I have one question for Sarah Palin . . .

Sarah,

How do you really feel about your 17 year old daughter who is five months pregnant marrying an 18 year old rink rat who is a self proclaimed “fucking redneck” and who “doesn’t want children”?

If she’s OK with a situation like that she is delusional and doesn’t give a shit about her daughter. If she’s not OK with it the stop the facade and don’t be a party to the #1 shotgun marriage of all time.

If she’s OK with it she is not competent to be on a national ticket. If she’s not OK with it she is nothing other than an opportunist who is exploiting her family and not competent to be on a national ticket.

I know a lot about teenage kids. I’ve raised them. I know a lot about rink rats. I’ve devoted more time to playing, coaching and watching amateur hockey than most people have had contact with all of sports in their entire life. I understand the mentality, particularly those, like Levi, who aspire to be cementheads. (That being said, hockey players are much better than football and basketball players.)

If I have a 17 year old daughter who is facing these circumstances the LAST thing I would do is encourage them to get married. If I really care about my child I will raise the grandchild, encourage them NOT to get married and let them get some focus on their life instead of being tied to a child/man who has no intention of being a devoted husband and father.

If you saw the pictures today they cleaned up this dumb-fuck and trotted him out as husband material. Don’t we all know what a disaster it is for children to get married under these circumstances? Is anyone falling for this shit? Anybody that has had any contact with small towns has seen this stupidity over and over.

Republicans, practice what you preach. Value your family, don’t exploit it. You shouldn’t put frosting on shit and call it chocolate cake.

Just curious, do you have a link to the father-to-be’s statements? I’d like to use them as a cite elsewhere.

I agree with you in spirit but this lady’s stances are crazy enough that I think all these personal attacks are beyond unnecessary. A lot of great people were horrible at domestic matters; Buddha, Einstein, Clinton, etc.

His face book page was pulled pretty quckly. One thing that troubles me is acccepting the nomination knowing that national unwantd attention would come to my child. Can’t get over that.

Here’s excerpts from his MySpace page at the New York Post but you can pick and choose your own by Googling “Levi Johnston MySpace”.

You’ve got to be freaking kidding. You’re going to seriously sit here and declare exactly what kind of kid Levi is, based on a high-school facebook page that hasn’t even been updated since he met Palin’s daughter? You’re going to cast judgment on them? What kind of self-absorbed, holier-than-thou dipshit are you, anyway?

Has it occurred to you that maybe she loves him, he loves her, and Mom and Dad are supporting her? That maybe he’s actually a pretty good kid, despite being (Gasp!) a ‘redneck’ and a hockey player? OMG! Scum like that should never wed!

It’s not like this was a one-night stand. These two kids have been together for quite some time. Long before she got pregnant. The parents apparently approved of him before she got pregnant.

I swear, the flips and twists the so-called agents of ‘tolerance’ are going through to pick apart a woman’s private life and cast judgment on this kid is nothing short of astounding. There are plenty of people out there who are living happy lives who married their high school sweethearts. Even some who married the dreaded ‘rednecks’ of the world. And even some who had the decision forced on them by ‘circumstances’. I know a couple of them myself.

So take your judgmental, sneering attitude and stuff it.

Word. How is her personal life relevant? She scares the poo out of me, she seems like an airhead and a radical right-winger, but what happened to her daughter could happen to any parent

Wait, so he didn’t even say he didn’t want kids, he just selected it from a radio button. I’m no longer with you even in spirit, OP. Things like this worry me much more to give a shit what her daughter’s boyfriend’s Myspace page says.

You are the fucking dipshit. If he “loved” her and was ready for marriage they would be married by now, you fool. If you knew the first thing about kids, teenagers, teenage love and unwanted pregnancy you would have a fucking clue about the fact that this is labeled 99.5f% disaster and dressing it up with an unwanted marriage is abusing your child, not loving it.

So your 17 year old daughter comes home, tells you she’s pregnant to the local high school rink rat stud who has no potential and is a self proclaimed redneck and you’re jumping for joy at your daughter’s fine judgment. Have at it, dipshit. Good luck with that scene. If Sarah was so happy about this teenage “love” why did she have her daughter change schools? This is all bullshit and you should know it.

I’m not a Palin fan at ALL, but I don’t know what she could do that would be “correct”. You want her to badmouth the guy, the father of her future grandchild, to the national public? You want her to go out and say, “I don’t want my daughter to get married. I don’t care if that’s what she wants to do. I just don’t like it!”

Now, if Palin is forcing the two to get married–which, given her beliefs, isn’t beyond the realm of possibility–then yeah she’s a heartless witch. But if this is really the daughter’s high school sweetheart, then it’s really not the mother’s business what the two of them are going to do.

As I said in the last post, if she thought this had merit they would be married by now and she wouldn’t have shipped her daughter off to a different school where she would be away from the guy. Put the pieces together.

In your case it’s called “projecting”.

I hate getting into politics. Hate it. I have strong opinions, I generally keep them to myself. But this whole thing…the whole thing…it just gets under my skin.

