Dopers posting from comic books

I know that Metropolis is where you go for good pizza and Gotham is where you go for good music, but I just thought I’d tell everyone about a pizza joint I found in Gotham.

Tahiti Pizza Pie, on Wayne and 3rd, and it’s run by this dude who swears up and down he’s from “Earth Two”. :dubious:

Don’t pay attention to the pamphlets; just eat the pizza. Trust me, good stuff.

There was a rumored Joker sighting when I was in town, but traffic was so bad I didn’t get a chance to see anything.

I went to Metropolis the other day day on a guided tour claiming that you’d be able to see Superman. Not a single sighting. What a jip.
I paln on going on the nuclear plant tour tomorrow. Cross your fingers! Maybe I’ll get superpowers

You sure are brave. I wouldn’t want to be in the same STATE as the Joker. :eek:

My house is a mess. Not my home - my house.

Last week at around 7:30, someone threw - yes, threw - a Buick - yes, a freaking Buick - through the front wall of my house. Apparently some FREAK calling himself “the Hulk” (yeah, original I know :rolleyes: ) was fighting some kind of slime-dripping monster-thing that had somehow commandeered a U.S. Army tank, and this “Hulk” bozo thinks it might help the situation if he THREW A BUICK INTO MY HOUSE.

The Army was nearby when it happened. Absolutely no help whatsoever. Laughed when I hollered at them to shoot the Hulk. Helicopter noise and gunfire kept me up all night.

I moved to Arizona from New York City last month, SPECIFICALLY to escape overmuscled twits throwing cars around while the authorities stand back and watch. Yeah, that was smart. :smack:

But the thing that really gets my panties into a bunch is when I file the insurance claim for the damage. I’m using Roxxon Life and Liability because their ads specifically addressed damage caused by superheroes and villians. But my claim was rejected within a day, because the damage was “an act of God” (I can’t make this up, folks.) I was there and I can tell you, it wasn’t God that tossed a Buick into my living room, it was that steroid-abusing green anomaly.

I got on the phone with the claims adjuster, and in the conversation he cheerfully mentioned that, since the Hulk is the result of a genetic mutation, any damage created by him is the direct result of forces beyond their control. But, says I, you don’t need to control the Hulk, you just need to cover my damages. Aha, he retorts (and I swear he’s chewing gum and blowing bubbles while he’s saying this) but just like household insurance can’t cover flood damage, it also can’t cover damage that was caused by freaks of nature engaged in their natural activities. I responded to this by pointing out that we don’t know that the Hulk is a mutant, there are websites that claim he was transformed by military experiments gone astray. So the insurance adjuster says, “take it up with the U.S. Army then,” and hangs up.

So. To the Hulk, and to Roxxon Life and Liability, I say this:

Text was removed because it violated decency rules established by the Comics Code Authority.

Really.

No, really.

I can’t take it any more. This is too much stress, and I’m in the most relaxed part of the country. I’m bidding on a vial of radioactive goo on eBay - if I get it, I intend to consume it just before visiting the Roxxon Life and Liability corporate headquarters. We’ll see how cheerful bubblegum boy is then!

Word of warning: don’t eat at the Gunga Diners. Trust me on this one.

Yeah, things are tough all over.

Here in Westchester county, I’ve just discovered that an alternate reality version of my future self has recently gone back in time and slept with my wife. I suppose I can’t blame her as she didn’t know at the time, but I’m left in the position of not knowing if my daughter is actually my daughter or - you know - my daughter.

It all get more confusing when you realise that at one time I myself was replaced by a Scrull who was himself replaced by a genetically enginered clone with memory implants who was further replaced by a Life Model Decoy.

I tell ya, it’s always something.

just retcon your past, it makes things much, much easier.

