The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 AM

Jimi Hendrix Was Murdered

The official cause of death for Jimi Hendrix was always listed as choking on vomit due to a barbiturate overdose. However recent revelations show that foul play was involved.

Upon reading an account of Hendrix's death in a book the attending emergency room doctor, Dr Bannister, came forward to say he experienced an unusual amount of wine in Hendrix's lungs, stomach, and hair. He determined that Hendrix had not choked on his own vomit but had been drowned in wine instead. He said that when he unplugged the vomit from Hendrix's windpipe an unusual amount of wine gushed out, like bottles worth, and that he had never experienced anything like it. In his opinion the vomit occurred after Hendrix had drowned, as occurs in many drowning victims. This incidence was accompanied by a negligible level of alcohol in the blood. It's a simple fact that you can't have bottles worth of wine in your body and not have a corresponding blood alcohol level unless the wine was forced quickly and death soon followed. This is the firm forensic of murder.

What furthers this is the fact Hendrix had 9 Vesperax sleeping pills in him at the time. Eric Burdon of the Animals claimed Hendrix committed suicide, but the coroner said 9 Vesperax was not enough to kill Hendrix alone. Also, there were 50 Vesperax available at the time so if Hendrix intended to kill himself he would have taken more. So it stands to reason that Hendrix could not have administered a large amount of wine into himself while knocked-out on Vesperax barbiturate. This forensic is quickly indicating that Jimi Hendrix had a large amount of wine forced down his throat while incapacitated on sleeping pills. That is the forensic of murder.

It wasn't until the early 1990's that anyone bothered to question the ambulance attendants who treated Hendrix. When they did they found that the main witness, Hendrix's girlfriend Monika Danneman, had told a false story. She claimed she woke up and found Jimi unresponsive but was afraid to call for help lest it be unnecessary and Hendrix would be angry. She eventually called Burdon who told her to call an ambulance and that Hendrix was alive when she accompanied him to the hospital. The attendants said they found nobody there and that Hendrix was obviously dead. They followed procedure and called a constable and that nobody accompanied Hendrix to the hospital.

It's a long story, but eventually Hendrix girlfriend Kathy Etchingham sued Monika Danneman and managed to get her subpoena-ed where she would be forced to explain the conflicts in her accounts. Danneman was found dead from fumes in her Mercedes shortly after. With that the only known person with Hendrix when he died was gone along with any chance of knowing what exactly happened.

Recently a road crew member came forward and revealed that Hendrix's manager Michael Jeffery confessed to him that he had murdered Hendrix because he was about to fire him and it would have ruined him financially. The crew member James "Tappy" Wright said Jeffery had borrowed money from the mafia he would have been unable to repay had Hendrix fired him and that an insurance policy Jeffery had on Hendrix was incentive to kill him. However, some say there was no such policy and no one has been able to identify one. After Hendrix's death Jeffery was flush with cash. The money was probably the money he had ripped-off from Hendrix - which was Hendrix's reason for firing him.

In any case, Wright said Jeffery had told him he was in London that night and got some street tough friends to go to Monika's flat and shove pills down Hendrix's throat followed by wine. There's a couple of problems though, Jeffery was said to be in Majorca, Spain that night. Also, the sleeping pills were in Hendrix long enough to register in his blood stream and incapacitate him, so the story doesn't jibe. This brings suspicion on Wright's story. However the drowning part does fit the forensics.

This really all comes down to Monika Danneman. She admitted to UPI reporter and friend of Hendrix Sharon Lawrence that she tried to wash 'sick' off of Jimi with wine. But who washes vomit with wine??? Besides the forensic says there was a large amount of wine forced into the body, not any shallow penetration by surface washing. So this is yet another example of a bogus story from Danneman.

A member of Hendrix band's inside circle said they were sleeping on a couch in Michael Jeffery's Electric Lady Studio's office where they couldn't be seen and overheard Jeffery telling Danneman she was going to help poison Hendrix. I can't vouch for the veracity of this story but it makes sense in light of what happened. Wright said he never came forward because Hendrix girlfriend Devon Wilson was thrown from the 8th floor of Manhattan's Chelsea Hotel a few months after Hendrix's death. She had been going around telling people Jeffery murdered Hendrix.

