I'm Engaged!

OK, I’ve been holding out on you for over a week now. Ice Wolf and a few others knew the day it happened, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to start the thread here. For the past three years and a half years, I’ve been dating a gentleman who’s smart, witty, kind an honorable. About ten days ago, he demonstrated his questionable taste in women by proposing. I’m now wearing my grandmother’s engagement ring as I type.

Yes, I’m happy. I’m also nervous. You see, this wedding will involve two countries, as well as two people! I may need advice on how to get through this and stay sane!

You folks have seen me through some lonely times, and I thank you for that. I also raise a glass to all the gentlemen here I’ve flirted with, especially No Clue Boy who gave me the guts to do this. Champagne, chocolate, hugs, and other good stuff all around!

Congratulations!

There seems to be an epidemic of Lurve breaking out around here.
Awesome!

Aaaw!! Congratulations!

It is still extremely cool news. :smiley: :cool: You’ve got my congrats all over again, Siege! :slight_smile:

Congrats! That’s great.

Enjoy entering wedding planning hell.

I’ll give you the same advice I got 16 years ago when I got married. Anything that goes wrong is just a memory. You won’t remember the 20 billion details that all went right. But, if you trip going down the aisle, you’ll remember that. In laws giving you grief? That’s a memory. Can’t find the ring? That’s a memory. Relax, go with the flow, and don’t expect everything to go perfect, because it’s guaranteed that it all won’t go perfect.

Congrats!

Marvelous news! Congratulations, Siege and Gentleman!

Congratulations!

Is there something in the water we should know about round here?

Congratulations. Wishing you both a lifetime of joy and happiness.

What’s with all the weddinging, we’re not in spring!

Congratulations… when come back, bring pics :slight_smile:

Mazel tov, Siege!

For humor breaks, I frequently suggest Etiquette Hell (and also as “lessons learned”).

tosses a handful of confetti and pops champagne cork Congratulations!

Hey Congratulations!

Great, another reminder that I will die old and alone.

I’m so so so SO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!

You know, all this love around here is making me smile! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Okay…first, congrats. Now…what’s with the two countries? Are you going to do the ceremony in both countries or are you bringing the foreigners here?

Congratulations, Siege! May you be gloriously happy, strong, and resilient in marriage! :slight_smile:

[sub]Bother. There goes another one of my Hopeless Doper Crushes…[/sub]

Woohoo! I knew it would happen for you Siege! And it really couldn’t happen to a nicer person. Congrats, best wishes, welcome to the club.

Congratulations.

Often harried father receiving phone call from college student daughter: “Hello”
Daughter: “Hi daddy, guess what, I’m engaged!”
Father: (thinking oh Og, not again)“In what?”

Congratulations, much happiness.