Why does semen sting the eyes

Lost the questionmark in the header.

I’ve wondered about this for a while.

The salt content certainly plays a large part in the pain.

Didn’t see that coming.

WAG is probably the high pH.

Too much information.

Maybe the semen isn’t what’s hurting you.
Anything else around that might be poking you in the eye?

ummmmmm

Semen stings the eyes because its nature’s way of telling you you are doing something wrong.

Or maybe its god’s way of telling you to knock it off and don’t do dat no mo.

internal use only

…Because you’re doing it wrong!

Ohh, I’ve been hit in the eye with projectile semen and it stung a LOT. My eye was red and puffy for a few days. I’ve since learned to turn my head and close my eyes, btw. Don’t want that happening again.

Need answer fast?

Oh, and I don’t know, tiny wriggling things in your eye socket that aren’t supposed to be there? Can’t imagine why that would cause irritation.

Well, I don’t think high salt would cause that to happen…of course I could be wrong. Is it possible you had an infection?

Band name.

And it’s possible that all those sperm think your eyeball is just a ginormous ovum, and are trying to get in.

The eye has pretty narrow tolerances for pH, and I’ve heard that semen is alkaline (to counteract the normally acidic vagina).

You misspelled “That’s what she said!”.

The normal pH of semen and tears is the same range - 7.2-8.0. But that’s a pretty big range, so if you’re on the lower end of that and your partner the higher (assuming the semen in your eye isn’t yours), then yes, that could cause irritation.

The most worrisome part of getting semen in the eyes is that it’s a great way to spread STI’s, and herpes in the eye royally sucks.

Surprisingly, semen’s not particularly saline, I was taught, but I can’t seem to find numbers on that right at the moment.

You’re drinking too much orange juice!

When something hits your eye at high velocity it hurts, then it stings. I don’t have any experience with semen, but I did get mud in my eye once. It stung for the rest of the day and my eye was red the whole time.

I just may not be able to sleep tonight.

That’s just a horrific mental image.