Famous people who are considered unattractive but you think are HOT

For me, it would have to be a young Sissy Spacek (yummy, especially in **Prime Cut ** and 3 Women) , and Sandra Bernhard (especially pregnant in that sheer dress in her HBO special). Also a young Lucille Ball in her 1940’s film noir days. Anyone have any others?

I don’t know why you think that Lucille Ball was “considered unattractive.” She was a pin-up girl before she did comedy.

Did not know that about Lucille Ball. I always thought because of her wacky, silly persona that people did not consider her “pretty”- I never did either, until I saw a couple of her early noirs.

I thought Tracey Gold, Carol Seaver on Growing Pains, was hot. Her character wasn’t supposed to be attractive although maybe that was just her brother teasing her.

James Carville
Henry Kissinger
Scott Glenn
James Gandolfini (woof!)
VCNJ~

Sara Gilbert as Darlene Connor
Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams
Natasha Lyonne

I agree with this one. I had a crazy crush on her growing up. Now, I don’t really find her that good looking anymore.

It depends on what you mean by “considered unattractive”. For instance, some people think Penelope Cruz is very hot, while others (including myself) wouldn’t give her the time of day.

If you mean “not a classic Hollywood beauty”, I can think of Alex Borstein from MadTV (short and pudgy–that’s what I’m talkin’ about!).
I also had the serious hots for Linda Ellerbee when she was on NBC News Overnight .

Is Christina Ricci actually considered not attractive?!?!
I was always a Bailey Quarters fan back in the day – way prettier than Loni Anderson. I found Kate on “Drew Carey’s Show” VERY attractive.

My aim has always been sort of off in the attractive department. I always preferred Kate Jackson to the other angels (except for the Red Head Tanya Roberts), but I liked kate on Dark Shadows.

I can’t think of someone in Hollywood that isn’t thought to be pretty, there are certainly some who are thought to be gorgeous, but pretty much everyone is good looking (there are exceptions).

No one made a big deal out of their looks, but Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan were on my “hot” list for a good long while – they’re both still very attractive in my book.

Steve Buscemi

Alan Rickman (although I don’t think I’m alone in thinking he’s hot)

Malcolm McDowell

Barry Manilow

Gene Wilder

Harvey Keitel

John Goodman.

I second that Nicole Sullivan nomination- very hot :slight_smile:

FYI, Penelope Cruz is incredibly hot. Yes, she has pop eyes, a long nose & bird legs. She’s still hot.

Clive Owen. I think he looks awesome. My friends think I’m going blind.

Her

Janeane Garofalo.

The guy who played Faramir in LOTR. I’ve seen him in other stuff too and I think he’s pretty hot.

Denzel Washington. Oh wait. Every woman on the planet thinks he’s hot too, don’t they?

He isn’t handsome by Hollywood standards, but Jürgen Prochnow really floats my boat.

Especially in Sin City. Yow!

I also have a crush on Ron Livingston, though I suspect many just consider him bland or average.

My mom thought that my dad looked exactly like Gene Wilder when they first met and she has always had a crush on Gene…

I think my father has aged considerably better than Gene Wilder did though.