Predict the next celebrity who'll come out of the closet (and when)

Obviously if they’re not out you don’t have to know for a fact they’re gay; just go with the g’dar.

I’ll take Anderson Cooper, mid-October.

Penny stock: Moe Rocca, before Christmas, with a candlestick in the library, or Billy Zane.

Wild card/long shot: George Clooney, March '09.
Really wild card/long shot: Tom Brokaw in a book called THE FABULOUS GENERATION will announce he’s had a 30 year affair with "an unnamed prominent actor best known for his work as the father on EIGHT IS ENOUGH, and once with a member of That 70s Show cast.

With the tanking of the new Metallica album, the latest of many, I think that Kirk Hammet will finally come out in the near future.

I think Seth Green will make the announcement in the near future also. A hunch based on lots of hearsay and some circumstantial evidence (e.g. he’s talked about his favorite books on a few shows- everyone of which has a huge gay following).

I’m going for Ricky Martin. Soon.

I’d go for Ricky Martin now. Oh, wait, that’s not the same thing. Sorry.

Well Lance Bass and Clay Aiken have set a precedent now for washed up former teen idols to come out of the closet long after everybody has forgotten who they are.

So Ricky Martin seems like a good guess. Or one of the Hansons.

One, I thought Death Magnetic sold fairly well.

Two, he’s married, I thought.

:confused:

Bit of a wild card: Wentworth Miller. Now that no-one seems to have much regard for Prison Break and it seems nearer cancellation he’s got less to lose. And he seems reluctant to embrace the closet as he’s never seen out with a girl on his arm – yet I’m guessing people behind the scenes wanted him to have a ‘beard’.

I think Anderson is pulling a Jodie Foster, and is never going to have to officially make a big deal about coming out. Eventually he’ll adopt a kid or something with his long-time “friend” and that will be that. I don’t see him making a big deal about it. His sexuality is one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood anyway.

I’d bet on one of those freaky Duggar kids. By this point, it’s almost statistically inevitable.

124:1 long shot pay-off if it’s Mr. Duggar (the husband/father).

I’d like to see Mike Rowe come out, if only because it would make my wife and I laugh a lot.

About a month or so ago, we were in the middle of a Dirty Jobs marathon, and I told my wife that I think it would be great if Mike Rowe came out of the closet in the near future. He’s such a … guy … that I think it would really upset the world view of a lot of working class men who likely watch the show (I’m looking at you, Dad). I starting laying out all the evidence. He has a large vocabulary, he sings opera, he got his start in theater, he’s unmarried, and he lives in San Fransisco. Must be gay, right?

Saturday, I saw this piece: http://gawker.com/5055827/dirty-man-is-number-one-gay-fantasy-guy. He didn’t deny it!

In all honesty, I doubt he’s gay, and I frankly don’t care one way or the other. We just have fun trying to spot all the “clues” that he’s gay when we watch Dirty Jobs.

Has Sam Champion come out or been outed?

We should do this every year in December along with the Death Pool.

Count me in on this one, but I think it will be more like another two or three years. Less than five.

And yeah, Mike Rowe… that would be hilarious.

My money is on Kevin Spacey, sometime in the next 12 months (especially with the photos that recently surfaced).

I’d also bet that Ricky Martin will come out within the next 6 months - he adopted just months after Clay Aiken announced his impending fatherdom, so I’m guessing he’ll follow suit with the People magazine “Yes I’m Gay” cover story.

As far as who’s NOT coming out, I’m betting on Anderson Cooper playing coy for a looooooong time. He’s had ample opportunity, and it’s not like everyone doesn’t know already. Same goes for Wentworth Miller.

Those are just mugshots of him in pretty standard clothes.

George Clooney … I definitely get the vibe from him, but not when he’s acting, only in interviews.

I’ve gotten the same vibe from his interviews. Spending time with his guy pals seems more important to him. Not that that means much, but it’s a different vibe.

Leonardo Dicaprio should, but I doubt he will.

Doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but I will say I have heard him confess to having a major crush on Amber Benson as a youngster in the business ( before either was on Buffy ). It was on the DVD commentary of coughCan’tHardlyWaitcough, in which she had a bit part which was largely cut ( she played a very stoned girl ).