Japanese reading X-Men fans - A little help?

The current run of Joss Whedon-penned Astonishing X-Men is superb. Bit there is one little sequence that is bugging the crap out of me. To wit: In an effort to “encourage” and boost the morale of the younger students, Wolverine takes them all on in the dark. At the end of the melee, Hisako (I’m guessing) cusses out Logan in Japanese. He, of course, responds, also in Japanese. Hisako’s last words in the sequence are “I’m never going to make X-man.”

Can anybody give me a translation of what they said to each other?

Can you post a picture of it? I realize the page itself is under copyright, but can you take a shot of just the words?

If we’re talking about Astonishing X-Men #13, a comic book forum claims that the dialog roughly translates to:

Hot-cha! I knew I could count on a Doper to know. Thanks!

Shockingly, said translation is wrong.

Hisako: It’s shameful that a killer gorilla passes as a teacher here.
Wolverine: Aren’t you shaming your ancestors with your constant complaining?

is closer.

Damn I love this board. :smiley:

Ooh, thanks for that… I didn’t see the page in question myself, but I’m glad that somebody found a better version. :slight_smile:

No problem. I tend to take Japanese translations from the web with a grain of salt, and remembered the issue in question.

Marvel’s been using a fair amount of Japanese in their comics recently. What’s interesting is that the Japanese that shows up in Whedon’s issues is more or less perfect while the Japanese that shows up in Bendis’ issues (Daredevil, New Avengers) is usually atrocious.