The shower is not a toy (except when it is).

**1) Sensory Deprivation Chamber: **Only works if you have a bathroom without a window. Simply take a (long) shower with the lights out. Make sure that the lights are out in the room(s) adjacent to the shower, as well, since after 10 or so minutes your eyes will adjust and the light seeping in through the bottom of the door will ruin the effect. YMMV, but I find this to be extremely relaxing. Hopefully the person or persons you live with are the non-judgmental type; in college, my suite-mates thought I was weird as hell for doing this.

**2) Whiplash: **For those who are in the mood for “refreshed and invigorated” instead of “relaxed.” Do everything you need to do in the shower (soap, shampoo & conditioner, possibly masturbation, etc.). Then, instead of getting right out, plant yourself under the stream to the fullest extent possible and slowly increase the temperature until it’s about as hot as you can stand it. Give yourself 30 seconds to get acclimated … then slam the temperature gauge to maximum cold. Don’t shy away from contact with the stream. Get out just before you get totally acclimated to the cold water. Good. Morning.

**3) Lightsaber: **Turn the shower on to its hottest possible setting. Exit the bathroom and close the door. Retrieve your laser pointer. Wait two minutes. Return to the bathroom, close the door behind you, and turn off the lights. Turn on your laser pointer. Hold it with two hands, wave the beam around, and make lightsaber noises as desired. Fun!

4) The Shower-Head “Massager” (women only): No explanation needed, I trust.

Number 4 is not just for women. Just saying…

Oh yeah. I discovered that at a fairly young age. In fact, that was my first masturbation tool.

Involuntary variation on 2) much beloved of flatmates of a long ago girlfriend of mine:

Fill a bucket with cold water and ice. Sneak into bathroom of person having hot steamy shower. Suddenly reach up over the shower screen and dump content of bucket over them.

The effect is somewhat refreshing.

I’d always be afraid that if I tried this, I’d end up with about as much water outside the shower stall/bathtub as inside.

And it won’t be total sensory deprivation, since I’ll be hearing it all. And feeling it.

I know that the shower “massager” was meant to be sexual, but I’ll seriously sit in the shower for ten minutes just aiming the shower head point blank at my neck. It feels great.

I did something like this to a roommate in college.

He didn’t sound refreshed.

I’m trying to figure out how your shower is set up so that this is a concern. So long as you don’t take hold of the nozzle and move it around it should be ok, right?

Feeling, yes, but a running shower is basically a white noise machine.

If it’s dark, I can’t see if there’s a gap between the curtain and the edge of the bath enclosure.

If there’s a gap, water invariably seems to get out through there, and I have to use a towel to mop up the floor.

Ok, I’ll take your word for it. My experience has been different in that regard.

This might be even weirder, but I quite like to sit down in the shower and do this. Cross legged, eyes closed, and my own personal waterfall. It’s bliss. Maybe even, at a stretch of the imagination, spiritual. I get some of my best writing inspiration doing this.

Yep, I’m another one who likes to sit in the shower. It’s the sort of thing that never comes up in conversation, but I get the impression from a handful of folks that it’s not quite as rare as we might expect. Certainly no one in TV or movies ever sits (unless, of course, their parents were just killed or they’re in heroin withdrawal), but I could see this being one of those things that happens a lot without anyone knowing, because why would we start talking about it? Like that thread here recently which revealed that a pretty large percentage of people stand up to wipe after a bowel movement – the really fascinating thing (to me) was that most of the people who stood to wipe were surprised to learn that there were some people who didn’t stand!

What were we talking about again?

Don’t forget rubber duckies!

Here I thought I was going to be the first person to say something like this.

Wait… there are people who don’t stand up to wipe? How do they pull that off?

The first time me and an ex- of mine took a shower together was in the dark.

I was just getting ready to shower for work when he surprised me. It was during a really passionate beginning of the relationship, when he knocked one morning, and I, leaving the water running, came to the door with a towel around me. He immediately stripped and we ended up in the completely dark bathroom, where the “grope for what you want,” wet skin and not one word being spoken added a whole new dimension to the proceedings.

Heh, my husband is a shower-sitter. The first time I walked in on him sitting in the shower I was like “Are you ok? What happened?”, exactly because of the movie/tv scenes you mentioned. Sitting in the shower seems to be hollywood shorthand for emotional trauma.

I used to do the showering-in-the-dark thing in my 'shrooming days while I was tripping. After a minutes or two it would look like tentacle things were squirming around in the dark. In an entertaining, “Wow, look at that!” kind of way, not a “Augh, it’s going to get me!” kind of way.

Take as hot of a shower as you can, and bump up the temperature as you go. After maybe 10 minutes of this (never timed it, but feels like that), jump into very cold water for a swim. After a very mild, almost non-existent cold water shock, there is no temperature sensation of the water for a while, stay in till you just start feeling coldness of the water, then go back into the shower. I’ve heard of some people shivering while back under the warm shower, but perhaps I don’t stay long enough in the water.

Assuming the sitter is right-handed and holding the clump of TP in that hand, shift your weight left (and maybe forward), scooching the right buttock and upper thigh up off the toilet somewhat. Slide TP-covered hand under the upper thigh right where it meets the buttock (thus avoiding getting any waste on your arm), move clump of TP to the appropriate spot. (If you’re a woman, you’re probably placing it under the vulvar area to wipe post-peeing as well. Women always wipe front-to-back if they know what’s good for their urogenital health.) Carefully wipe moving the TP backwards. Being seated, your buttocks are still splayed, rather than naturally closing up somewhat like they would if you stood, so this allows for easier access there.

If a woman stood up post-peeing to wipe, they’d drip on their clothes. Seated wiping allows for one-swipe wiping, rather than wiping with hand in front between legs to handle the pee, then standing up to finish the job on the other side.

Ha, saw that coming.

At the risk of starting a hijack (there really are whole other threads devoted to this): You’re sitting in a chair in front of your computer. Assuming you’re right-handed, shift your weight to your left butt-cheek so that your right cheek is slightly raised, then pass your right hand under your right cheek and touch the bottom of your left cheek. This should illustrate the basic maneuver.

I assume it feels weird to you, but trust me when I say that wiping while standing feels every bit as weird to those of us who wipe while sitting.