How do you smell?

I finally stripped the hair colour out of my hair (light purple with red highlights on olive skin = good, really dark, almost black purple hair on olive skin = sickly) and bought a special shampoo for brunettes. There’s the John Frieda stuff at $16 a pop or Sunsilk for $6…I bought the sunsilk stuff and am very happy with it, but there’s a small side effect…

My hair smells fantastically delicious. I’m almost edible. Or edibubble. It’s not sweet or fruity but it says it has chestnut extract, that may be it. Either way it’s smooth and sensual; it reminds me of the smell of coffee, even though it doesn’t smell anything like coffee…it’s got a similar…body? I don’t know. But I smell good!

I also bought a new perfume; Burberry London. It’s fantastic.

So, lady dopers (and men, if you wish to share), how do YOU smell?

(No ‘with my nose’ jokes, please)

I’m hyper concious of the way that I might smell. I use all sorts of body wash (axe) , shampoos (Paul Mitchell), deoderants (Gilette), shaving creams (all sorts), lotions (Nivea Q-10), colognes (Issey Miake Blue por homme) and anything else I can get my hands on (Even Afta in a pinch). Just get told that you smell bad once in Jr. high and it can become an obsession. :smiley:

I smell like coconut soap. I luuuuurrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvveeeee coconut soap, so I keep some in my purse and use it at school and stuff. I even hide my stash at home so my sisters don’t get it. the smell just makes me happy.

:slight_smile: <- that’s me, after smelling my hands.

With my ears!!

Nowadays I smell of blackberry vanilla (from Bath and Bodyworks), but I get the most compliments when I use J’adore (Christian Dior perfume). A tiny spritz usually lasts most of the day. I don’t like most perfumes, but this one just seems so… me. :slight_smile:

HEY! That’s my line!

(Both my ears were used to rebuild my nose. Not the whole ear,. just some of the cartilage)

Terrible.

:smiley:

The Calgon bottle tells me I smell like a Caribbean orchid, and then there’s baby powder from my deodorant, and that clean soap smell, and a bit of the jasmine-lavender combo from the Herbal Essences shampoo I’ve been using. I love scents and smelling good.

Lessee now: Head and Shoulders shampoo, something or other shower gel, Gillette deo - I think it’s Arctic Ice or some such. Any other odiferious concoctions? I do believe not. As you might just have gathered, this is not a subject I pay too much attention to. I do make sure I’m not smelly, but beyond that, really, one shampoo or soap is much the same as another.

Right now, like I need to wash my hair.

But since the heating at home isn’t working, there’s no bloody way I’m showering in the bloody morning. Once the hair is washed I’ll smell herbal.

Today I am mostly smelling of apricot conditioner. The downside is that the cat seems inordinately fond of this particular product, to the extent that she gets onto the bed at night, sleeps on my pillow curled over my head, and in the night she starts licking and then chewing my hair.

Like soap, random hand lotions, which change after each (frequent) hand-washing, and faintly of bergamont, baby powder and coriander. The last three are from hugging grey parrots. Thats what they smell like if they are clean. Oddly, Bath and Body Works has a line of soaps and lotions with this exact scent. Perhaps I should just use one of the little squeakers as a powder-puff.

I do my best to buy unscented stuff because I generally can’t stand the overpowering perfumes the seem to be pervasive. My daughter used to come out of the shower smelling like a fruit salad, what with the body wash, shampoo, conditioner, facial scrub, deodorant, and who knows what else she used to use.

I just smell like me, all fresh and wholesome and like that there.

Right now, I can smell the faint tang of leather (from a cologne called “Saddle” by Demeter).

Today? I’m thinking it’s a “Paperback” day - another cologne (by the same company) that is their interpretation of the smell of a 60s-70s style paperback. I like it :slight_smile:

My hair? Smells like infusium 23 and styling product. Don’t use scented moisturizer or deodorant (don’t want to compete with cologne of the day).

Like raspberries and almonds, mostly. Side effect of my shampoo and conditioner.

Some days, like Burberry London, which I also love. It’s sort of subtle and nutty. It’s also not super popular, so I don’t smell like every third woman in the mall, which I like.

Me, too!

I’ve been using the same hair care stuff for years (Nexxus Therappe and Humectress) and it doesn’t register to my nose at all. My deodorant is non-scented Almay. Body wash is a generic version of something cool and cucumbery but isn’t strong.

So I’m not really sure how I smell to others, but I hope not awful!!

I smell like cinnamon soap that I bought at the farmer’s market a few weeks back. Before that, it was cedar soap.

Depending on what I washed with, I either smell like:

1. Bath & Body Works “Cotton Blossom” (one of my favorites-- it just smells so clean!)

2. A cinnamon-butter scented soap I bought at the Ren Faire. It’s an incrediby yummy smell. (Holiday Inn Express soap and shampoo is smells similar, but this is stronger.)

I smell like patchouli, which is the scent of the body lotion I use. (Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli)

I’ve read smelly threads there where there are people who gag over the scent of patchouli, but let me tell you, there are people here at work who LITERALLY stop by my office to sniff me. I am not making this up. People in public places are always asking me what it is that I smell like. Maybe it just comes off as yummy on me; I don’t know. I’m not a dirty hippie; that may be the difference.

Today (and most weekdays) I smell like Jo Malone’s Grapefruit perfume and Dove soap.

Come Friday, however, I will smell of pine and manzanita, campfire smoke and hound dog.

Both have their appeal.