A Hendrix author said Eric Burdon admitted he found Hendrix dead when he arrived at Danneman's flat. They were concerned any drugs found in the flat would bring heat down on the London rock community so they cleaned the place out and left before the ambulance arrived. Burdon can't come clean on this because lying to the Inquest is a serious matter. So that explains Danneman's false story - but it doesn't explain the manner in which Hendrix died.

It's becoming clear that Danneman either witnessed Hendrix being murdered or was told to go get some cigarettes while the foul deed was done. The scene she would have arrived back to witness fits her story.

Michael Jeffery was with British MI5 intelligence during his national service. Some are speculating his murder of Hendrix was government influenced. He had bragged he had killed people and friends said he had done insurance scams as well.

Scotland Yard refuses to re-open the case and admit evidence of murder.
Advertisements  
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM

I think the real question here is, was Jimi Hendrix actually the Duke of Clarence?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM

How do you force someone to drink when they're knocked out?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
BANNED

Dunno. I don't think I care one way or the other. The only thing that matters is that a brilliant talent died so young.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Where are you getting all this?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post

Hold their head back and shove wine bottles down their throat. The breathing action will take care of the rest.

I don't see the logic in anyone saying they hold Jimi and his talent in esteem but just want to let him flap in the wind while he's murdered because it's easier for them.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo Jim View Post
Where are you getting all this?

Books, articles, internet.

The most recent was the June 2009 claim by road crew member James 'Tappy' Wright that he heard Hendrix's manager confess he had murdered Hendrix. It then spurred a resumption of the original claims dating back to 1992 when friends of Hendrix approached Scotland Yard.

Michael Jeffery, Hendrix's manager, died in a mid-air commercial jet collision over France in 1973.

Google: Hendrix Murdered
Old 01-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I Am the One Who Bans

Modding

Moved to Cafe Society from Great Debates.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm glad we got that cleared up. Now we can finally move on.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

I don't at all believe tnis story.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast View Post
Hold their head back and shove wine bottles down their throat. The breathing action will take care of the rest.
Yeah...um not likely. What was likely is that Hendrix drank the wine. You might as well suggest that he was forced to swallow the pills at gunpoint. I guess anything is possible.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post
Damn businessmen. They drank Jimi's wine, then plowmen dug his earth.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Was it his own vomit? You can't dust for vomit.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Upon reading an account of Hendrix's death in a book the attending emergency room doctor, Dr Bannister, came forward to say he experienced an unusual amount of wine in Hendrix's lungs, stomach, and hair. He determined that Hendrix had not choked on his own vomit but had been drowned in wine instead.
Any particular reason why he didn't bother mentioning this to anybody 40 years ago?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffy the Elephant Shrew View Post
Any particular reason why he didn't bother mentioning this to anybody 40 years ago?
Because it was a conspiracy. Probably between J. Edgar Hoover, Nixon and Ted Kennedy.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

I have read about a bunch of this stuff, but have no dog in this hunt about Hendrix' death. It seems more complex than it needs to be; sometimes a stupid rock death is a stupid rock death...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

If this Dr Bannister knew of evidence of murder, why didn't he report it at the time? Presumedly he had no reason to cover it up.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
I think the real question here is, was Jimi Hendrix actually the Duke of Clarence?
Depends on whether the wine was in his lungs or in his butt.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck View Post
Depends on whether the wine was in his lungs or in his butt.
You should get the sack for that one.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:12 PM

So, what happened in the Bruce Lee case?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Because it was a conspiracy. Probably between J. Edgar Hoover, Nixon and Ted Kennedy.
Nonsense. If Kennedy had been involved, they would have drowned Hendrix; if Hoover had been involved, Hendrix would have been found in drag; and if Nixon had been involved, the whole thing would have been recorded.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Upon reading an account of Hendrix's death in a book the attending emergency room doctor, Dr Bannister, came forward to say he experienced an unusual amount of wine in Hendrix's lungs, stomach, and hair.
That's the key...he was experienced.
Quote:
He said that when he unplugged the vomit from Hendrix's windpipe an unusual amount of wine gushed out, like bottles worth, and that he had never experienced anything like it.
That's what it says in the medical examiner's report. In the space provided for alcohol content, it specifically says "Like, bottles worth, man."
Quote:
This is the firm forensic of murder.
It's a no-doubter.
Quote:
Scotland Yard refuses to re-open the case and admit evidence of murder.
Obviously, they were in on it. Just like COINTELPRO and the government hierarchy who saw Hendrix as a dangerous leader of the young, as Cynthia McKinney has been telling us. if you can't trust Cynthia, who can you trust? It's all down here, or most of it.

