Poll: Do guys eat yogurt?

Okay, the epitome of pointless, I know, but it occurred to me the other day that I have never seen a commercial for a yogurt product of any kind that featured, or even included, a man. I mean, it seems like you’d be more apt to see a guy in a Tampax commercial, for Pete’s sake. Usually just a woman twirling around in a dress with a spoon in her mouth, looking orgasmic :rolleyes:.

So what of it? Any yogurt-eating guys out there, or are advertisers 100% right in not targeting you in any way whatsoever?

Reports of yogurt-eating-man sightings welcome as well.

No, I don’t eat yoghurt. I don’t like the taste.

I think it’s the ad for Yoplait, she’s on the phone describing all the deserts she’s having on her diet, he’s digging through the refrigerator trying to find the deserts only to find out it’s all yogurt flavors.

And I eat yogurt.

I’m female, and I hate it. But my dad eats it all the time. He’s got a whole fridge full of the mini yogurt cartons.

Almost forgot: Michael Weston :smiley:

Armenian male here. A day without a small bowl or glass of jajik or tahn is like a day without sheep nookie.

Of the six people living in my house (3 male, 3 female) only two of us eat yogurt regularly - one male and one female.

Figured I’d throw that in there to increase your sample size.

Yoplait Introduces New “Texas-style” Yogurt - to “Feed Man-Size Hunger For Yogurt.”

Sure - I’m a guy, and I eat yogurt. I prefer rasberry, although any berry other than strawberry will do.

I like to mix it with cottage cheese, granola and a diced banana. Yum.

I also like “real”, or plain, yogurt - no fruit, no sweetening. You can find them wherever there are large Greek or Balkan communities.

I do sometimes. It is more common in other countries for men to eat it than in the US, IME. It’s very common in some places for cereal instead of milk.

Yeah, I’ve always enjoyed yogurt–and I remember ads with men in them in the 80s, but none since then.

All the time. All the freaking time. Plain, flavoured; you name it, I’m eating it. Except for Greek style; I don’t like the texture there. Sliminess and I just don’t get along.

Of course, this might have something to do with the fact that I’m Indian, and yoghurt is deeply embedded in Indian cuisine.

Yup, and every form that I have tried so far… Go-Gurts are the best IMO…

My dad likes yogurt and so does at least one of my two BILs. I’m a chick, so I’m genetically predisposed to like it.

I’m not really a fan of yoghurt, but I do like Muller Fruit Corners. Male, BTW.

My ex-boyfriend loved yogurt…

Personally I can take it or leave it. If it’s the kind with a handy lil’ container of granola or chocolate on top, I may eat it. But that’s a maybe.

I don’t care very much for any kind of food that’s “ooozy.” I hate chocolates with liquid/soft fillings, I hate fruit-filled pastries, I hate eggs that aren’t scrambled…

Unless the “ooozy” item is cheese, it kinda grosses me out.

And yogurt definitely oozes.

Add something crunchy to it and we may have a deal though.

I think yogurt ads directed at women–like the current ads mentioned–are kinda offensive. I know that women are obviously the target market, but this whole notion that a small container of “cheesecake yogurt” is going to a.) make my boyfriend raid the fridge like a moron, looking for the real thing, and b.) make me magically lose ten pounds because I’ll skip cheesecake for yogurt?

Whatever.

I eat some nearly every morning at breakfast. It’s a good source of protein.

I eat it, but it takes more than one of those little things to make a dent in my hunger. Especially now that they have reduced them all from 8 oz to 6 oz.

Most of the yogurt ads seem to be aiming for the diet market, which they tend to aim at women.

Danone Actimel
Yoplait Yop

I can’t find them on YT, but there’s at least two ads for Danone Activia featuring a man swiping the yogurt from an office fridge (the first has him come into the kitchen while the real owner is looking for it, and deny taking it, despite having the belly dancer overlay that everyone who eats Activia in the ads gets, the other has him looking for it, and she comes in and pulls it out of its hiding place while giving him a smug look).

I can’t QUITE tell for sure, but I think the first person shown in this ad is a man…if not, it shows you the belly dancer overlay I was talking about above.

Incidentally, Danone happens to be my favourite brand of Yogurt. Activia made my last illness and anti-biotic course far less miserable.

I don’t eat that fruity yogurt in a plastic cup you’re talking about, but yogurt often finds a place in my cooking. Either just because, or because it’s a healthier alternative to some other creamy ingredient.

I try to eat light fruity yogurt for breakfast from time to time because it seems healthy but I never get into it.