such.
And I certainly wouldn’t flame you for being in a relationship that crashed. Even if I would like a nude picture of Cecil.

Sorry to hear of your breakup, but I’m sure no one will take pleasure in it. Anyone who does should be ashamed of themselves. Good people never say “I told you so”

Zette

Sorry to hear things didn’t work out Vanilla. But, I’m glad you are living your life the way you see fit and not by another’s beliefs. Best of luck to both you and your son!!

Good luck, vanilla and son - you certainly can’t say you didn’t try.

And if you peer into this thread, snark, good luck to you as well!

vanilla, anyone who comes here to flame you will have me to deal with.

You guys did something that many other people wish everyday that they could do–you went after something you thought would make you happy.

Too often people say, “I wish I had…” or “I should have…” Well, you did. True, it didn’t end up working out but you will not have to live with the regret of never knowing.

I am truly sorry that it didn’t work out between the two of you. I will keep you, your son and Snark in my thoughts. I wish the best for all of you.

{{{{Vanilla}}}} Sorry to hear about this hon…it’s too bad things didn’t work out. If he called off a relationship because of the level of your faith and religious practices, then he is not a good mormon himself, but is instead a hypocrit.

Don’t worry, I would never flame you for anything. Oh, BTW…I knew there was someone I’ve forgotten to put on my Almost Laminated List, but that has now been fixed.

No flaming, I’m just real sorry it didn’t work out the way you two wanted it to.

Blessed be.

I’m sorry that your relationship didn’t work out. But, to echo 2nd Law, it is better that you found out sooner than later. Breaking up is always hard, even when you know that you are not right for each other - I hope you get over this as painlessly as possible.

Kudos to you both for going for it in the first place. That shows a lot more courage than many people have.

I don’t think that anyone would dare flame you or even go so far as to give you a “see, I told you so” in this thread. We’d jump all over their sorry butts.

Of course, I’m exempt from the above. ::insert roaring flame here::

Now, hand over that naked picture of Cecil :wink:

I know its hard for you right now, but hold on to some truths:
Its very difficult for two adults to merge two lifestyles into one, it almost always fails.
There is no shame AT ALL in having tried and found it did not work.
If you hadnt tried, you wouldnt have been true to yourself.

above all else, as I know personally: sometimes its easier to be alone.

Vanilla, I know you don’t know me from Adam, but I’m sending my hugs your way - break ups are never easy. I too greatly admire your courage - I’m one of those who DOES have those “I wish I had, I wonder what would have happened if” thoughts go through my head now and then.

{{{{vanilla}}}}

vanilla wrote:

What??? I said nothing of the kind. I certainly never said I was a good Mormon. I only said that I have always wanted my spouse to be actively LDS and raise our children LDS. I said that several times on this board in the past, Rose. I never said you weren’t “a good enough Mormon.” You’re a better Latter-day Saint than I am, that’s for sure. Gee, it sure would be nice if you didn’t put words in my mouth like that statement above.

Vanilla and Snark, I’m sorry you had to go through this painful experience to learn such important lessons, but sometimes we can only truly understand by actually going through something rather than hearing words of advice from others (goodness knows I’ve been there myself). I hope you both got something worthwhile out of all this.

Esprix

Hey Nilla,

I understand the troubles, the Missus and i had a lot of trouble for a while due to conflicting religions, she is Mormona dn i am not (and now I’m a Buddhist). We almost broke it off, but we were able to find a middle ground where we can work it out.

Sometimes some peoplee cannot find that middle ground, and it’s better to break something off and move on than to try to force yourself into a mold that you don’t fit in.

Esprix! You were nice. Thanks…I didn’t expect that!(wanna go out with me sometime;) KIDDING!!!)

Vanilla, my intent was never to be vinditive, only to point out the obvious in matters of both religion and orientation. And no matter how obvious something might be, we do what we do and we live with the consequences, and lessons are best learned first-hand. I’m glad you two started to figure some things out sooner rather than later.

I will ask, though, both you and Snark - future plans? Is this all going to happen again with new partners?

Esprix

Esprix, before we hammer the coffin shut, we’re going to see if the body is still alive. This relationship may not be over after all. Only time will tell. And also, this breakup had very little to do with sexual orientation.

What do you mean esp? That I would look for an exact duplicate for snark or something?
Only God knows the future, but yes, it had nothing to do with orientation; I see no problems in that area.
It was caused by a rude remark I had made to him.
Many couples have disagreements all the time.
I suppose we could keep you guys updated, but maybe I will break with tradition and not say another word about it!
What an idea!

Whatever.

Esprix