And the wind cried...bottles of wine.

Why didn't Hendrix ever record "Bottle of Wine"? It's pretty obvious now, isn't it?

Last edited by Jackmannii; 01-19-2010 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: gotta go, horsemen are approaching
Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
Nonsense. If Kennedy had been involved, they would have drowned Hendrix.
But they did drown him! Read the OP!!!!!111 ::cue shrieking violins::
Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skammer View Post
Was it his own vomit?
It was somebody else's vomit. The police said it was the kind of thing you don't want to investigate.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
It was somebody else's vomit.
Brian Jones's.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Upon reading an account of Hendrix's death in a book the attending emergency room doctor, Dr Bannister, came forward to say he experienced an unusual amount of wine in Hendrix's lungs, stomach, and hair.
I guess that's what they mean by The Jimi Hendrix Experience? Sounds unpleasant.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Charter Member

I suppose the wine gushed out in a purple haze.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I Am the One Who Bans

Would've gone much faster if he'd used a Machine Gun. Just saying.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 PM

Jimi Hendrix was in the 101st Airborne Division and a paratrooper. I doubt some street punks could have overpowered him without leaving signs of a fight.
Quote:
In any case, Wright said Jeffery had told him he was in London that night and got some street tough friends to go to Monika's flat and shove pills down Hendrix's throat followed by wine.

Last edited by aceplace57; 01-19-2010 at 09:19 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
But they did cue shrieking violins::
I can hear them in a distance...I think they're calling our names.

Sorry, that was the best I could do, since THANKYOUMRSCAMMER stole what I had.

hh

Last edited by handsomeharry; 01-19-2010 at 09:29 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
It was somebody else's vomit. The police said it was the kind of thing you don't want to investigate.
If the vomit doesn't fit, you must acquit!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
Nonsense. If Kennedy had been involved, they would have drowned Hendrix; if Hoover had been involved, Hendrix would have been found in drag; and if Nixon had been involved, the whole thing would have been recorded.
That reminds me of a joke:

Nixon, Clinton and Ted Kennedy started a law firm and named it...

Trickem, Dickem and Dunkem.

Rim Shot

Back to "Jimi, murderd?...or death by natural rock star causes?"

Last edited by koufax; 01-19-2010 at 10:14 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM

If you look around and Google, I've read remarkably similar stories about how Jim Morrison was murdered.

Last edited by The Second Stone; 01-19-2010 at 10:34 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 PM

Janis Joplin has a lot of conspiracy theories too.

I'm not sure people today can relate to the massive amounts of drugs these people experimented with. It's amazing stars like Grace Slick, Mick Jagger, and others survived the 60's.

Last edited by aceplace57; 01-19-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffy the Elephant Shrew View Post

Tappy Wright came out with his book last June. He gives the excuse that he was intimidated by what happened to other people connected to Hendrix. For instance, Devon Wilson, his girlfriend from Harlem somehow fell from the 8th floor of Manhattan's Chelsea Hotel 5 months after Hendrix died. She had been going around telling people Jeffery murdered Hendrix. There was scant investigation of either death, so I guess I could somewhat understand Wright shutting up. I think he feared either the murderers, the mafia, or perhaps even groups above that.

On the other hand, Wright was of the level of the thugs who allegedly murdered Hendrix. The cynic in me doesn't totally trust Wright and I suspect he knows more than he's telling. I could be wrong but he speaks with the sound of inside knowledge in his radio interview. Specifically when the host says "So Hendrix died this way" and Wright abruptly responds "No, it didn't happen that way, it happened this way". An interrogating detective would jump right on that and ask Wright "How do you know it happened that way?" But I don't want to digress into peripheral speculation. The main point is there is forensic evidence of murder - and an alleged confession.

Listen to Wright for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HHSGpSjgc
Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
If this Dr Bannister knew of evidence of murder, why didn't he report it at the time? Presumedly he had no reason to cover it up.

One of the few non-troll responses and a good question, thanks.

