House season premiere 9/21 [OPEN SPOILERS]

House is trying to detox and stop hallucinating while residing in the psychiatric facility. Two hours, everyone!

The 2hr season premier runs a minute long, so set your DVR accordingly.

A whole minute!
Oh wait, I thought you meant the entire episode was a minute long.
I’ll just get my coat and move along shall I?

ETA: I love this show. My life is incomplete without a current US export TV drama (Lost, Prison Break, House)

I am so psyched (heh).

Too many shows have something important happen to a character, then next week or next season everything is back to normal. I was relieved to find House wasn’t going to be like that.

i can’t wait until the end of the season when they give us the Bobby Ewing treatment

I think they’re pulling a Beautiful Mind twist with House’s roommate.

Escaped mental patients at a county fair. :wink:

I’m loving this. Hugh Laurie is incredible.

I tuned in a few minutes late. Who’s the woman House kissed, and what was the deal with the meal at the restaurant?

The woman House kissed is the best friend of the catatonic chick with the dark hair.

It was a fundraiser or something for the hospital. He was there as therapy, to try to talk openly about himself to strangers.

Where the fuck was Wilson?

Of course he wouldn’t help house with his schemes, but was he forbidden to have any contact with him?

Yes. House tried contacting Wilson, but the latter had been given instructions not to do anything for him nor to take any calls from him. Wilson said so to House and hung up.
That was pretty early in hour 1 of the show.

She was also her sister-in-law. She’s married to Catatonic Chick’s brother.

I really liked this week’s episode, and I felt like the PSA at the end was something that’s rarely really said, and needed to be said about psychiatric treatment, ya know?

Then again, I’m sure there will be plenty of people who disagree and can point to their own sucess stories without Doctors and Meds and “the system”, but I really did think that this weeks episodes did a really great job of trying to show what was going on. Also, I really liked that House didn’t pull a House and was able to cure someone. I kept expecting it to happen at some point- glad they left that one realm of medicine untouched to him this time around.

Although there were many great lines and superb acting (as usual), I have to disagree with the portrayal of the psych hospital. After logging several stays for myself, I can tell you that House wouldn’t have been on that severe a ward or the patients themselves wouldn’t have all been stark raving mad. I think the show did a serious disservice to themselves by taking the easy stereotypical route. :frowning: They don’t do that with anything else, so I’m doubly surprised that they’d do so now, especially in the season opener.

But maybe I’m the only one who felt that way.

Nope. Been in a couple times myself, and I had the exact same thought.

I liked the way House plucked the stocking cap off that one dude early on and put it on himself. An obvious reference to R.P. McMurphy, IMHO…TRM

I agree with you fully, Tim.

My wife was totally accepting of, and didn’t want to hear my bitching about how Hollywood formulaic it was to have the woman speak. Yeah, most of the things that happened were a reference to “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and I guess she was the chief. But still, having her talk ruined it for me.