My Name is Earl 12/7

Whee! An hour to go to Mexico and retrieve Catalina.

“Mr. Turtle got into the pills. I have to keep flipping him over.”

To the pit of leeches!

(My love for this show is as great as my love for airplane pills.)

So what will happen when they get back to the US, I wonder? I’m rooting for Randy!

I loved Evil Mexican Earl and Randy. "Our friend was tired of living with his mother, so we kidnapped her and are going to make her smoke cigarettes until she dies.’
“This is the cruelest, least justified kidnapping I’ve ever seen.”

Also:
“WOLVERINES!!”

The whole bit with Randy and the sandwich just had me rolling.
“Did you know that when you die you come back as a sandwich? After I die if you see a peanut and bologna sandwich, that’s me. Eat it.”

I also loved the scene where Randy is in bed talking to Earl in absentia. They both really missed each other.

This episode really left me cold. Earl was a dick for most of it, and Joy stayed civil far too long (although my only real laugh came when she finally confronted the neighbors.) And for an episode centered around bringing Catalina back to the US, she was not featured nearly enough. (I got dibs.)

Hilarious episode! So many great moments:

Loved the bit where Randy is laughing about the bird that flew into the window and then he sees another bird inside and he runs into the window. I had to back that up and watch it twice!

Darnell was funny when he got flustered by the neighbors asking too many questions–about his butter buns!

“To the Pit of Leeches!” had me rolling, as did the Field of Rakes.

Also, the little girl’s conversation with Earl: “I was not offering to share–I was just holding it up because I am proud. I only get one a year.”

My favorite thing of all was the guy playing guitar and singing “Time After Time” in Spanish while following Randy. Clever callback to the cat lady episode. Then he starts playing “Eye of the Tiger” at the Pit of Leeches.

Oh! And Randy throwing his shoes at the airport: “Do it, Earl, you get to go to the front of the line.”

It took me a second to get this one, and when I did, I had to pause the DVR because I was laughing so hard…

…and then Randy singing along, except neither the English words nor the lyrics in Spanish, but just the words “in Spanish… in Spanish… in Spanish” over and over to the tune. Bahaha

They were lemon squares. Darnell also made some last season.

Good episode. Too bad we have to wait a while for a new one.

At last Earl had his eyes open for a photo. Um, sort of. :smiley:

I loved it when Darnell got his 'fro inadvertently spray-painted by the next-door neighbor who was getting rid of stains in the coffee mugs.

“Did you like the flan?”
“You mean the slimy brown stuff that I spat out…? It was OK.”

LOL!!!

Was that John Leguizamo as the Mexican gangster?

Yes it was.

Actually, I liked the flip of Earl being the helpless one and Randy being the strong one. And Joy was hilarious, and when Earl Jr got bonked on the head I knew Mama Bear was going to come roaring out. But her super-sweet confrontation of the neighbors was excellent.

I’m showing my ignorance here…I keep hearing “Snap” as a phrase, usually used in the context of “Oh, no, you didn’t just do that.” Where does that come from?

I thought the ep was hilarious - the break into “Eye of the Tiger” had me guffawing.

As for Snap - I have just assumed it is an evoluation from a combination of African-American Woman-Speak and Gay High-Drama Speak (two great sub-cultures that go great together!!). It started as “Oh, no you di-unt!!” (the pronunciation is key and something I would never attempt) complete with the Authority Snap™ used as punctuation - often with the Side-to-Side Head Shake. As this became accepted, it got shortened to where the snap on its own became sufficient. I have a clear memory of some Stereotypically Gay Characted in a Sitcom (SGCinSC) started saying “oh, snap!” when hearing about how someone crossed a line, but can’t remember which SGCinSC it was…

ElzaHub and I saw that part, and before Joy gave her ‘oh, snappity snap-snap-snap!’, we looked at each other and said ‘uh-oh…’. :smiley:

I thought it was a great episode. Definitely fun.

E.

Glad you all enjoyed it.
Every week I lose more interest in this show.
The only things that made me smile were Randy running into the window - and people stepping on rakes is always funny.
All the self-referential bits impressed me as - well, sorta patting themselves on the back as terribly clever, instead of funny in their own right.
Oh well.

Yes, I am lukewarm about it now. I have a soft spot for Randy and Darnell but that’s about it.

A sedate, calm Joy is VERRRRRYYYYY frightening. Very. :stuck_out_tongue:

VCNJ~

“Are you even in there, Joy?” - Darnell, peering in her eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

This episode definitely had some gems! I liked seeing “airplane anxiety” Earl, even though I definitely sympathized with Randy, having to play “big brother”/voice-of-reason for a change! We can’t have Earl always be perfect – he is still a flawed human being who will make mistakes, give in to his anxieties, etc.! THat makes the show a lot more fun!

The “dead child” sequence was creepy as all get out, but oddly satisfying! Very bizarre, but amusing!

I really enjoyed seeing Randy get to play hero! That was great! I sure hope that Catalina will eventually see him as a romantic interest (despite the “marriage”, I think she still sees him as a friend).

I think “nice, medicated” Joy was even more frightening than her usual self – because I knew that something was going to happen to break her out of her drug-induced pleasantness, I just did not know what … until her kid got whacked in the head! What a priceless scene! Joy is truly an awesome character!

By the way, I am totally smitten with Catalina! I hope they give her more screen time in future episodes – she is just so sexy!