Is pissing in public (as in behind some bushes) such a bad thing??

This is in regards to this news-worthy story, sarcasm intended.

I mean, what guy has never peed in public after having a few drings with friends… if you gotta go, you gotta go. LOL, even at home I sometimes can’t be bothered to go inside the house and I’ll just relieve myself against the fence.

Anyway… is this really that bad??? Am I just weird??

I don’t think it’s that bad personally. Personally I don’t think restaurants and bars should even be allowed to have a ‘for customers only’ policy for bathrooms particularly when there is no public alternative.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. And if you don’t go, when you go to go you find out you’ve already gone.

If you make an effort to maintain some decorum; i.e., concealing yourself behind some bushes or a dumpster, I’d call it good. If you do not conceal yourself well enough, so that someone can casually snap a photo of you in flagrante delicto – especially if you are a ‘personality’ – then you get what you get.

As for home, I should think that the toilet isn’t that far away. (Although I did make a salesman urinate in the bushes, as he was very anxious to get inside of my home and I had made it abundantly clear before he came over that he would not be allowed inside of the house.)

When I was training, my instructor had me land the helicopter in a field while he stepped outside for a leak. I should have switch the mic. to PTT instead of leaving it hot. Not that there was anything to hear, but it just seemed weird to me.

It’s not that bad at all-unless you play rugby. Then you better keep it in your pants.

If enough people piss in a non-toilet area, then it tends to reek like piss. Examples I remember well include the stairwells of parking garages. On a hot day, that’s especially awful.

Plus anyone with an interest in keeping their lawn looking nice knows that too much urine tends to “burn” (brown) the grass.

On the “plus” side, drunken public urinators can be funny. A house across the street was having a teenage house party, and a guy came outside to pee behind a tree. “Behind” being identified by him as between the house and him. He picked one in their front yard, near the street, visible to us across the way and anyone passing by.

Or hope there’s no one with a camera.

http: //www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/soccer-pee.jpg

(Link broken – NSFW)

that made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

PS… you’re from Toowong… hey… I work here - Corronation Place on Benson st :stuck_out_tongue:

HA… that IS a skill… one time I tried that, in an effort to be less spicuous, I wet my pants :smack:

FWIW in Munich city parks it seems permissible to go pee in the trees. People lie about in the grass sunbathing nude. I think there may be some American prudery and somehow conflating urination with forbidden sex driving some of the upset here.

An isolated case of public urination isn’t a big deal. It becomes a problem when a lot of people start urinating on a regular basis in an area and makes everything reek.

Odesio

In general, my understanding is that pissing in public is charged as indecent exposure, which does, in general, require one to register as a sex offender.

No, its not that bad. Its not even bad. Just don’t let kids see you, else you’ll end up on the sex offender registry, if all goes wrong.

I vaguely recall when I was stationed in Germany in the early 1990’s that German law said that public urination, even on the side of the road, was OK as long as the pissee was facing away from public view and attempting to be discreet.

I may be wrong. Of course random drunks just whipping it out and pissing anywhere is wrong, but I don’t see much harm in going into the bushes if that’s what nature dictates, whether you’re drinking alcohol or not. Humans have probably been doing that forever.

Off topic on my own thread… but to show that at least our government cares about our bladders

I don’t know about the law, but the Germans I know are more permissive of this sort of thing.

Heute urinieren wir in Deutschland. Morgen die Welt!

Today ve piss in Germany. Tomorrow, ze vorld!

Oh gosh I never thought I’d spend so much time considering this issue, but here are some reasonable parameters.

• Do it only in the event of a fairly serious emergency with absolutely no immediate access to a proper facility.

• Go out of your way to assure you are not seen by anyone at all.

• Do not go on anything particularly beautiful or decorative, public parks should pretty much be off limits

• Prevention is key! Go before you leave or don’t drink a gallon if you know you will likely be separated from a restroom for a while

• Don’t make a habit of it er 'nuthin!

I really don’t know how you could begrudge any poor soul who follows these basic rules of consideration. Unless someone tried to make a slippery slope type of argument, in which case they probably take themselves kinda seriously on a lot of matters.

I have no qualms about admitting it’s happened to me a time or two, stuff happens.

I guess if its good enuf for a prince, then it should be ok for the rest of us…

http: //www.celebitchy.com/23123/prince_william_photographed_peeing_on_a_fence_in_all_his_glory/ (NSFW link broken)

ETA - how many guys here have never taken a leak outside?

Don’t know about an actual law (the statute will not be as specific as that), but public urination is conceptualized as a pollution issue not an indecency issue in Germany.

“In public” has quite some range to it. Hiking in the woods for hours practically forces one to piss in public, unless you own enough private woods to hike through for hours.