I was pregnant at 16. I chose to keep my child. I can’t say I or my parents were ever ‘proud’ of that decision. It was just the right decision for me to make at that time given my personal beliefs. Considering I was even allowed to make that choice, well, for that I am grateful.

Does Sarah Palin get to be ‘proud’ of her daughter for choosing to carry her pregnancy to term, considering her own political agenda would deny her of that very choice? I don’t know. Maybe? I don’t know. Considering her very own political agenda would deny her basic sex education that could have prevented it? It’s hard to swallow.

I was pregnant at 16. I chose to keep my child. I chose NOT to marry his father. We didn’t screw in the back of a station wagon one night and get pregnant. I wasn’t the town slut. We’d dated for 3 years. He nearly died in a fire. We consummated our, well…love, even if it was young love. I adored him, but at 16, could I say I loved him only and he was the person I would spend the rest of my life with? No. His child, yes. Him, no. Well, not as husband and wife anyway.

So now the lovebirds will marry, because…why? It’s the ‘right thing to do.’ Puh-lease.

I have gay friends that have been together for over 25 years. They love each other, truly and deeply. But under Sarah Palin’s political belief, they can not legally marry. Their love and devotion to each other is not deserving enough to warrant them certain securities and rights.

But 2 children, unmarried, be it in the back of a minivan or in love on a bed of roses and not educated enough to protect themselves? Marry away! Have at it!

It’s honestly and truly all enough to make me sick.

Having an underage teenage pregnancy in the family can in no way possibly be spun by anyone including the soon to be grandparents as an optimal outcome.

Without going into whether parents can control or are responsible for the actions of their minor children, I can say unequivocably that this is a warning sign on Sarah Palin. All politicians have warning signs that indicate their character, values and how they may react. For me, too many warning signs and it’s a deal killer. IMHO Sarah Palin has an unacceptable number of warning signs, and an underage pregnant teenage daughter is probably one of the least worrisome signs she exhibits.:eek:

1. How do you know this is an unwanted marriage? Maybe they were planning to marry ‘some day’, and circumstances forced them to speed it up. This is not uncommon.

I see what you’re doing - you’re making the assumption that the kid came home, announced she was pregnant, and evil Republican Bitch Mom refused to let her get an abortion and demanded that she marry the boy, right? And that she used her Governor strong-arm tactics to force the boy to marry her? Is that about it? If so, you’ve got not one iota of evidence that that’s true.

Y’know what? She’s probably not ‘jumping for joy’. I’m sure this was not their preferred outcome. What she’s doing is supporting her daughter. What would you do if your 17 year old daughter came home and told you she was pregnant? March her down to the abortion clinic? Forbid her to ever see the boy she loves and who fathered her child? Demand that she give her baby up for adoption, or raise it as a single mom because the boy who got her pregnant isn’t good enough for her, based on the strong evidence that he plays hockey? Should Palin perhaps slap a scarlet letter on her child and banish her from the family?

Palin’s doing exactly what I would do, assuming these kids actually love each other. I’d support them, make sure they knew I loved them, and help them through it. I wouldn’t treat my daughter as a pariah, and I wouldn’t go around telling the world that I was disappointed in her.

I know, it must be hard to wrap your head around all that, what with your hate of rednecks and hockey players and conservatives and all.

Hey dipshit (your label), if Sarah was so supportive of the situation why did she ship her daughter off to another school that would separate the two lovebirds?

Spin it any way you want it. Just don’t get confused by reality and facts.

And if I had a 17 year old daughter that was pregnant and wanted to keep the baby the LAST thing I would do is encourage her to get married to some 18 year old guy who was a identified himself as a “fucking redneck”. Marriages like that are a recipe for disaster.

Sorry, but I think you’re putting way too much emphasis on that “fucking redneck” quote. I mean, it’s a freakin’ MySpace page. With everything I’ve seen and read online, I’m not about to go automatically assuming that whatever someone puts on a stupid MySpace page is 100% accurately reflective of its user’s personality. For all I know, all it may reflect is poor judgment about presenting a personal image and a little too much testosterone.

Never mind that I have absolutely no clue what someone calling himself a “redneck” is supposed to mean. I didn’t know it had some kind of objective definition about it that made it automatically a mark of shame. Especially since it’s being used by a kid who lives, not in the South, but in freakin’ Alaska. I wonder if he himself knows what it means.

There are some schools that are more accommodating towards pregnant teenagers and do a better job. Not sure if that is the reason, but you just can’t assume the move was solely a power play (pardon the pun) on Sarah’s part.

You should have been in the Olympics on the diving platform…your spin is the reason for a 3.9 difficulty rating.

Myspace would be the LAST place where honesty is out on display for all to see, but the FIRST place to see how egocentric and narcissistic people can be hiding behind a keyboard and monitor.

You are really assumptions are really gasping and grasping here…step back and take a deep breath.

Levi is at least made of hearty stock.

After all, he was having sex with a girl who had mono so severe she was out of school for 5 months, and yet it didn’t seem to affect him at all.

Randy teenagers, empty house, no supervision. Hmm.