Bannister said he was reading a book on Hendrix while retired in Australia and came upon the part dealing with all this. He said it spurred his memory and suddenly made him realize there was merit to what was being alleged. He then felt a moral responsibility to come forward. He said at the time he honestly thought Hendrix was just another 60's drug overdose. The problem was the Inquest had believed Monika Danneman's story and based itself on it. No one questioned or cross-examined her story. The problem with the Inquest was Eric Burdon had come forward to suggest Hendrix had committed suicide. So the Inquest was biased in the direction of trying to prove or disprove accusations of suicide. No one brought forth any suggestion of murder. In the end the Inquest ruled there was no evidence of suicide and ruled an "open verdict", death by choking on vomit while incapacitated on barbiturate.

Of course if this all happened in America there would be lawsuits over malpractice, malfeasance, and a whole slew of incompetence charges. But this happened at a time when there was institutionalized bias against blacks, not to mention drug culture figures. There was nobody to come to Hendrix's defense and the one person who should have done so, Michael Jeffery, is probably the same person who murdered him.

In the early 1990's some of Hendrix's friends got the ball rolling on this and confronted Danneman. That was the scene that partially prompted Dr Bannister to come forward. Scotland Yard was petitioned to re-open the case but in 1993 ruled there wasn't enough evidence. Obviously there was enough evidence, so their ruling draws suspicion. It makes one ask what things they didn't want exposed?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I Am the One Who Bans

Moderating

Quote:
One of the few non-troll responses and a good question, thanks.
Do NOT call other posters trolls in this forum, or any SDMB forum outside of The BBQ Pit.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Tappy Wright came out with his book last June. He gives the excuse that he was intimidated by what happened to other people connected to Hendrix. For instance, Devon Wilson, his girlfriend from Harlem somehow fell from the 8th floor of Manhattan's Chelsea Hotel 5 months after Hendrix died. She had been going around telling people Jeffery murdered Hendrix. There was scant investigation of either death, so I guess I could somewhat understand Wright shutting up. I think he feared either the murderers, the mafia, or perhaps even groups above that.

On the other hand, Wright was of the level of the thugs who allegedly murdered Hendrix. The cynic in me doesn't totally trust Wright and I suspect he knows more than he's telling. I could be wrong but he speaks with the sound of inside knowledge in his radio interview. Specifically when the host says "So Hendrix died this way" and Wright abruptly responds "No, it didn't happen that way, it happened this way". An interrogating detective would jump right on that and ask Wright "How do you know it happened that way?" But I don't want to digress into peripheral speculation. The main point is there is forensic evidence of murder - and an alleged confession.

Listen to Wright for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HHSGpSjgc
The question was why the ER doctpr didn't say something 40 years ago, not this Wright guy. The ER doc wouldn't have known anything about these other people nor been intimidated by them.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
That's the key...he was experienced.That's what it says in the medical examiner's report. In the space provided for alcohol content, it specifically says "Like, bottles worth, man."It's a no-doubter.

The only reason I'm answering this troll response is because it suggests serious conclusions that are easily disproven.

For instance the flame above is easily made to look as silly as it is because the doctor specifically said there was a large amount of wine that he witnessed that was equal to bottles worth and that there was a half bottle of wine in Hendrix's hair alone and more saturated in a towel wrapped around his neck. Dr Bannister specifically recalled that they had a large suction syringe used to remove fluids from the windpipe and that he had removed several tubes worth of wine and it was still flowing out. He said he had never witnessed anything like this and that it was unusual.

So, contrary to the clownish entry above, the amount of wine was credibly recorded by the doctor and testified to. This corresponds to an allegedly witnessed confession that Hendrix was drowned in wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
Obviously, they were in on it. Just like COINTELPRO and the government hierarchy who saw Hendrix as a dangerous leader of the young, as Cynthia McKinney has been telling us. if you can't trust Cynthia, who can you trust? It's all down here, or most of it.

I'm not sure what point you are making here? So far the facts seem to be backing those claiming murder.

First off, you mention COINTELPRO. What do you think COINTELPRO did? I don't think they were innocent boy scouts or wrongly accused. YOU mentioned COINTELPRO, not me.

