Felch (n.), Felching (vbl. n.)

This is a serious, non-offensive post but I thought the Pitizens might have more to say on the subject than the inhabitants of the other forums.

The Oxford English Dictionary is going through another revision and, as usual, they are looking for readers to submit examples of particular words from particular dates.

Two of the many words of which they have appealed for examples are:

Felch (verb), antedate 1972; and

Felching (verbal noun [not the participle], antedate 1991

References must be to quotable, published sources. Information on how to contribute to the reading programme is on the OED website.

I don’t know of any references myself, but I’m sure one of the many felch-happy dopers must do.

Felch: To draw material from the rectum any of various hollow-horned, bearded ruminant mammals of the genus Capra, originally of mountainous regions of the Old World, especially any of the domesticated forms of C. hircus, raised for wool, milk, and meat orally by use of a cylinder shaped object. (ie straw)

Felching: To felch* as in to felch a goat *

I guess I won’t be needing this goat anymore.

Does anyone want to buy a goat with a slight aversion to straws?

So basically you’re telling me that felching is like using a goat as one would use a juice box with those little straws?

Sheesh, what a picture!

Why’s it always gotta be goats!!!

No, you can’t just make up a definition, you have to find a reference to it in a book. I know that someone reported reading about felching a few months ago, that reference is the one we need to dig up.

Or it could be a magazine or a newspaper, but it needs to be a published source, not the spoken word and probably not the Internet, unless it’s an on-line version of something which is published in hard copy. The lexicographers will come up with a definition themselves, but it will be based in part on the quotations submitted by readers.

The fact that they are looking for quotations to antedate 1972 and 1991 indicates that they already have quotes from those years.

I know I’m wromg but I always thought that Felching was what you did with Gerbils. Althought I don’t mean YOU personally, but rather “you” as in Hollywood stars.

Did anyone else think this? and what do you call that pursuit.

Felching is removing semen from your partner’s anal orifice with a straw. In jokes on the SDMB, it gets attached to goats a lot, but people really do this with each other IRL.

Gerbilling is the practice of putting gerbils up your ass that Urban Legends associate with movie stars.

–John

Let us not forget Felch, Michigan, which I still think would be a great place for a dopefest.

THEY DON’T USE A STRAW!!! Geez… why do people keep insisting that they grab a straw for this? It isn’t needed and is highly illogical.

I fail to see why it would be illogical to use a straw. Unless, that is, you have the ability to purse your lips into a small cylinder suitable for passing through the sphincter, and into the colorectal cavity, where the semen would be deposited. Otherwise, it would take a bit of pushing on the felchee’s part, don’t you think?

No, you just put your lips on the outside of the anus and suck. Not that difficult a concept. Note that I’ve never done this, nor would I, but I have performed analingus enough times to know how I would do it were I so inclined. I’ve also asked people who have actual experience doing this and they’ve agreed: no straw.

Goodness, that’s some serious sucking.

Never eat infront of the computer again.

But not on a Golden Retriever, right?

–Tim

i have searched and searched for this now I am bringing it to the top so that all the newbies (myself included) will finally have an understanding of…whatever it is.

Goodness, what an old thread.

Regardless, I’ll chime in - felching has not one whit to do with small furry animals, nor does it have anything to do with straws. Really, at that point, who cares about keeping their face neat n’ pretty by delicately holding a bendy-straw with one pinky extended? It’s not a mimosa, it’s jit!

Esprix

I need to use my .sig more often.

Apparantly, I need to learn how to use check boxes as well.