You know, I used to have this huge crush on this girl from the private school up the way when I was younger. Kitty. I keep looking for her at cons and throwing namechecks at people on forums, but it’s like she just vanished from all electronic records. Hell of a programmer, prototype geek girl. I know, she and Doug probably shacked up, started something in the .com era, and got richer than hell, she was always the practical type, but… dude, she was something else. Hell, I miss Doug. He taught me to swear in six languages and translated the Vietnamese in my GI Joe comics.

Hell ain’t so rich any more, not since that Spawn dude started making a mess of things.

Gee willikers. This is the nerdiest thing I’ve seen all day.

Say, you guys need to get out more.

:slight_smile:

Has anyone tried New Soder Cola? Geez, it tastes like $%&*@! It’s like Diet Soder with even worse after-taste.

Bring back original Soder!

Goodbyes from Bizarro World. We just didn’t get Internet technology here. Will not keep you updated on goings-on.

Can’t. Monitor duty.

Hey, I think I saw her over here a while back. She was hanging out with some bloke with an Essex accent; is that the Doug you mean?

Ever since I moved to The City, I’ve seen some odd things. Like the guy in the blue leotard with a necktie and a camera around his neck. Okay, I can deal with that. Really. I’d heard there were odd people in The City, this is just one of them.

When I was headed to work the other day, and a manhole cover opened and a guy wearing a sea urchin as a hat climbed out into the middle of the street, replaced the manhole cover, and nobody noticed, I thought that was extremely odd. Still, it’s something to write home about, and he seemed harmless enough.

Tonight, though, was the last straw. I was sitting at home reading, and I heard this loud crash from the backyard. When I ran to look outside, I saw some guy with a bullet-shaped metal helmet picking himself up out of a rather large hole in my newly-landscaped back yard. He apologized for the mess, asked if I’d seen a guy in a blue leotard, and when I said I hadn’t, he thanked me and left.

Tomorrow, I’m going home.

No way. He’s el nerdo supreme. Was. Hey, maybe college straightened him out. Brits… There was this blonde girl, walked like a hot poker got put somewhere, had this pommy accent. I think she was in Doug’s latin class. Uh, and the arts teacher with the purple hair. Way posh. I think she was a supermodel once. Like my music teacher’s daughter, Vanessa.

You know who I did keep in touch with? Dilton. Great guy. Doing fine, kid’s a second gen geek. Had to convince him that Tiberius was a bad name to saddle a kid with, though. He lived a bit south of me in Riverdale, but we met on the old bbses, and then at some of the hardware hacking things we did at the time. Good old days. Milkcrate robots and heathkit servos.

(Note: Relative locations are accurate, as to history.)

On the other hand, someone blew up the Whitestone again last week. Commute’s twenty minutes longer now, going to take Damage Control till next week to plug 'er back together.

I just got back from Star City…the place is still a blast, if you can ignore the wall. Kept expecting to see Governor Swartzenegger ride into town to throw down with Mayor Queen, though.

Managed to drive out to Coast City and San Diego on Saturday and Sunday.

Coast’s looking pretty good for a city that was wiped off the maps a few years ago. I mean, so’s Gotham, but they have a lot more practice with that crap, after the quake, and Clench and all that other stuff.

And San Diego’s just not as interesting since most of the cool parts of the city sank. I didn’t feel like doing a scuba crash course so I could visit Sub Diego, but it was pretty cool looking at it from shore.

In a few hours, I should have my thoughts on the Utopia Project controversy jelled enough to start a thread. I’m still not sure whether I should put in in GD or just figure that it’s going to end up in the Pit once people start chiming on on the behavior modification issue.

So, there I am, stuck in traffic, waiting on the Triboro, and my car tells me that it has to go help ‘the others’ who are in trouble, turns into a twenty foot tall robot, and runs off.

Second time that’s happened, too. Lost a junker back in the 80s that way.

Odd thing is, the first time I had ‘in 3-D’ in the tape deck. This time, I had just put in Straight out of Lynwood.

Think it’ll come back?