Tubadiva / Catsix Issue

Per Giraffe’s suggestion here, why all the snarkiness, as evidenced there and in my DrMark2000 thread about new SDMB features?

If you call that snarky, your skin is too thin.

Snarkiness often depends on the tone inferred by the reader, not the tone intended by the writer. Note that I can say “Good morning” intending to be cheerful, and you can read it as snarky, a tone that says “We’re done here, you should leave now.”

dont’ know if you mean me when saying ‘snarkiness’, all I was after was an acknowledgement that there had indeed been a prior statement promising additional ‘stuff’, therefore an implication that the poster was misinterpreting, misremembering or outrightly lying was wrong.

It’s what I’d expect of any reasonably adult poster. I understand that definition doesn’t necessarily apply to all posters here.

thing is, a simple, ‘oops, sorry, forgot about that’ would have been fine. sure,chroic complainers would latch on, but failing to make the simple acknowledgment gives the chronic complainers additional ammunition,and, more importantly IMHO, will also lead, as it has here, to folks who are not chronic complainers to be disappointed.

When someone twists a statement to suit their own negative purpose, that is not being honest.

Whis is what I said.

TubaDiva

Whis? Heh Heh.

This post is going to look stupid after you use your mod powers to fix yours.

Whisever. :slight_smile:

TubaDiva
We’re all one keystroke from disaster, you know.

Well Tubababe, you know I love ya but still, after saying:

and

and also,

I’d be willing to say that that’s just a bit beyond one keystroke from disaster. Looks to me as though you’re saying that since you disagree with catsix that you would REALLY prefer to ban her. That seems to me to be kind of blatantly wrong considering that she was right in her representation of what you said.

Not trying to stir up the bovine feces, just want a clarification is all.

Don’t put words in my mouth, please; I can do that fine by myself and do not need assistance.

TubaDiva

“What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!”

Shouldn’t you attribute that Quote? :wink:

Jim

You don’t think my choice of “Good Morning” for the example was accidental, do you?

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it :slight_smile: , but look at my location.

I think Wring is asking for more than should be expected, TubaDiva said no more than Catsix, both were snarky to each other.

Jim

BTW, here is how Ed explained the “misunderstanding” about cool stuff being “promised”:

So I guess in her rather antagonistic way, catsix was wondering allowed if Tuba’s secret baubles will “turn out” to be a no-go. Perhaps we’ll have to shell out a few bucks for the “more better stuff”.
And What Exit?, they may both have been bitchy but catsix had a legit point and Tuba called her a liar. That’s only “even” when breaking up a kindergardener fight and you just want it over. Though, now that I mention it…

well, yea, plus the refusal/failure to return and answer.

yep somewhat less than junior high.

Subtle? Check. Swift to anger? Continue the research…

Someone called someone else a liar? In the Pit? You don’t say?

:rolleyes:

You know, amazingly enough, as I read the initial posts in the ongoing DrMark pit thread, TubaDiva did not actually call Catsix a liar. She Snarkily implied that CatSix might be a liar. A subtle difference but a difference. This seems like an amazing amount of petty drama over a small incident. You disagree with me, that fine, I just see it differently.

Jim

Lemme guess, you didn’t believe Clinton got a blowjob until the blue dress showed up, right?

Not to be mean, but only a moron would have bought Tuba’s obfuscation as she called catsix a liar. It was clear to anyone not trying to pass the LSAT or to suck Tuba ass.

Apparently disagreeing is not fine. Should I now go on a 3 day rant complaining that you just called me a moron? I guess I can just let it go by and not care.
Actually that sounds like a pretty good idea. Enjoy.

Jim