I'm deliberately avoiding speculation over Jeffery's potential COINTELPRO relationship as an agent and actor. However we do know he was MI5-MI6 and active in Egypt during his national service. He had bragged of killing people and was known to have done insurance scams. These are COINTELPRO red flags. And we do know Hendrix had unusual management-caused problems with his career. Not to mention being kidnapped and spiked with bad LSD.

What you write almost comes off as boasting admission via trolling ridicule.

I think you are in contempt and denial of the fact the murder evidence is backed by the forensics on record as recorded by credible emergency room doctors and coroners at London's St Mary Abbots Hospital.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM

I made that last post with "troll" included before I read the moderator's post.

I'm sorry. I will try to live up to the standard the site rules have created on this board. I'm sorry if any on my input has created any violation of the standard created on this board by its rules and moderation.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Bannister said he was reading a book on Hendrix while retired in Australia and came upon the part dealing with all this. He said it spurred his memory and suddenly made him realize there was merit to what was being alleged.
Sorry, but a 40-year old memory is absolutely useless as evidence.

If he saw it then, he would have said so then.

Even his statement is useless. How much wine did he see? A cup? A gallon? How, after 40 years, is he able to quantify the actual amount of wine he found? AFAIK, in autopsies you measure things like that. What was the measurement? How much?

Quote:
He said at the time he honestly thought Hendrix was just another 60's drug overdose.
Then that's what should be taken as evidence -- something he saw at the time, not 40 years later. Reading the book could easily have affected his memory.

Quote:
Obviously there was enough evidence, so their ruling draws suspicion.
Obviously? I don't think so. A person who changes his story 40 years after the fact is not evidence. In fact, you have yet to produce a single bit of actual evidence in your posts -- just people telling stories and changing their mind.

It's really a pretty preposterous way to kill someone anyway. Why not just give him enough barbiturates to kill him?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but a 40-year old memory is absolutely useless as evidence.

If he saw it then, he would have said so then.

Even his statement is useless. How much wine did he see? A cup? A gallon? How, after 40 years, is he able to quantify the actual amount of wine he found? AFAIK, in autopsies you measure things like that. What was the measurement? How much?

Then that's what should be taken as evidence -- something he saw at the time, not 40 years later. Reading the book could easily have affected his memory.

No, I don't think your insistence that he would have mentioned it then is all-ruling and irrefutable. I'm not sure what you are attempting to do here? Take the devil's advocate position or perhaps a moot defense lawyer position? Dr Bannister said he assumed Hendrix had experienced some kind of drug and wine situation that caused him to die. He assumed it was a drug/alcohol abuse death.

Autopsies were different back then. Especially with black people. The wine removed was not scientifically measured, however I trust the judgment and opinion of Dr Bannister vs someone offering grinding doubts. His opinion was many bottles worth. I trust his memory. His recounting was done closer to 20 years later and I'm sure it can be corroborated by other emergency room personnel.

Your offhand doubts grind against what is already known and the weight of the surrounding evidence. We have a scientifically-recorded blood alcohol level on record in the autopsy. We also have a barbiturate blood level. Once you record a negligible blood alcohol level associated with large amounts of wine in the lungs and body you automatically indicate death by drowning. I said in my original post that no one would offer anything to refute that basic forensic. No one has. Plus, we have someone coming forward with an alleged confession by the murderer, and there was a motive.

Your suggestion that Bannister was influenced by what he read in the book and then came forward with a false memory is rather weak considering most of the corresponding forensic evidence backs it. You have yet to answer how an unconscious Hendrix managed to get wine of any quantity into himself let alone bottles worth that killed him quickly? You are also completely ignoring the background information of Monika Danneman saying she washed 'sick' off of Jimi with wine. Who uses wine to wash vomit? Most people use a towel and warm water. Danneman was clearly aware she had to make an excuse for the wine. Since we've established her original account at the Inquest is complete nonsense we can also assume her wine washing story is as well. After all, the wine deeply penetrated the lungs. It wasn't just a surface application. We have to assume Danneman's trying to account for it is motivated by knowledge or guilt.

The forensics are firm. The barbiturate blood level can tell you when he took the pills and what condition he would have been in. I'll take Dr Bannister's word that he pulled large amounts of wine out of Hendrix as true. I haven't seen anyone suggest any credible evidence to prove otherwise. Once you have a large amount of wine in the body and low blood alcohol level you are corresponding to death by drowning in wine.

The correct forensic is:

Dr Bannister specified that he removed a plug of vomit from Hendrix's windpipe and the wine then gushed out. That fits the forensic of Hendrix being drowned in wine and then vomiting in response, as is known in drowning victims.

The blood alcohol level was too low to correspond to normal ingestion of wine. Several bottles worth of wine would bring the blood alcohol level up quickly, as any average college dorm student would attest.

Hendrix could not have taken in large amounts of wine while unconcious on sleeping pills.

The main witness Danneman's stories were proven bogus.

The main witness Danneman died by unnatural death just before being forced to testify.

A man has come forth with an alleged confession that fits the forensic.

Quote:
Obviously? I don't think so. A person who changes his story 40 years after the fact is not evidence. In fact, you have yet to produce a single bit of actual evidence in your posts -- just people telling stories and changing their mind.

It's really a pretty preposterous way to kill someone anyway. Why not just give him enough barbiturates to kill him?

The problem with that is he never changed his story he just gave more accurate detail.

The method of death was very sophisticated because it was successful for 30 years in covering-up the murder. You need to research the common counterintelligence method of false suicide by barbiturate at the time. Jeffery was an intelligence agent during his British national service.

The evidence is in the autopsy. It is also in the circumstances and facts I've described. I haven't seen you disprove any of them.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM

The reason they just didn't just give him barbiturates was because the only explanation for that would be suicide.

The question of how and when the Vesperax barbiturate got into Hendrix is uncertain. But it is secondary to the manner of death by drowning in wine.

Straight murder by barbiturate overdose would incur a verdict of suicide that would then nullify any insurance policies. This would take part of the murder incentive away.

Although some are claiming Jeffery had a million dollar personal policy on Hendrix I don't think he did. Warner Brothers records did have a million dollar nominal artist's policy. Any suicide verdict would have incurred a further investigation by Warner Brothers in trying to make their claim.

In my opinion murder by overdose would have taken too long with too many possibilities of failure. It also would have kept the murderers at the scene too long and possibly created a noticeable struggle. The drowning in wine is more like the kind of low-class quick murder the London thugs Jeffery hired would have used. It would have suggested the fatal combination of barbiturate and alcohol as well. After all, it worked.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Now, all you need to do is to tie this in with TWA flight 800 and you'll really have something!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Okay - I'll bite: what is your interest in this and what would you like to see happen at this point? Even if you tie it all up in a package with a neat bow, nothing has changed from a historical or legal standpoint unless you can get either a different ruling or a book published that is accepted as a preferred or at least alternate take on what happened...

...until then, we have another 27-year-old rock star who suffered a tragic, unfortunate and seemingly accidental death, with some folks on the sidelines saying something else happened. This has been said about Jim Morrison, too...
Old 01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The drowning in wine is more like the kind of low-class quick murder the London thugs Jeffery hired would have used.
Seriously? Drowning by wine? Is there a documented case of that ever being using in a murder?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I Am the One Who Bans

Quote:
The method of death was very sophisticated because it was successful for 30 years in covering-up the murder. You need to research the common counterintelligence method of false suicide by barbiturate at the time. Jeffery was an intelligence agent during his British national service.
Quote:
The drowning in wine is more like the kind of low-class quick murder the London thugs Jeffery hired would have used.
Am I the only one who can't reconcile these statements? The bottom line is that this story sounds like supermarket tabloid gossip, about 3 percent more credible than "I saw Elvis and Batboy eating at a Taco Bell in Texas."
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulff View Post
Now, all you need to do is to tie this in with TWA flight 800 and you'll really have something!
Please, PLEASE don't go there.

Last edited by ElvisL1ves; 01-20-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Please, PLEASE don't go there.
Oh, that's who Jetblast is. It makes sense now.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley23 View Post
Am I the only one who can't reconcile these statements? The bottom line is that this story sounds like supermarket tabloid gossip, about 3 percent more credible than "I saw Elvis and Batboy eating at a Taco Bell in Texas."

You're just ignoring the evidence. It comes from the doctors at St Mary Abbot's Hospital; The medical forensics as recorded in the autopsy; The British Government Inquest in October 1970; and other credible Hendrix friends, authors, and researchers who made serious efforts through the years.

I'm interpreting the lack of anything disproving what I wrote to vouch for its validity.
Closed Thread